Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, chapero82 said:

not me I was happy to give Puel time, after Man City and Chelsea and I was looking forward to today but it's like he goes well I have proved I can do it I am now going back to my old way that does NOT work and change the squad all over again! he does it often this is not the first time and it won't be the last either!

The guy is stubborn and doesn't learn from his mistakes 

If we had had used hamza ndidi and Mendy in the middle with the same front 3 i dont think it would have helped us at all

One more defensive midfielder? We already had 1 too many today!

I actually think Puel got it wrong today, but not for the same reasons as you, and I understand why he chose to play Vards and Albrighton

Silva is really like this big vacuum in our squad. We need the summer window to kick on and I really think we could

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Why is there no excuse for not beating Cardiff at home? Every week teams get unexpected results against perceived inferior opposition. Football is a low scoring game that is defined by key moments. Rarely do teams get steamrollered in a competitive league. Today we blew 3 or 4 key moments when we should/could have scored including a penalty. Their lad bagged a worldie and they worked their socks off. Good luck to em. 

No reactions left, but this is spot on

Just now, Nickfosse said:

So who would you have played today then mate?

for a start I would have started with Hamza, if not at least on the bench, as soon as he took Vardy off I knew we would never score, you could see we was crying out for height so why not put Iborra up? he did it for Sevilla and scored a few too, the best thing for a team is consistency chopping and changing every week can ruin things,

look at how we managed to win the league it was by using the same line up as much as we could 

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If we had had used hamza ndidi and Mendy in the middle with the same front 3 i dont think it would have helped us at all

One more defensive midfielder? We already had 1 too many today!

I actually think Puel got it wrong today, but not for the same reasons as you, and I understand why he chose to play Vards and Albrighton

Silva is really like this big vacuum in our squad. We need the summer window to kick on and I really think we could

I wouldn't have used the same 3 either I would have used Hamza and N'didi/Mendy 

Just now, chapero82 said:

for a start I would have started with Hamza, if not at least on the bench, as soon as he took Vardy off I knew we would never score, you could see we was crying out for height so why not put Iborra up? he did it for Sevilla and scored a few too, the best thing for a team is consistency chopping and changing every week can ruin things,

look at how we managed to win the league it was by using the same line up as much as we could 

Lol we had a penalty after Vardz came off! Our best chance of the game!

We had players on the pitch who should be able to put a penalty away

27 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Why is there no excuse for not beating Cardiff at home? Every week teams get unexpected results against perceived inferior opposition. Football is a low scoring game that is defined by key moments. Rarely do teams get steamrollered in a competitive league. Today we blew 3 or 4 key moments when we should/could have scored including a penalty. Their lad bagged a worldie and they worked their socks off. Good luck to em. 

But even so, it's not a one off. 2018 has been characterised by piss poor, lethargic performances at home. I'm personally not overly animated about today other than it being almost the perfect encapsulation of 2018 at home under Puel. No qualms about individual games as it happens every now and then but collectively the performances at home this year have been largely dire, both in the cup and the league.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

A sensible comment. 

36 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

It’s natural for Vardy to tire, after playing three games in a week on his return from injury.

The problem is, we have absolutely no-one half good enough to play up front, when Vardy it’s absent.

This is an absolute shambles. We spent so long offing forwards in the summer, Puel seems to have bet all his confers that Nacho is the real deal, and he isn’t. He doesn’t read what’s going on around him, so when he gets the ball he doesn’t have sufficient pace of decision making to know what to do with it, so it slows the game down, and he often ends up playing a simple pass that leaves us being closed down. Nacho will never be the answer, so Puel and the board need to deal with it, and make moves in January, to find a suitable number of strikers to finish the season off with.

Gray isn’t the answer either, to many attempted tricks and not enough quality on the ball. I’m hoping he turns this around, but I am not convinced.

its clear Vardy may not play every game, so we need a striker that can be a starter now.

Once Vardy is off the pitch....Puel has simply nobody....

We don't have a plan-B!!!  No hold-up striker...at all.!!

Ndidi again was doing what he can,but can't and doesn't attack with control any forward space.

Mendy is ok without being regular above avg.

Iborra hasnt filled that void,with real good performances.

Despite good performances against 2 top clubs,like traditional city's of the past,we were really not bad,just frustratingly avg,when we needed,some

drive,and imagination from the top 6....today!!

To be fair whether Wolves have quiet games,or good ones like today,they have front players who can change the flow of a game...

I am a bit envious,it hurts that the results today didn't go our way today.....it hurts we did a Leicester today,one hoped the youngsters,the experienced

players would have rode the adrenalin....

But now I am bored sick and tired of the Puel-out every time another twist comes......Sometimes,some days I think...ok let them have their way,let's

Go back to the dark days..let's go on a 6 manager-go around.Let's be all  Osteriches,and forget what shit And what of a failing squad Puel took on.Puel

A midfield of only Ndidi,who now himself is falling off his own potential,and 2 international  expensive failing in potential buys he has to handle without!!

Let the forum,lose its great banter posters and give into continual negative-prose and critic!!!!continual

today was for all of us frustrating...but any understanding of this wonderful game of football,in this festive season of quick roll-over of games,must of

seen ,the choice on selection was not great,and only egostic knowalls,would claim one change here or there would win us the game....after those

non-additions,had been in our great losing games this season!!  Then not playing with Choudry,should be an excuse why we lost the game....

because that admits,we are more crap,than what I suggest!!!

we all wanted to see Maguire and Soyu....but even with CB typical errors,they weren't to blame for the defeat!!!

Since the title win,we have become entitled and arrogant.....I've lost the desire to pick out the good banter...

12 minutes ago, Blue'nWhiteFox said:

Loosing to Cardiff is a reason alone to be sacked as a manager in a top club.

But it shows how great a job that Neil Warnock is doing there, really..

Not sure how much he has spent to get them nto the Premier League to this current day, £1-2m?, but getting that unfancied club up again is quite an achievement.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

For some looking back misty-eyed to the halcyon days of the title season, remember we only gathered 2 points from 9 at Christmas - fortunate to escape with only a 1-nil defeat at Anfield, then two 'turgid' (using that recent common phrase on here) 0-0s against Man City and 10-man Bournemouth. It wasn't always all-out counterattacking football. 

In that light, this year's return is much better and really we should have picked up the full nine. The penalty would have sealed the win. 

I admit Puel seems to make selection mistakes, Hamza today for example. And I hope he rectifies those going forward as he needs to and others. But we should look at the bigger picture. We haven't splashed the cash to be title winners again as did Chelsea and Man City although that's no guarantee - Liverpool have spent millions and still no PL title to date whilst Man United have failed since Fergie went. We are bringing through younger talent and trying to evolve alternative styles. Yes we do need some greater creativity in midfield. But we are in a fairly good place to move on. Recriminations over being eighth or mid table in the PL? I bet they'd love to have that in Forest or Coventry. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

So you would have changed a winning team which you just told me was folly?

Tbf you are right before the match I would not have changed it, but in hindsight that’s the change I would have made as N’didi/Mendy looked like they need a break but that’s in hindsight lol 

• Like 1

Personally I am moving between Puel in and Puel out like a yo-yo at the minute, and I am normally quite a decisive person.       

Its not hard to see why - there seems no middle ground with him. Some performances we over achieve, others we are abysmal. Players like Ben Chilwell have come on leaps and bounds. Yet players like Wilf, Gray, and Nacho are regressing. 

Ultimately though what has been central to this clubs success is good relationships, and Puel doesn’t seem to have that with anyone right now, sadly.

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

For some looking back misty-eyed to the halcyon days of the title season, remember we only gathered 2 points from 9 at Christmas - fortunate to escape with only a 1-nil defeat at Anfield, then two 'turgid' (using that recent common phrase on here) 0-0s against Man City and 10-man Bournemouth. It wasn't always all-out counterattacking football. 

In that light, this year's return is much better and really we should have picked up the full nine. The penalty would have sealed the win. 

I admit Puel seems to make selection mistakes, Hamza today for example. And I hope he rectifies those going forward as he needs to and others. But we should look at the bigger picture. We haven't splashed the cash to be title winners again as did Chelsea and Man City although that's no guarantee - Liverpool have spent millions and still no PL title to date whilst Man United have failed since Fergie went. We are bringing through younger talent and trying to evolve alternative styles. Yes we do need some greater creativity in midfield. But we are in a fairly good place to move on. Recriminations over being eighth or mid table in the PL? I bet they'd love to have that in Forest or Coventry. 

But why are you even comparing them? That season we were top at Xmas and it was our only rough patch. This year these 2 wins are our only highlights.

3 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

But why are you even comparing them? That season we were top at Xmas and it was our only rough patch. This year these 2 wins are our only highlights.

Because some people think we blitzed everyone with counterattacking football throughout that season. There were of course many occasions especially early on, but we largely ground out results after the wonderful Man City away win through Ranieri instilling real defensive discipline enacted on the field by Huth and others. Not criticising that at all of course. But some perspective is needed. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

We're doing fine! If Madders didn't fluff his lines we would have likely won it today and we'd be talking about 3 in a row! Puel in. 

You have got to be kidding me did you watch the game today we were awful! And other than the odd game this season it is what we have looked like most games Puel hasn’t got a clue and needs to go.

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

You have got to be kidding me did you watch the game today we were awful! And other than the odd game this season it is what we have looked like most games Puel hasn’t got a clue and needs to go.

If we had scored the peno we'd probably have won and would be 7th. That isnt just fine. Its tickity boo. His point stands

And we're still 8th btw

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 3