Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

I’d say get a grip but I’d be wasting my time. Yes it’s frustrating, but we only have ourselves to blame today. We had ample opportunities to put them to bed and didn’t take them. Vardy was never gonna finish the game today after the miles put in the past two games with the niggles he’s carrying. Damned if you don’t start him, damned if you take him off. Poor penalty from Maddison and the goal at the end was a good strike. Certainly not a vintage performance, I’m not going to sit here and say it was. People would still moan if we played Cardiff with three more defensively minded midfielders as we have done the past two games. I would still happily give him this season and review it in the summer. Everton should certainly be interesting on Tuesday, wouldn’t be surprised to see the same 11 from the City and Chelsea games. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be a case of the club choosing Puel as its a directive from the top rather than something Puel has instilled in the club and so why a future manager wouldn't be appointed with this in mind. That Brendan Rodgers is often the link suggests to me the plan wouldn't be a departure from such a philosophy. The average age of first team players signed under Puel is pretty much exactly the same as it has been since January 2016. Chilwell has obviously come through and Hamza given a handful of games but I don't see Puel has done anything out of the ordinary with respect to young players - and we're not the only ones that are looking to make this shift either.

I just think the style of play is outdated by 5+ years. It was what decent teams were doing 10 years ago. It's just too slow, there's no dynamism to the play, it lacks intensity and energy. To me, it's the result of not pressing the ball high enough so we win the ball back too deep and don't have the players to play through the lines quickly enough to play this way effectively. Maybe he doesn't quite have the squad but he really doesn't need to play Mendy and Ndidi at home together every week. Mendy first half today spent so much time on the toes of the centre halves to get the ball off them with no Cardiff player within 10 yards, fine if you turn and push into the space with purpose but he just gave it to the other centre half - it achieves nothing. Best one was when he was stood behind Kasper and asked him for the ball. It's not like it's unique to today, it's most weeks. Fulham was the most pathetic - the first 15 minutes of that second half it was pathetic how inept we were, unable to get out of the centre circle. We end up getting pushed out wide to throw a cross in to nobody, it just looks clueless to me. Seriously does anyone watch most weeks and like our pattern of play, such little impetus to it.

This is all that needs to be written in all honesty. He’s too defensive in his work and I suspect too defensive of criticism from people in close quarters to his methods. He is so scared of the “score more than the opposition “ philosophy, it renders him and the team useless in most scenarios. 

I’m not in the in or out camps, I just think his style and method is not relevant most of the time. That isn’t necessarily his fault though, he didn’t beg for the job as far as I’m aware, so we either go with it or we don’t. Time will tell.

8 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

I don’t know  but at some point the owner will realise the points return on the squad is just not good enough.

..that and it’s frustrating to watch us play these lower ability teams and screw it up.

The points return is fine by me, we’re 8th! Where do you expect us to be with our squad?

Yes I agree we do struggle against the lower teams yet we can beat the top sides, which would you prefer?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I am quite mad at the fact he dropped Choudhury for "tactical reasons". Arguably our best player over the last 3 games it's a baffling decision!

Not really is it?

could it not be that we need choudary for a “tougher” game at Everton? And that Puel felt we had enough with the team today to win, I did.

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Then we’d be challenging for a champions league place mate. 

But you support Leicester city so if that’s your benchmark I’m afraid you’re in for a life time of disappointment for the most part.

This is a league and if you finish 8th that doesn’t mean you’ve beaten the twelves” teams below you and lost to the seven above you. Sometimes you lose games you expect to win, sometimes win games you shouldn’t. What matters is where you finish.

overall imo, you can’t really argue while comfortable in the top half results wise. 

Football wise I admit it’s been torid at times but as you said it really picked up in the last two games and I don’t think today was a particularly boring game, we’ve had six shots on target missed a pen and while played with a more positive attitude not really played that well. I found it a half decent watch anyway. Certainly much better than a lot of the games I watched in October and November.

Yes I get that, although I can feel myself saying 'where's your ambition', I know I know, it's Leicester.

On the performance front, I hate the football we are playing, and to me it is anything but entertaining. everyone has their entitlement to an opinion, and mine is while we may sit 8th (and that league table is always brought out as an argument, which will work for now), the football for most part has been absolutely awful since he came in. I hate possession with no substance, which is why I loved the way we won the league, it shoved two fingers to this foreign ideology that you must keep the ball at all costs.

Anyway, the one thing we all share in common... we knew this was coming today, and that for me is what is most frustrating...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Maddison free kick and 20 yard shot nicely turn round the post.

Save from Vardys 1 on 1.

Vardy one on one, yes but he didn't get any purchase on it. And Maddison's free kick wasn't in the corner... We really didn't test him enough. Against Utd a week ago he was terrible.

Sat in front of some right melt who just moaned about EVERYTHING, had to bite my tongue a number of times.

I'm in the 'Puel Out' camp but don't want to be associated with the majority of meatheads at the ground who are calling for his head.

Booing decisions and certain players? Get a grip, you're embarrassing.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

Sat in front of some right melt who just moaned about EVERHTHING, had to bite my tongue a number of times.

I'm in the 'Puel Out' camp but don't want to be associated with the majority of meatheads at the ground who are calling for his head.

Booing decisions and certain players? Get a grip, you're embarrassing.

I can beat that ... not only does the old cvnt near me moan and boo at absolutely everything ...    he fookin smells !!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Football wise I admit it’s been torid at times but as you said it really picked up in the last two games and I don’t think today was a particularly boring game, we’ve had six shots on target missed a pen and while played with a more positive attitude not really played that well. I found it a half decent watch anyway. Certainly much better than a lot of the games I watched in October and November.

Meaning the onus wasn't on us to drive forward and create openings in the last two games, but rather park the bus and counter in the spaces left open, a simpler notion. As beautiful and historic as those last 2 games, Puel, despite a year and a half, does not know how to stage good performances against teams lower than us. Teams who will sit in and defend exactly like how we did against Man City. I'm not a Puel-outer, I actually want the man to get it right. He just hasn't shown me that he is good enough just yet. 

Edited by bfox

During Puel’s reign we have sold 3 big money strikers and haven’t replaced. On top of this our Mahrez replacement isn’t even as good as the player Mahrez himself replaced (Knockeart.) We also didn’t buy a creative midfielder. Puel’s biggest failing for me has been in the transfer window. Rather than use it to strengthen the whole squad he has only really added strength to the defensive side and has not added strength overall to the key attacking aspects within the team. It is this failing that may come back to bite him in the arse IMO.

31 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Yes I get that, although I can feel myself saying 'where's your ambition', I know I know, it's Leicester.

On the performance front, I hate the football we are playing, and to me it is anything but entertaining. everyone has their entitlement to an opinion, and mine is while we may sit 8th (and that league table is always brought out as an argument, which will work for now), the football for most part has been absolutely awful since he came in. I hate possession with no substance, which is why I loved the way we won the league, it shoved two fingers to this foreign ideology that you must keep the ball at all costs.

Anyway, the one thing we all share in common... we knew this was coming today, and that for me is what is most frustrating...

Know what you mean. I’m not saying we can’t do better than 8th but for a club like us it surely can’t be s sackable offence which you have acknowledged. 

I couldnt agree more pre Chelsea I was losing the will to live watching this team but today was fine for me, first half we did well were direct and looked to score and created chances. as I said earlier and people can laugh and look bemused all they want, We were Much the better side. Second half they came back into it a bit, subs weren’t great (again) but I dunno who’s tired and whose not, we’ve missed a pen and let in a wonder goal. As you say though, we all knew it was going to happen.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I’m not blaming puel for today. He put an attacking side out, best players out there, ball playing defenders. Penalty goes in, he’s done the job. Cardiff just did to us what we’ve done to better sides than us recently. Only slight gripe with him was sticking with Gray for so long. He’s a waste of a player at the moment, especially against teams that sit back.  

3 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

During Puel’s reign we have sold 3 big money strikers and haven’t replaced. On top of this our Mahrez replacement isn’t even as good as the player Mahrez himself replaced (Knockeart.) We also didn’t buy a creative midfielder. Puel’s biggest failing for me has been in the transfer window. Rather than use it to strengthen the whole squad he has only really added strength to the defensive side and has not added strength overall to the key attacking aspects within the team. It is this failing that may come back to bite him in the arse IMO.

If this is your ‘biggest failing’ then it’s aimed at the wrong person, blame with regards to transfers should be on the recruitment team and head of recruitment, the manager has his wish list but doesn’t take charge of recruitment 

45 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I am quite mad at the fact he dropped Choudhury for "tactical reasons". Arguably our best player over the last 3 games it's a baffling decision!

The only reason I saw for it is that if he played today, he would have played 4 games in a week and a half. 

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

If only the discontent was over three matches. But it's not is it. The bigger picture is not a pretty picture. Turgid football bizarre team selections, unrest in the team. All of these things have been going on since last season and well into this season. He needs to go for the greater good of the club.

I think quite a few of our 'fans' fit that description.

53 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Not really is it?

could it not be that we need choudary for a “tougher” game at Everton? And that Puel felt we had enough with the team today to win, I did.

He has played 2 games all season why lot rest N’didi or Mendy who actually needed it?

54 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Unfortunately fit most posters here he ain't going anywhere soon and there will not be much movement in terms of players coming in in January.

So...Get with the program and get behind the manager and your club it's always been a long term plan not a quick fix. 

We have such a young squad  and young players are inconsistent.

We are building from the bottom up, the future is bright. 

They can also be rubbish.