Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

1 minute ago, bmouth_fox said:

I hope we are not judging again after one, albeit poor, game.

Cardiff did to us what we did to Chelsea and City - lesser teams can sometimes cause an upset. We of all people should know this!

Onwards and upwards!

One game? Are you serious? You mean another crap loss at home to relegation fodder? What’s our record at home now under Puel? Those 2 wins were meaningless now after following up with a loss to Cardiff. Onwards and upwards? Under Puel more like sidewards and nowhere!

3 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Cardiff did to us what we did to Chelsea and City - lesser teams can sometimes cause an upset. We of all people should know this!

Onwards and upwards!

It’s not just one poor game though is it? It’s one of several over the last few weeks.

11 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Onwards and upwards!

This.

Should Pep and Sarri be sacked because they lost to lowly leicester? Football fans are a funny lot. X 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Buce said:

How many more seasons can we play to Vardy's strengths?

It may be the injury he's carrying but he looks to have lost a yard of pace to me.

For a Bucey Bonus, how many games have you seen Vardy play this season?

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

He has played 2 games all season why lot rest N’didi or Mendy who actually needed it?

Because despite only playing 2 games (not forgetting in the last week, agsinst tough opposition), he has looked awesome. And against Everton his pressing off the ball I think will be an advantage.

Agree ndidi and Mendy need resting too, but in my opinion they are more easily replaceable as the dont press as choudary does.

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just as a matter of interest, who is the manager waiting to step into the fray who you will think will improve our football and results? Given how vociferous and prolonged your vitriol towards our manager has been, I assume you’ve given it plenty of thought?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I’d certainly wish for a better return, of course. I keep changing my mind on Puel. It worries me that he may not have that ability to inspire that is a necessity for managers in any business. But could we be one player away from  being very good? If we had a Ricardo type player instead of Nampalys, who is solid but slightly uninspiring, that might just be the final piece of the jigsaw. And a striker as a genuine back up for Vardy. 

In the summer I suspect Simpson, Fuchs, Okazaki, Benny, James, King, Silva and Iborra will leave. Discounting possible departures we don’t want, we will need a centre mid and a striker, and we welcome back Barnes and Benkovic. If we can get that recruitment right we might just have a fantastic team.

i thus remain painfully positioned on the fence.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The failure to win can be defended to an extent but what can’t be defended is dire performances that accompany them, every team has an off day yes but so often we’ve looked a disillusioned and disinterested team. 

The popularity of this thread may tempt some of the media to refer to this website.

The Sun: 'Puel set to be dismissed by Leicester, after many fans on Foxestalk want him gone

Daily Mail: 'Puel likely to go, as Foxestalk is in meltdown over LCFC'S inconsistency'

13 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Just as a matter of interest, who is the manager waiting to step into the fray who you will think will improve our football and results? Given how vociferous and prolonged your vitriol towards our manager has been, I assume you’ve given it plenty of thought?

Billy Davies ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Good luck watching football if that’s your expectation. You really won’t enjoy it very much if you can’t take a defeat. It’s really not how the game works I’m afraid. 

I think you are missing the point slightly. Regardless of past results there is no excuse for not beating Cardiff at home. It's one step forward 2 steps back at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

I think you are missing the point slightly. Regardless of past results there is no excuse for not beating Cardiff at home. It's one step forward 2 steps back at the moment. 

Do you not think Chelsea fans said the same about us? Dont you think Man City fans think they should never be losing to us anywhere?

Football is not a dead cert in any situation. Thats why its good!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I'd take beating 2 of the top 4 more than a step forward. 

It shows we are good enough to beat and compete with the best.

Yet it's our ability to cut open lower teams that is holding us back

• Like 1