Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

7 minutes ago, Collo73 said:

for the final time.. No one booed nacho.. The booing was for the sub from the manager... OK if u believe nacho was better suited for this game then start him.. But at 0-0 don't take off your main man, at the very least play two up top

There were a few people near me booing when Nacho's name was announced. Maybe the biggest boo was for taking Vardy off, definitely a few booing Nacho

8 minutes ago, Collo73 said:

for the final time.. No one booed nacho.. The booing was for the sub from the manager... OK if u believe nacho was better suited for this game then start him.. But at 0-0 don't take off your main man, at the very least play two up top

You were there right? With your eyes open? 

Vardy had been ineffective the entire second half. He was knackered. He's still dealing with an injury. He played two full games already this week. Everything was bouncing off him and he couldn't beat Bamba for pace. 

Taking him off was the right thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He should have started. If he had started and played like Vardy did today he'd have been slated.

Nacho looked far more suited to the game today than Vardy

And I meant even though he got booed on he didnt let it get to him and still played well (impressive as his mentality has seemed a bit questionable recently) with a great touch and clever play. You probably wouldnt notice that though

Vardy was out of sorts in fairness today, but Nacho again stank.

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

You were there right? With your eyes open? 

Vardy had been ineffective the entire second half. He was knackered. He's still dealing with an injury. He played two full games already this week. Everything was bouncing off him and he couldn't beat Bamba for pace. 

Taking him off was the right thing to do. 

yep you're right.. taking vardy off was the right thing to do.

Lesta 0 - Cardiff 1 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

You are, if you think Puel made a bad uninspired decision. So did you to boo and help remove any modicum of confidence the oncoming player had. Well done dickheads.

mate, I'm done.. And yes to all of the above just to put your mind at ease x

Just now, southfox66 said:

Id like to know what those who are a 100% behind Puel think he will ultimately achieve at the club. When I look what Pearson achieved keeping us up, Raneri achieved winning the title and O'Neill in his day, Puel seems nowhere near them. 

Pretty sure Puel will keep us up too

1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

Id like to know what those who are a 100% behind Puel think he will ultimately achieve at the club. When I look what Pearson achieved keeping us up, Raneri achieved winning the title and O'Neill in his day, Puel seems nowhere near them. 

I love Nige as much as the next man, but conflating the achievement of "staying up" by saying Puel is not achieving anything is bizarre.

Top 10 is fine for me this season, as well as the continued transition to a younger side as allied to the long term strategic direction of the club.

He does need to have a good next 2 transfer windows though.

15 minutes ago, Collo73 said:

yep you're right.. taking vardy off was the right thing to do.

Lesta 0 - Cardiff 1 

You realise if he ended up with a long spell injured because he’s been forced to play more, that would be Puels fault too? And nacho has been cheered in recent times for being substituted, recently too so you’ll forgive me for thinking the majority (excluding you as you’ve said) we’re booing him for coming on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Funny that.

In the pre-match thread, everyone was happy with the team selection.

I wasn’t!

But then I wasn’t really being too serious. That said, I still think it was reckless leaving him out following a solid performance against Man City, and don’t tell me he needed resting, because that is rubbish. 

We are at a point where we are transitioning. If we stick with Puel we have to accept his style of play but players like Vardy, Albrighton, Gray...etc will need to be replaced as they are not possession players. Or we replace him with someone who likes attacking directly with pace and play a Jurgen Klopp style. 

Just now, shailen said:

We are at a point where we are transitioning. If we stick with Puel we have to accept his style of play but players like Vardy, Albrighton, Gray...etc will need to be replaced as they are not possession players. Or we replace him with someone who likes attacking directly with pace and play a Jurgen Klopp style. 

How many more seasons can we play to Vardy's strengths?

It may be the injury he's carrying but he looks to have lost a yard of pace to me.

Today I could have understood 3-4 changes to rest weary legs. Morgan seemed obvious. Hamza just bizarre especially when you hear Puel say it was tactical. He’s played less than the other two and is young enough to push through a third game. He didn’t complete the last 90 after all. 

I was surprised Gray started as I thought he was really poor when he came on v Man City to the extent Puel has to reshuffle because of his lack of discipline and ball retention. 

How he wasn’t the first sub today is baffling. He really isn’t developing at all in his anticipation and decision making. Too many times he doesn’t make the runs into space that will result in a through ball or at least take a player away and open things up more.  Seems the stubbornness to “develop another young talent” is leading to sheer ignorance where Gray is concerned. 

In midfield Is he so cautious he can’t risk Iborra against a team with an awful away record?  Someone who might actually play forwards once in a while and put them on the back foot?   

Vardy had a pretty poor game but against Cardiff bring an extra striker on not a totally inadequate replacement (ability, confidence or application take your pick). 

First two subs seemed to completely deflate the team who hadn’t been playing well in second half as it was. Totally wrong decisions 

on the up side the young CB played well but of course that will count for nothing come the next game 

I hate this 6/9 is great rubbish. We did the hrs bit and then show up like today...

• Like 1

It’s natural for Vardy to tire, after playing three games in a week on his return from injury.

The problem is, we have absolutely no-one half good enough to play up front, when Vardy it’s absent.

This is an absolute shambles. We spent so long offing forwards in the summer, Puel seems to have bet all his confers that Nacho is the real deal, and he isn’t. He doesn’t read what’s going on around him, so when he gets the ball he doesn’t have sufficient pace of decision making to know what to do with it, so it slows the game down, and he often ends up playing a simple pass that leaves us being closed down. Nacho will never be the answer, so Puel and the board need to deal with it, and make moves in January, to find a suitable number of strikers to finish the season off with.

Gray isn’t the answer either, to many attempted tricks and not enough quality on the ball. I’m hoping he turns this around, but I am not convinced.

its clear Vardy may not play every game, so we need a striker that can be a starter now.

13 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

You realise if he ended up with a long spell injured because he’s been forced to play more, that would be Puels fault too? And nacho has been cheered in recent times for being substituted, recently too so you’ll forgive me for thinking the majority (excluding you as you’ve said) we’re booing him for coming on.

get a grip pal