Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

Why is there no excuse for not beating Cardiff at home? Every week teams get unexpected results against perceived inferior opposition. Football is a low scoring game that is defined by key moments. Rarely do teams get steamrollered in a competitive league. Today we blew 3 or 4 key moments when we should/could have scored including a penalty. Their lad bagged a worldie and they worked their socks off. Good luck to em. 

Precisely my reading of things too

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Only if you'd rather finish 7th than win a cup....

But it's not that simple is it?

Yes, we may have beat city in the cup, but what if by doing so we lost vardy for a month or so and then taken 0 from 9 points instead of the 6 we did?

It's all ifs and buts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

People keep saying to me, “would you of took the 6 points from the last 3 games,”?    NO WE SHOULD OF HAD 9, puel out!!

On the back of the previous 2 wins jigs yes I agree 9,but before the previous wins against Chelsea and Man City you would have expected 3,

im not defending today’s result but just giving some perspective

The most disappointing thing out of the last 4 games is that Puel has only managed to get us to a points total you would have expected. Amazing achievements v Chelsea and Man City. 6 "bonus points." The bread and butter games v Palace and Cardiff cancelled these out as we were woeful so overall we stay in the pack. If the guy can't discover a formula that works v lesser opposition, especially at home then he will be gone by the summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Piece of piss win for them

Agree, plus it's on the telly are results on the box for the past year and a bit are shocking, don't think we have won any of them in the league, we live in hope though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smitha said:

Agree, plus it's on the telly are results on the box for the past year and a bit are shocking, don't think we have won any of them in the league, we live in hope though.

Certainly not the 12.30 kick off, it's been a long time since we got anything in one of those games.

Just now, chapero82 said:

well I've had quite a bit of abuse personally and have seen a lot more from the Puel in side to others but that is my personal view.

Well I want Puel to stay and have had a lot of crap today after I gloated after the wins against Chelsea and city it feels like a lot of fans are happy for us to lose to prove their point puel is inadequate 

• Like 1

Just now, kyleolly said:

Well I want Puel to stay and have had a lot of crap today after I gloated after the wins against Chelsea and city it feels like a lot of fans are happy for us to lose to prove their point puel is inadequate 

not me I was happy to give Puel time, after Man City and Chelsea and I was looking forward to today but it's like he goes well I have proved I can do it I am now going back to my old way that does NOT work and change the squad all over again! he does it often this is not the first time and it won't be the last either!

The guy is stubborn and doesn't learn from his mistakes 

• Like 1

Just now, chapero82 said:

not me I was happy to give Puel time, after Man City and Chelsea and I was looking forward to today but it's like he goes well I have proved I can do it I am now going back to my old way that does NOT work and change the squad all over again! he does it often this is not the first time and it won't be the last either!

The guy is stubborn and doesn't learn from his mistakes 

So who would you have played today then mate?

22 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Why is there no excuse for not beating Cardiff at home? Every week teams get unexpected results against perceived inferior opposition. Football is a low scoring game that is defined by key moments. Rarely do teams get steamrollered in a competitive league. Today we blew 3 or 4 key moments when we should/could have scored including a penalty. Their lad bagged a worldie and they worked their socks off. Good luck to em. 

Precisely my reading of things too