Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

I think people become extremely frustrated with the fact we get above average results against the top 6 and then as a whole, poor results against the rest. If we were more consistent with our performances and results we quite easily would be pushing for top 6. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think people become extremely frustrated with the fact we get above average results against the top 6 and then as a whole, poor results against the rest. If we were more consistent with our performances and results we quite easily would be pushing for top 6. 

There was a time when would batter the smaller teams but struggle against the top lol 

so he’s improved it the other way around I guess lol 

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Game after game after game. Months has gone by. We can see the problem. But Puel does not. It is really frustrating.

To be honest, I like Puel and what he has done in terms of the possession based element of the game that he brought to the team and also development of young players. But his insistence on using Ndidi and the problem he does not see with the lack of creativity in CM is extremely frustrating. 

After the Chelsea and Man City wins, I thought he saw the light. But his reversion back to his old ways against Cardiff tells me that he didn’t see the light. It was a fluke against Chelsea and Man City in terms of his team selection.

Why the particular frustration? Because it was also those two games that showed that the players we have really are very good and are capable of beating any team. We should be doing much better and more consistently than we are. As the commentators kept repeating during the Cardiff game too, Leicester has much more quality in them than they have shown. Yes I fully agree.

If we can get the players playing more consistently at the Chelsea/Man City game levels and not play with such defensive formation, leaving Vardy alone up front particularly against lower teams, we would be much higher in the table. We did win the league (so we are capable of more) and I truly believe we can do better as we still have very good players.

I am in two minds. I like Puel overall but his stubbornness on a few things is continuously costing us our winning mentality and results. I rather that he sees the light and stay with us, but if he will never do that, than I rather him leave sooner rather than later. 

We do have good players but you could also argue they're very one dimensional. Counter attacking we're almost as good as anyone but teams sitting back against us we have no way of breaking them down. 

39 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We do have good players but you could also argue they're very one dimensional. Counter attacking we're almost as good as anyone but teams sitting back against us we have no way of breaking them down. 

Of course when we play with a lone striker and no creativity from CM. This is a tactical and selection issue more than players’ abilities. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

We should just stick to counter attacking but work on developing the players technically to do it better. No point doing something we’re shite at and Atletico don’t seem too bad off with their style of play, all started with Ranieri post title trying to change the way we play and every time we gone back to it it works again, surprise. 

But it only works against better, more adventurous sides. We can't counter the likes of Cardiff really

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

Of course when we play with a lone striker and no creativity from CM. This is a tactical and selection issue more than players’ abilities. 

From the current crop I'm struggling to pick out a player that can unlock a stubborn defense with either a pass or a bursting run

Just now, pmcla26 said:

You can counter anyone if you press the right way and set up the right way, it’s not like Cardiff would never attack if we sat back against them 

Hmmm maybe. You'd get people going mad at Puel for sitting back at home against Cardiff though

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Im sorry, you have been consistently critical of our manager for almost a year now. Your tweet today suggesting that our record is not good enough is yet more evidence. I have no agenda, neither am I a fool. My very simple point is that undermining our Manager and not giving them time to develop a young team is foolhardy. 

The records a record though isn't it, there is an argument to be made based on it or are we not allowed to use such things to support our reasonings now.

Just as others use whatever records or stats to counter the debates.

He's been critical, highlighted the issues because they are there is reason to be critical, there are issues to be highlighted, its not as if a minority are disgruntled with what we are witnessing and he's fuel that fire to win fans over to think that way, alot of people have problems with whats going on and that record speaks for itself.

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

You can counter anyone if you press the right way and set up the right way, it’s not like Cardiff would never attack if we sat back against them 

Fair point, and as someone has already said if it becomes clear that it isn’t working , just change it after 30 minutes or at half time. Of course, the changes and plan at kick off didn’t work, because Cardiff came  out fired up  (like most Warnock teams) and attacked us for the first 10 minutes! How dare they- didn’t they know they should just roll over to our superior skills as we’d just beaten 2 of the best teams in the world. 

Also, I know the game has changed a lot since I graced Vickeh Park and the public pitches of Leicester, but some people make it sound like cdms can’t function in the final  third, and can’t strike a decent effort towards a goal. I’d love to take them to meet WD, PM, HC etc and see their reaction to that theory. 

Im old school; should’ve kept the winning team, ( assuming all fit) , instructed them to start with high energy, gambled on getting ahead, then managed it from there , putting fresh legs on when needed.

15 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

I can't believe anyone would support this club and at the same time have regretted beating Chelsea and Man City. Remember that rush when those games were over? That someone would prefer us 6 points worse off just to spite our manager is absolute madness to me.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

The records a record though isn't it, there is an argument to be made based on it or are we not allowed to use such things to support our reasonings now.

Just as others use whatever records or stats to counter the debates.

He's been critical, highlighted the issues because they are there is reason to be critical, there are issues to be highlighted, its not as if a minority are disgruntled with what we are witnessing and he's fuel that fire to win fans over to think that way, alot of people have problems with whats going on and that record speaks for itself.

Ok then, if a record is a record as you say, we were hovering just above relegation when he took over and he got us a top 10 finish, and we are in the top ten after just over half of this season. Add in he is doing this while developing a young group of players and his 8th place with Southampton and I’d say his record is perfectly acceptable for a club of our stature wouldnt you?

Surely the issue for many of us is that we have no confidence in puels decisions before  and during games. 

How does hamza not start?

Our creativity was stopped at ht.

When gray doesnt start he is on the bench.. when hamza doesnt start he is in the stand. 

Puel seems deluded in his interviews. .. this is un inspiring for fans and players.

Leadership requires respect. 

The hest that puel in guys can say is "give him till summer".... he is not the one. .. .. puel ball is years out of date

Edited by foxinsocks

9 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Couldn’t be further from the truth, I’ve not opened FT for a month because I couldn’t stand the whinging and moaning about just about everything. Chose not to be impacted by the negative energy and negative thought processing. Thought the booing and reaction at the game today was unjustified and became aware that some people with influence read forums so thought I’d  add my 5 pennorth. Not the best night to stand up for the manager if you want to play to the gallery. Anyway, love and peace to you for the New Year. 

Just to be clear I may not have liked the performance yesterday but I never have and never will boo my own team as I never think that that sort of reaction helps. 

27 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Ok then, if a record is a record as you say, we were hovering just above relegation when he took over and he got us a top 10 finish, and we are in the top ten after just over half of this season. Add in he is doing this while developing a young group of players and his 8th place with Southampton and I’d say his record is perfectly acceptable for a club of our stature wouldnt you?

Correct.

However I said at the start of the season and keep saying, the league position within reason isn't that important to me given last season, given my issues and frustrations with Puel from last season, it's performance related and that needed and still needs to be improved, very little in that regard has changed with his tenure, at times it seems worse.

For the record, i'm delighted with our current league position, but how we're playing.... :nono:

Have we seen any improvement? Very little. Have we seen much developing of young players? Chilwell, credit for Puel giving him the run but was that a natural progression, I'd like to potentially say Choudhury but let's give him a run rather than a couple of games then dropping him, anyone else? Ricardo's improved since signing but he's 25, I think that was more about settling in. The reason he got sacked from Southampton after finishing 8th is for similar reasons to what we are complaining about.

Now I can't speak for everybody but I think that is most peoples problems - The performances.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

I'm a puel in fan but yesterday was looking at the points we've lost this season.....

Cardiff at home lost without scoring 

Burnley at home drew without scoring 

West ham at home drew against 10 men

Palace away lost without scoring 

Fulham away drew played awful 

Brighton away drew played awful 

Bournemouth away battered 

Not great 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Of course your argument based soley on league position is irrefutable. However, within statistics lie nuances and contradictions that mean that things are not so straigtforward. This all really boils down to what, if there are indeed any, are the long or even mid-term ambtions of the club?  I believe that statistics show that victories over the so-called big six by the rest of the league are in fact becoming less common as the gap between these clubs and the rest grows. If you compare these to a magician pulling rabbits out of a hat then we will need to either pull more rabbits out of the hat each season or significantly improve our record against the sides below and and around us in the league if we are to significantly improve as a side.

Whilst fans will always be divided about any manager what we all really want is to win. It would be a significant bonus to be entertained at the same time.

I can see that we are in transition but I'm not convinced there has been any improvement at all when we play sides outside the top 6. If anything our perfomances have gone backwards since that early, in Puel's time, 4-1 win away at Southampton. Our results at home are pretty disappointing really.

Whilst taken in isolation the title win of 2016 could be seen as distorting the fan's expectations for the club, that, combined with a very significant investment both on and off the pitch, raise legitimate questions among the fan base as to whether  appropriate improvements are being witnessed commensurate with that level of investment.

The question of whether the owners and the board also think so is one I would love to know the answer to.

• Like 1

Need to rename Puel “the Teflon don” everytime he is close to the sack he pulls a big result out against a top 6 side and that saves him! He’s bought himself another 10 games now and no doubt we will be dreadful then when he’s on the brink we will beat another top 6 side 

Edited by jonny_wright
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Need to rename Puel “the Teflon don” everytime he is close to the sack he pulls a big result out against a top 6 side and that saves him! He’s bought himself another 10 games now and no doubt we will be dreadful then when he’s on the brink we will beat another top 6 side 

Well we play them in clumps of three early feb and last three games of the season .....