Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

We've got a loan against all the Mahrez money and two years or prem money. Barring a disaster he's here to stay for a couple more years.

I'd imagine the club will be happy with safe, boring and paying off the loans. Rather than being too overly interested in whether we finish 7th or 11th, or whether we look pretty doing it.

It's all about being safe and bringing in the money for a few years.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

You do go to games don't you?

How shit were the games in the title winning season against West Brom, Newcastle, Saints, Palace away, Watford away. Or the next season where we we're utter shit and getting relegated. And then the start of the next season when another manager got sacked for being terrible against Hudds, Bournemouth and West Brom. 

Not every team comes to defend, see Watford the other week (fair play to them), the bigger teams don't come to defend also. But the others have had us over a barrel for a long time before Puel arrived. The counter is easy to combat so long as you don't want to commit people forward. 

Yeah. Only missed three games home and away in last two seasons.

Not sure what 2nd paragraph has to do with my comment?

Glad you agree with me in 3rd paragraph.

One question-: If an opponent is aware that Leicester like a slow build up. would that slow build up help or hinder them in getting back into defensive shape?  That's the top and bottom of my point. Not really contentious is it?    

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Yeah. Only missed three games home and away in last two seasons.

Not sure what 2nd paragraph has to do with my comment?

Glad you agree with me in 3rd paragraph.

One question-: If an opponent is aware that Leicester like a slow build up. would that slow build up help or hinder them in getting back into defensive shape?  That's the top and bottom of my point. Not really contentious is it?    

We look slow because of how the other team sets up. Hence us not looking slow when the other team wants to attack us.

If he just wanted slow build up it'd be like that against every team including those that attack and leave space to exploit. But we don't, we look quicker and we move the ball into the space quicker.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've got a loan against all the Mahrez money and two years or prem money. Barring a disaster he's here to stay for a couple more years.

I'd imagine the club will be happy with safe, boring and paying off the loans. Rather than being too overly interested in whether we finish 7th or 11th, or whether we look pretty doing it.

It's all about being safe and bringing in the money for a few years.

I think the above is sad but true for the forseeable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think the above is sad but true for the forseeable.

But, after 2 years or so of safety, we'll have a stadium and surrounding area to expand and bring in revenue, brilliant facilities at the training ground. It'll all be things that can help bring in big players.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

But, after 2 years or so of safety, we'll have a stadium and surrounding area to expand and bring in revenue, brilliant facilities at the training ground. It'll all be things that can help bring in big players.

Yes perhaps. But if we continue to play a style of football which offers no chance of silverware and simply mid table mediocrity we risk having our better players seek fulfilling their football aspirations elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I've been saying this is likely the plan for 6 months or so. Bring in the money, stay safe and then when it's all in place try and push on. Even then it will be gradual.

This project for them will be looked at as a two decade long one from when they arrived. It's the only way to do it without a sugar daddy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes perhaps. But if we continue to play a style of football which offers no chance of silverware and simply mid table mediocrity we risk having our better players seek fulfilling their football aspirations elsewhere.

Swan this will happen anyway. If the player is wanted by Liverpool, Man City, Man U etc there is nothing we can do about that. 

Doesnt matter if we are 7th and playing like Barca, the players heads will be turned and they'll want out.

Even the biggest teams in this league lose their players to Spain. It's just seen as a step up and something more glamorous, that's the football food chain.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So I looked at the "facilities" almost as like an open day for a new signing. The first things they'll see is the training ground and Stadium, if they're both state of the art and brand new it'll attract that higher calibre that older facilities. 

But i agree with your point, think since the accident this season has moved from whatever the plan was to developing the side further and consolidating what we are as a team. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Swan this will happen anyway. If the player is wanted by Liverpool, Man City, Man U etc there is nothing we can do about that. 

Doesnt matter if we arent 7th and playing like Barca, the players heads will be turned and they'll want out.

Even the biggest teams in this league lose their players to Spain. It's just seen as a step up and something more glamorous, that's the football food chain.

Sure but if you are enjoying your football and competing it’s a tougher decision. 

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Sure but if you are enjoying your football and competing it’s a tougher decision. 

Realistically how many players at all clubs have ever not wanted to make those moves, so few.

For me it's not even worth worrying about, the focus should be on how they are replaced because it's nigh on inevitable.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I've been saying this is likely the plan for 6 months or so. Bring in the money, stay safe and then when it's all in place try and push on. Even then it will be gradual.

This project for them will be looked at as a two decade long one from when they arrived. It's the only way to do it without a sugar daddy.

They're putting in a lot of groundwork to make us a big side from the ground up. Think what we're seeing now is, as you said, Top wanting safety and a show of development and promise in what we're doing on the pitch. 

When we're at a stage where our infrastructure is all set and modernised, then we should start to see that push.

As a fan, it's great to know that the owners are pumping millions in to give us a brilliant stadium and training ground, we are bloody lucky to have them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I should add there is always a balance to strike. They wouldn't be happy with just finishing 16th because it pays the bills.

I trust them to do that.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I should add there is always a balance to strike. They wouldn't be happy with just finishing 16th because it pays the bills.

I trust them to do that.

I trust them too, but wait for the meltdown when we sell Maguire.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I trust them too, but wait for the meltdown when we sell Maguire.

We've already signed the replacements so wouldn't be a massive shock!... to some lol

Edited by Babylon

On 04/01/2019 at 14:44, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I agree with odd points but we're still in a massively better position as a football club than we have been for most of those years.

As for the cat could have us sat in 7th, disagree. That's harsh to be fair

You’ve never met my cat so you are hardly in a position to make that judgement are you.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2019 at 15:09, turtmcfly said:

The argument for sacking him is now redundant based on where we sit in the league and three wins in a week, neither of which were apparently anything to do with him? Only one of your arguments could be that shit.

If you've made a positive post about anyone at the club I can't remember it. Let's face it - you're the embodiment of the old 'predicted 9 out of the last 5 recessions' type of clueless, negative WUMmmer.

Sorry pal, we don’t all need to be happy clappers and agree with the majority. 

Its a forum where we we can post what we ****ing like without abusing each other.

• Like 1