Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Your last dozen posts are shown below. I don't think you're a bot, but neither am I convinced you could pass the Turing test.

• I still want him out
  • He don't want to buy new players
  • Get him out Top
  • Get him out Top
  • Out
  • Get him put
  • Top get him out now
  • Get him out
  • Puel out now
  • Sack puel today please top
  • We are not a one man team
  • Top puel out puel out puel out purl out purl out

Perhaps he's a knitting pattern?

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

This thread is like bloody Groundhog Day. And I still check in to read it. ?

Well, by definition, it wouldn’t Groundhog Day if you didn’t. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Your last dozen posts are shown below. I don't think you're a bot, but neither am I convinced you could pass the Turing test.

• I still want him out
  • Get him out Top
  • Get him out Top
  • Out
  • Get him put
  • Top get him out now
  • Get him out
  • Puel out now

I’m not sure what that says about whoever it is that has given him 10 rep points. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I've seen him do those things, it won't make the blindest bit of difference as too many people have made their mind up that they don't like him and aren't capable of thinking rationally about him, his decisions, performances or results and just want him gone. 

Agreed that many seem to irrationally want Puel out. For many I think it started with his reputation during his final days at Southampton and isn't actually based on what he's achieved here.

Sure, we're far from perfect and can be frustratingly inconsistent, and sometimes his team selection can underwhelm. But look where we are. If it wasn't for the title win, Puel's reign would be the best since O'Neill in terms of league position.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 3

@Shaun the fox 1 Punctuation is not your strong suit is it ?

• I still want him out
  • Get him out Top
  • Get him out Top
  • Out
  • Get him put
  • Top get him out now
  • Get him out
  • Puel out now

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

• I still want him out
  • Get him out Top
  • Get him out Top
  • Out
  • Get him put
  • Top get him out now
  • Get him out
  • Puel out now

This has killed me off lol

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think you are right, I can't see the harm in working harder to nurse his relationship with the fans and media a bit better. I get the impression he isn't really that comfortable being a figurehead, perhaps he has reservations about 'personality' managers! :rolleyes: I do too, but the fans who spend a lot of money following us do deserve the best communication he can give.

He is never going to really change the 'Whispering Claude' thing, and I'd rather he stayed true to himself, but that doesn't change the fact that the fans (and communication) are important.

I couldn't give a cuss.... 

Some posters/media  didn't take to ,MON,Pearson,even away from city..Bobby Robson,Ferguson !!!! 

The media turn around in circles to create stories over the gud..bad and the ugly..even when the targets,prove like life,..it takes all sorts!

The modern fan loves to believe they are the better pundits,so prefer to go jumping on the negatives when uselessly trying to create issues,on obvious

differences within our sporting heroes...

Pearson came out with the best of all descriptions...Ostriches..

I put it down to simple male jealousy...and pathetic machoism..Then like all failed wanna-be's, make a career,/needed image boosters looking for pathetic

immature Nuances to create non-issues.Then hide behind gems like  "fans pay their money"black

Claude Puel/Claudio Ranieri/Klopp. etc etc, ex-players, totally different sorts,just like the  30k+ fans who go to watch their teams...

Ranieri for all his wise-cracking,riding someone else's horse,but also cleverly adjusting the reins,got us the title..

Puel..quiet unassuming ,speaks English,better than his critics,any impediments,usually from the side of those critic!!!

This guy took on a failing mixed-all-sorts of a squad,dwindling,aging careers,Youngsters still needing to show they might realise their potential

Finances already blown on high-transfer potential players,who turned out to be duds for our needs.Ruined for us and Puel a future potential midfield!!

and a povering strike force...Within a year...defence sorted, a stabilising of a mediocre midfield,nursing with our Mr Leicester a troubled/injured forward

Group of 2....

Players brought in Maddison,/Ghezzal/Pereira/Soyuncu/Benkovic/Ward /Diabate more beneficial to our cause,than the 18month grab routine before him!!!

exception Maguire!!!

Despite all the crap written,about,over,under,around him..honest,true,downright lies,positives even real finds of the negative.....

Thank God he's our manager,and not those proposed by the same honest fans,but failing pundits...He actually took it on and is doing it..!!

Hey !!!!  He's slowly reaching the parts that others couldnt,hes turning some doubters slowly around...

Some now knowing and realising,conspiracy theories and utterings of player discontent and other made up tribulations,are/have gone too far!!

Ok, just maybe another,might of done it..but "maybes" is not the reality!!!

Puel is the reality,the slow turn around is reality,the expected and assumed ups and downs(obvious to the straight talkers) reality,

The growing pains,of the journey, replaying through turgid, bad,average,poor,top ,surprising performancies,reality!!!!

Ranging between 11-7th,in this badly need redevelopement and rebuilding era,is the reality.and

Not a struggling relegation endangered team of club is a reality

Puel Tenure,is moving forward,successes within a frail but strong squad is a reality...

Anybody want to argue!! That Puel hasn't rekindled whether it's for a short period,or 1-2 seasons or longer??

Morgan..Simpson,Mendy,and grabbed out Evans from the pool of doubt,plus used another oldie, wisely in Fuchs.

but no !! Some Yokels will single out avg performing players,   (all squad members have had more below expectation displays),and give it the

reason for Puel s incompetence to manage the club....

Again am I a Puelist..No!!  But 7th in the PL, performances individually and as a team,have slowly  improved...We "also rans",with decent funds,but

stuck in the mire because of poor,or just bad-luck failed past recruitment,Potentially good players doing well but just  not consistent enough as of yet!!!!

I just say...Give a big thankyou and Support to Claude Puel...There will be stuttering periods....

Strange how sport media,even the smaller journalist go more after and crawl  onto assumed  the negatives,than instead realise they are witnessing

a good story where a coach is slowly settling into his job,and taking that pigs ear and trying to make the proverbial silk purse..

I don't need these short-sighted journalists,or small minded fans crusades,to report on the negatives...while I see growth,positive movement,

over the last 14 months,again the defence stability alone was worth it,even when it wobbled,We had fit players to bring it back on course!!I

Mind you I suppose we will always have the group -huddled-meetings,where it's questioned ,"okay but What did the Romans ever do for us"

Success within changes,will not spring along in leaps and bounds....rebuilding at this level,we have never done before,we aren't to be compared

with the programmes of Manutd/Man.city/Chelsea/L'pool/Arsenal or Spurs. even Evertons infrastructure should be better placed...and that lack of

foresight and understanding,from within our fan-base who carry an air of expectation and entitlement over other PL clubs, IMO has led to a tiring

weekly feeling that grinds this forum down....

Maybe it's my fault,my perspective and opinions that bore others, Gameday critic on individuals or team,or opinions over how individual posters

might see a group of games,not to their own considered fair expectations,I really don't mind,fair game one could say...

but anyone who posts must also expect pro and contra to that  witty,mundane,humerous,bad-taste,frustrating,gobsmacking opinion!!

One of the irritating subject is the use of subs,...is not Puel but the 

posters contradicting one another everyweek,then some bright spark believe and have the audacity to chose that is a reason to say

that proves "Any managers". Incompetence he should go!!!!. Not even caring to find out why rotation was/is a need .:crylaugh:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Nope, we really don't. We lost Kante after one season but other than that, we have kept hold of pretty much all of our players that we have wanted to keep hold of.

Outside of the top 4 clubs in England, no club is safe from losing their best players. You could argue that we have been very stubborn when it comes to selling our top players. We kept Mahrez 18 months to 2 years longer than expected. We held onto Vardy when Arsenal came calling and if you believe the rumours in the summer, we refused any negotiation with Man United for Maguire.

To compare us to Southampton, is wide of the mark. They historically have had a good academy, in which they have gone on to sell their players for profit. The only comparison you could make is that both teams have re-invested poorly at times.

While we held most of our player, what happen next is different. Our player aren't perform as they did, and Kante was a big loss. Moreover when we tried to put slimani and musa in Okazaki position. Draining lot of energy for our  already outnumbered midfielder. It's took us 6 months to realise and sign another player like ndidi. We have short brief of good run during shakey early term but then quickly decline after few match gone. 

While top 4 could lose their best player, but most likely they will earn so much money as their player won't like forcing way out of their club, or they could keep their best while losing better player just to replace them after. What happened to arsenal for some season after their winning title is odd ones. 

We have bigger issues than just the manager. While most of the title win player were still here they aren't the same beast anymore. Most of them are either aging or struggling to adapt to other way while most team are found out how to exploit our title win tactics. 

Both Southampton and Arsenal were underestimate their problem, and simplify it as just manager issues which worry me sir

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Some posters/media  didn't take to ,MON,Pearson,even away from city..Bobby Robson,Ferguson !!!! 

The media turn around in circles to create stories over the gud..bad and the ugly..even when the targets,prove like life,..it takes all sorts!

The modern fan loves to believe they are the better pundits,so prefer to go jumping on the negatives when uselessly trying to create issues,on obvious

I put it down to simple male jealousy...and pathetic machoism..Then like all failed wanna-be's, make a career,/needed image boosters looking for pathetic

immature Nuances to create non-issues.Then hide behind gems like  "fans pay their money"black

Claude Puel/Claudio Ranieri/Klopp. etc etc, ex-players, totally different sorts,just like the  30k+ fans who go to watch their teams...

Ranieri for all his wise-cracking,riding someone else's horse,but also cleverly adjusting the reins,got us the title..

Puel..quiet unassuming ,speaks English,better than his critics,any impediments,usually from the side of those critic!!!

This guy took on a failing mixed-all-sorts of a squad,dwindling,aging careers,Youngsters still needing to show they might realise their potential

Finances already blown on high-transfer potential players,who turned out to be duds for our needs.Ruined for us and Puel a future potential midfield!!

and a povering strike force...Within a year...defence sorted, a stabilising of a mediocre midfield,nursing with our Mr Leicester a troubled/injured forward

Group of 2....

Players brought in Maddison,/Ghezzal/Pereira/Soyuncu/Benkovic/Ward /Diabate more beneficial to our cause,than the 18month grab routine before him!!!

exception Maguire!!!

Despite all the crap written,about,over,under,around him..honest,true,downright lies,positives even real finds of the negative.....

Thank God he's our manager,and not those proposed by the same honest fans,but failing pundits...He actually took it on and is doing it..!!

Hey !!!!  He's slowly reaching the parts that others couldnt,hes turning some doubters slowly around...

Some now knowing and realising,conspiracy theories and utterings of player discontent and other made up tribulations,are/have gone too far!!

Puel is the reality,the slow turn around is reality,the expected and assumed ups and downs(obvious to the straight talkers) reality,

The growing pains,of the journey, replaying through turgid, bad,average,poor,top ,surprising performancies,reality!!!!

Ranging between 11-7th,in this badly need redevelopement and rebuilding era,is the reality.and

Puel Tenure,is moving forward,successes within a frail but strong squad is a reality...

Anybody want to argue!! That Puel hasn't rekindled whether it's for a short period,or 1-2 seasons or longer??

Morgan..Simpson,Mendy,and grabbed out Evans from the pool of doubt,plus used another oldie, wisely in Fuchs.

but no !! Some Yokels will single out avg performing players,   (all squad members have had more below expectation displays),and give it the

Again am I a Puelist..No!!  But 7th in the PL, performances individually and as a team,have slowly  improved...We "also rans",with decent funds,but

stuck in the mire because of poor,or just bad-luck failed past recruitment,Potentially good players doing well but just  not consistent enough as of yet!!!!

I just say...Give a big thankyou and Support to Claude Puel...There will be stuttering periods....

Strange how sport media,even the smaller journalist go more after and crawl  onto assumed  the negatives,than instead realise they are witnessing

a good story where a coach is slowly settling into his job,and taking that pigs ear and trying to make the proverbial silk purse..

I don't need these short-sighted journalists,or small minded fans crusades,to report on the negatives...while I see growth,positive movement,

over the last 14 months,again the defence stability alone was worth it,even when it wobbled,We had fit players to bring it back on course!!I

Mind you I suppose we will always have the group -huddled-meetings,where it's questioned ,"okay but What did the Romans ever do for us"

Success within changes,will not spring along in leaps and bounds....rebuilding at this level,we have never done before,we aren't to be compared

with the programmes of Manutd/Man.city/Chelsea/L'pool/Arsenal or Spurs. even Evertons infrastructure should be better placed...and that lack of

foresight and understanding,from within our fan-base who carry an air of expectation and entitlement over other PL clubs, IMO has led to a tiring

Maybe it's my fault,my perspective and opinions that bore others, Gameday critic on individuals or team,or opinions over how individual posters

might see a group of games,not to their own considered fair expectations,I really don't mind,fair game one could say...

but anyone who posts must also expect pro and contra to that  witty,mundane,humerous,bad-taste,frustrating,gobsmacking opinion!!

posters contradicting one another everyweek,then some bright spark believe and have the audacity to chose that is a reason to say

that proves "Any managers". Incompetence he should go!!!!. Not even caring to find out why rotation was/is a need .:crylaugh:

Spoken again has Yoda.

• Haha 1

we really have to ask ourselves ; what do we desire more than anything else for Leicester City?

Surely it’s for us to be a successful club? it’s for us to win games and finish as high as possible up the league... to me is is not a deal breaker if that is done with a defensive game. i’m not fond of it but it’s not a deal breaker. 

what is a deal breaker for me is for us to play badly, boring football and lose. it’s just a horrible combination that gets a lot of people’s goat.

And that right there is Puel’s problem. he has put all his eggs in one basket and is adamant about the defensive aspect to his game no matter what the formation is.

i was firmly in the Puel out group a few weeks ago when it looked like there was danger of us being dragged into the lower echelons of the league.. to slip lower down the league whilst playing so badly was just unbearable. we Struggled at times under Pearson but we played some great football and were desperately unlucky in some games and i can deal with that

But who in their right mind would want to get of a manager if we keep on winning? that should give us the confidence to be a little more expressive- that’s my hope anyway.

But there are so many fans who tolerate turgid football when we win. and yes, when those results turn against us and we still play defensive and really boring football, that’s when all the calls will come.

• Like 1

Group of 2....

exception Maguire!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

Group of 2....

exception Maguire!!!

Reading this post is like watching LCFC under Puel.

Hard work, often confusing, yet pulls me back in just before I think 'no more'

You are the 7th best poster in the toughest forum in the world. That won't be enough for some, but for me you're doing just fine?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

• I still want him out
  • Get him out Top
  • Get him out Top
  • Out
  • Get him put
  • Top get him out now
  • Get him out
  • Puel out now

At least one of them didn't ask him out lol

https://statsbomb.com/2018/07/leicester-city-2018-19-season-preview/

Reading our stats bomb season preview and I forgot how poor we were defensively, this season we've pressed a lot better which has helped - according to understat with got the 5th best xG against which shows how much we've improved in that regard.

834525150_Screenshot2019-01-05at02_21_43.thumb.png.8f3f079ea7edbf2f7e21c0aa9f7ac28f.png

The downside is that we have the 13th best attack 

426463750_Screenshot2019-01-05at02_23_42.thumb.png.247563a2c97dd02ae99051573245d5f5.png

I think the crux of the matter is probably central midfield, we're stodgy but not creative enough - I don't think its solely a personnel issue but a more progressive DM and a better scorer and creator out wide see us comfortably 7th I think. The issue is that they're difficult to find, Barnes might be the answer for that one.

Never heard of this guy but just looked at some stats and he's coming up well

1475476220_Screenshot2019-01-05at02_38_42.thumb.png.2d67161bc589c58cf92f21f9c6d7e386.png

2.8 tackles and 1.5 interceptions per games as well but again I have absolutely no idea about thus guy

Obligatory shit music, apologies. Looks tidy though 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1