Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Motivation wasn't the issue finishing was, no matter what you think of their desire we missed an absolutely ridiculous amount of chances.

We did. We also stood there watching a lot. Everyone just walking around as Newport played it and ran it in the build up to their penalty. I'd happily sell the entire starting lineup for a tin of beans after that

A dark day in the Purl era. No excuses.

I think the reason Puel splits fans’ opinion is because he is, on average, a mediocre manager. Not completely bad and not consistently good. Some great results, some woeful results. Some inspired tactical moves, some unfathomable decisions - all averaging out to plain old mediocre.

I think he has done enough and earned enough points this season to guarantee our survival. Therefore he should be given until the end of this season - let’s see if he can build consistently and review it in May - ideally with a plan B lined up to prevent us slipping back during a prolonged transition period if we do need a change.

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

He picks these appalling teams he makes the bizarre tactics the nonsensical substitutions. Why should he not be called out. 

Any team he put out today should have been capable of beating Newport today. The amount of chances we didn’t finish is a ****ing disgrace. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Crap... but anyone not living in another ****ing dimension knows you don't sack a manager when sat 7th on the back of a result in a knockout cup competition. In a game where we should have scored about 10 goals, even with the atrocious squad filler he's been handed.

If we're signing the likes of Ghezzal I've not got much hope for the squad renewal.

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

The penalty. ... that just gave newport what they deserved.  We should have scored 10... we were awful for 90 mins.... is puel responsible for that?

Puel was responsible for what was a 1-1 draw up until Albrighton literally gave them a goal. 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

The penalty. ... that just gave newport what they deserved.  We should have scored 10... we were awful for 90 mins.... is puel responsible for that?

You can't change the team every week and expect the players to build up any kind of chemistry. James and King not played for a year, Okazaki and Fuchs about 45 mins all season. That's on Puel.

• Like 1

Alan shearer just topped it, Puel rested players in the quarter final of the caraboa cup, now in a cup we could actually have a good run in and is the most important domestic tournament he  plays a load of chinless wonders who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

How predictable.

Leicester win - "Well done Puel, tactical masterclass"

Leicester lose - "Players fault"

How you can exclude Puel of any criticism is beyond me.

Of course there is an element of responsibility. Just as there is for players who handle the ball or miss 27 sitters. 

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

So when we f up its the players....?  Who is responible?

Think it through We had 5-7 almost point blank opportunities, and we shanked them. Puel's team selection and tactics put this team in position to win 4-3, 5-2, but the players were arrogant and indifferent and poor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

How predictable.

Leicester win - "Well done Puel, tactical masterclass"

Leicester lose - "Players fault"

How you can exclude Puel of any criticism is beyond me.

What are you on about?

Those players were good enough to win that game. If you think they're not then you're admitting the squad is poor

You have to use the squad in games like this

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

You can't change the team every week and expect the players to build up any kind of chemistry. James and King not played for a year, Okazaki and Fuchs about 45 mins all season. That's on Puel.

You can't play the same team non stop all season either. 

• Like 1

The players should have still won that but it's bordering blind apologism to say it's entirely on them. How many people pre match thought hey they could do us here cos of that line up. It's the complete wrong mentality. Matty James can barely ****ing run, Okazaki has had a good 15 minutes in the last year, hasn't scored for 33 games playing behind a player that hasn't scored for 15 games, bringing on King who hasn't played for us in a year when you desperately need a goal. Maybe the players lacked desire but the management hardly led from the front in that respect.

Went into it with the wrong mentality and got exactly what we deserved, thinking we could play a bunch of players that have barely played with each other and who are out of form or not in our plans. Everyone involved should be embarrassed and carry the can for it, not just the players, not just the managers. **** off with your automatic must defend Puel.

I've accepted he should get the season, that the results are plenty enough for him to keep his job despite the football so I don't see reason to hound him. But beat Chelsea=superb tactics from Puel, lose to Newport=all on the players that.  

• Like 3

It just hurts doesn’t it?

Newport fought for everything and we didn’t. 

Not many players coming out of that with credit but to my mind, Iheanacho should never play for us again . Our ponderous build up play is all because there was zilch intelligent movement or desire from him. 

I’m not blaming Puel for that one. That was about five or six players not being up for it. 

Football can be a shite game sometimes.. 

• Like 1