Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 minutes ago, Shaun the fox 1 said:

He don't want to buy new players 

Does he not? Do you know him then?

How do people still not understand that announcing you want to spend money results in every other club basically doing this to you:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Does he not? Do you know him then?

How do people still not understand that announcing you want to spend money results in every other club basically doing this to you:

Don't fit the narrative. 

Boring French man wants to ruin the club. That's the narrative. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Anyone fancy closing this thread and starting a new sub-forum instead?

Check out my new forum www.puel-out.org

A forum is a place to discuss things and I would never wish to shut down discussion but we already have a number of open threads regarding Puel's performance and this one was originally set up as a means of discussing "reports" that he was "facing the sack".  Now those "reports" even seemed flimsy at the time but since then we have played well and I have not seen any more firm reports (with silly little things like quotations or actual evidence) that he is still "facing the sack" so I would suggest that maybe the MODS consider closing this thread as it seems to have run its course for now.  Of course if any actual reasonable, well researched and constructed news stories come out about him actually facing the sack I am happy to see it opened again.  People can still discuss Puel all they want on the other 17 "Puel: Is he any good 'n' that" threads that are open but I feel this one is currently meaningless.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Thanks 1

So divided over Puel. I don't find him inspiring, but at the same time we play more football under Puel than in quite sometime, I can see that he is trying to makes us more adaptable. The loss to Cardiff wasn't good, but the team is getting younger and when you start bringing through younger players you do get some inconsistency. That said he is bringing youth through. Hamza is starting to look like he belongs.

Never thought I'd say this and I good have got shot over the summer, but unless we can replace him with a seriously big name who is capable of bringing seriously big players and we are prepared to back them to do this, then I'd stick with Puel and his policy of bringing youth through.

23 minutes ago, Shaun the fox 1 said:

He don't want to buy new players 

Puel isn't in charge of recruitment and look at our last 3-4 January transfers windows, we seldom do much business except the odd player. We've been in a few relegation battles and trying to win a title during that time as well and yet we still dont do much in January as it's a horrible window to recruit in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel isn't in charge of recruitment and look at our last 3-4 January transfers windows, we seldom do much business except the odd player. We've been in a few relegation battles and trying to win a title during that time as well and yet we still dont do much in January as it's a horrible window to recruit in.

Scenes when we re-sign Molla Wague on loan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

So divided over Puel. I don't find him inspiring, but at the same time we play more football under Puel than in quite sometime, I can see that he is trying to makes us more adaptable. The loss to Cardiff wasn't good, but the team is getting younger and when you start bringing through younger players you do get some inconsistency. That said he is bringing youth through. Hamza is starting to look like he belongs.

Never thought I'd say this and I good have got shot over the summer, but unless we can replace him with a seriously big name who is capable of bringing seriously big players and we are prepared to back them to do this, then I'd stick with Puel and his policy of bringing youth through.

That would be the opinion of most sensible people on here.  But the Club have already decided to take the longer approach. There's not many who would even take the job as most want to try for immediate success.

In Puel we have a Manager who enjoys developing young players, who is also moving us forward at the same time.

41 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think the only reason this thread is still open is so that @Babylon can get to the magic 20,000 reps :D

39 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's earned them, frankly. It's a shoo-in now he has the royal endorsement of @Col city fan  :)

What does this mean?  without being rude? I honesty don’t understand?

Whatever you think of puel and I'm a puel in fan he's got us into a better position than the previous manager would of - Shakespeare. He has also given youth a chance which cs would not of done. I'll admit there are times he is too defensive but he's got us upto 7th after losing our most creative player (mahrez) and imo not replacing him. He's also made the back 4 more solid with changing the old guard and made us competitive going foward. All of which he's done in just over a year. I'm not gonna say he gets everything right but overall there's more postitives than negatives since he's been here. 

13 hours ago, Shaun the fox 1 said:

I still want him out 

Come on spill the beans. Whose alter ego are you on here?  I think of the last 10 posts you have made so far according to your profile, there isn’t one that doesn’t mention or suggest Puel out or get rid. (No reasoning or suggestions to back up your posts ofc) 

Not being bitchy, just curious to know who your main poster is :D 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Haha 1