Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Playing the likes of Fuchs and Simpson is fine, playing the likes of Okazaki and James is not fine, that's asking to get beaten. There is zero reason why Maddison doesn't start that game today. Recruitment leaving us with Iheanacho and Okazaki as back-up strikers is absolutely woeful. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The penalty. ... that just gave newport what they deserved.  We should have scored 10... we were awful for 90 mins.... is puel responsible for that?

Puel can’t put it in the back of the net for them. We had the players out there to create the chances and win the game but they have to put it in the back of the net themselves. 

Only gripe I have is not having Vardy in the squad at all. 

• Like 1

who is running the first team?

are you seriously telling me that puel decided it was right to replace James with king in that situation ??????

that looked pre arranged and puel didn’t have either the authority or guts to over rule it ..... very worrying ...........

it wasn’t the right change given the circumstances........

Player of month Ricardo an unused sub.

Kept a back 4 even in last ten mins.

Ward didn't go up for corner in final minutes.

No CF on bench.

Said "I've selected a side strong enough to win this game"

Nacho and Ghezzal play like they've never met. Again. 

He has a few points to answer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What are you on about?

Those players were good enough to win that game. If you think they're not then you're admitting the squad is poor

You have to use the squad in games like this

It was good enough, but it still gave a big risk of losing. You look at the players in the starting 11. Most of them low on confidence, haven’t played much this season or together. Where were the goals going to come from with that front 4?

Edited by LCFCtotheprem

Just now, lifted*fox said:

"Oh, hi, is that the magic of the FA Cup speaking? It is? Great! Can you please **** off because we're Leicester and we have the divine right to win every game so yeah, you won't be needing you, thanks."

I’ve heard some excuses before but being beaten by magic is new. Didn’t know we were playing Hogwarts.

This result isn’t Puels alone to bear but a collective responsibility across the board.

14 minutes ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

Que all the puel in and you cant blame puel muppets after this ! Cut the bullsh*t and sack him !

He should have picked a stronger team.  That was a mistake IMO.

We lost to a L2 side, an embarrassment from start to finish but let's put it into context.  We're 7th having beaten Man City, Everton and Chelsea recently.  

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The problem is Puel has no plan B against Cardiff we kept crossing the ball into the box with no joy but just kept doing it today just lump it up the pitch with no joy but just keep doing it no creativity no plan B and that is Puel’s problem

That's when we need the likes of Slimani or Ulloa. We have no height up front. So it's a wasted exercise unless we get something on the off chance.

Just now, Babylon said:

Of course there is an element of responsibility. Just as there is for players who handle the ball or miss 27 sitters. 

That's the point I'm making...

People who blame losses and performances solely on Puel are just as bad the ones who disregard any sort of criticism for him, after losing to a league 2 side.

I really appreciate Babylon using his time discussing this with people who are clearly "simple". I for one cba with them :clap:

I will say this, if you truly believe that Puel should go when we are 7th in the league and building a young squad, then you:

a) Started supporting us after we won the league.

b) Have a completely unrealistic view of what we should achieve.

c) Are fvcking stupid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now want him gone. Fickle maybe but I don’t watch football to hope we get by, I want excitement and mid table with weak cup teams and disappointment doesn’t crack it for me. Would rather be in a relegation battle. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You can't play the same team non stop all season either. 

Shh, too much common sense. Let's instead blame Puel for Albrighton being foolish, Fuchs being arrogant in defense, and our attacking players looking like a Sunday League side when presented with point-blank opportunities to score.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Choosing to use 2 players who haven’t played for a year and the subs he made are the criticism I have of Puel in that match.

The rest is on the players. Absolute shite.

Agree, for me it was too big a risk and he should have gone with Mendy instead. You basically know you are one sub down already starting James.

1 minute ago, vanity said:

Think it through We had 5-7 almost point blank opportunities, and we shanked them. Puel's team selection and tactics put this team in position to win 4-3, 5-2, but the players were arrogant and indifferent and poor.

I was alarmed by the performances...  Yet I think this was a massive miscalculation by puel.  Let's face it his foot ball isn't scintillating at the best of times - once again we produced nothing.... in a game the form book might say we should have scored 6 goals.  we're like a guy who can't find his arse with both hands.Yes the players were poor - who is responsible for sending them out?

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Tell Ranieri and the title winners that 

If Puel has known those players had not aged at all, I am sure he wouldn’t have changed the team.

He will be rightly criticized for the selection and some of the decisions today, but that side should have been capable of winning the game today.

2 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Playing the likes of Fuchs and Simpson is fine, playing the likes of Okazaki and James is not fine, that's asking to get beaten. There is zero reason why Maddison doesn't start that game today. Recruitment leaving us with Iheanacho and Okazaki as back-up strikers is absolutely woeful. 

Maddison was the biggest donkey on the field whilst he was on. 

I hate the man!!!! He’s a ****.

At this stage we have to assume he is a forest or derby spy. What the **** is going on with team selections? 

Nobody can defend the indefensible, yes the players are at fault, but he persists with shit like Ghezzal and Nacho. When they aren’t fit to clean my toilet. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!

get Bernie in, get NFP back! Get megson back, anything but this ****wit

Just now, Babylon said:

The bloke who changed the team in the cups, changed the team over the festive period. Another falacy.

Puel changes it every week, there is a massive difference in making select changes and resting players to playing people who haven't played for a year. We have zero chemistry under Puel and it shows in shambolic performances like this.

Selecting too many rusty/underperforming players in the starting line-up was a massive risk that back-fired on Puel. On top of that he had the opportunity to change the game in the 2nd half with the right subs but didn't bring Ricardo (our most in-form player) on and instead put on another rusty/ineffective player in King. I have absolutely no faith in his tactics or man-management skills.