Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rigga

£100m

33 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We only need three or four players IMO, despite the fact we'll lose a dozen. You don't need to invest much in the backup left back, just the other three positions. 

Kasper / Ward

Ricardo/Amartey     Maguire / Evans     Benkovic / Soyuncu     Chilwell / New Left Back Backup

Mendy / Ndidi        New Starting CM / Hamza

Gray / New Starting Winger           Maddison / Iheancho                                 Albrighton / Barnes

Vardy / New Backup Striker

James, Morgan, Ghezzal for the fringes of the squad as 5th choices. 

How much per week would replacing Morgan & James with DJ and Dewsbury-Hall?   70,000?      Agree with everything else, but I am thinking we will lose Harry.

Are you saying that in the first half of the season our inconsistency got us seventh position,

but because of this inconsistency you don't think we will get seventh?

Suppose their is some logic in your thinking somewhere.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

How about third time lucky, spending a chunk of it on a quality replacement for Mahrez! 

Ffs!! I want a player for himself,not a Mahrez replacement. We move on...different set up,different tactics,different players!!!

or look for D.Gibson,Weller and Worthington replacements.....Pining for bygone players is a lose lose thought!!!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We only need three or four players IMO, despite the fact we'll lose a dozen. You don't need to invest much in the backup left back, just the other three positions. 

Kasper / Ward

Ricardo/Amartey     Maguire / Evans     Benkovic / Soyuncu     Chilwell / New Left Back Backup

Gray / New Starting Winger           Maddison / Iheancho                                 Albrighton / Barnes

That's about it really,unless we can improve position on quality.

I wouldn't cry (maybe sad)  if we found 2 crack strikers,and Vardy plays less games,but still regular decent gametime!

Mendy/Ndidi...need cover just in case we see no stepup in Form!!..

I still hope we can keep Chills and Maguire,or Puel s work on the defence could be wasted....

That said,at the moment I would trust Soyu/Benkovic/Evans to do a job..

Edited by fuchsntf

47 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Ffs!! I want a player for himself,not a Mahrez replacement. We move on...different set up,different tactics,different players!!!

or look for D.Gibson,Weller and Worthington replacements.....Pining for bygone players is a lose lose thought!!!

I wasn’t specifically pining over Mahrez, more spending a chunk of the dough on a decent winger! Someone who can’t beat his man, cross a ball and chip in with a few goals. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Kasper / Ward

You’re asking more of Gray, Iheanacho, James & Ghezzal than they’ve shown this season Babs. I don’t have that much faith in any of them...

Maybe Diabate could offer something next season? Elder seems likely to get the reserve left back role, and loans beckon for Hughes, Knight & Johnson. There’s a case for keeping the best of that trio as 5th choice CB instead of Wes...

But it’s a striker we need, and it’s beginning to be an urgent need

2 hours ago, Rigga said:

Agree with you but Europe is a definite possibility.. I think with Iborra/Silva going depletes us when injuries kick in..

Would like two fresh faces in Jan and make a real push for 7th.i don’t think our current squad gets us 7th with our inconsistency 

Totally agree for all the stick Puel gets some warranted some not there’s one thing that he has been pretty good at is identifying how poor the squad , how unbalanced it is and where we need reinforcements . New right back new number 10 in the summer have been good as an example . If he get in another two playes of that kind of quality I’d be happy . I Just don’t want to see us constantly doing the same thing of buying overpriced crap and expecting different results . 

Edited by baldeagle

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Kasper / Ward

I'd take that, we aren't far of a very good side. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd take that, we aren't far of a very good side. 

2 CMs for me 4 isn’t enough nowadays.. especially if we are to play 3 in there at times. Defo needs to be different to what we already have also.... I’m not having James as a 5th either...

1 hour ago, Tringfox said:

I wasn’t specifically pining over Mahrez, more spending a chunk of the dough on a decent winger! Someone who can’t beat his man, cross a ball and chip in with a few goals. 

Oh !!! Albrighton..:whistle:

3 hours ago, kyleolly said:

No chance we’ll spend £100m in the summer, £30m at most!

We'll most likely sell Maguire for around £60m so £100m wouldn't be too unrealistic. Especially if we can make some money selling Silva and a few others. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You’re asking more of Gray, Iheanacho, James & Ghezzal than they’ve shown this season Babs. I don’t have that much faith in any of them...

Maybe Diabate could offer something next season? Elder seems likely to get the reserve left back role, and loans beckon for Hughes, Knight & Johnson. There’s a case for keeping the best of that trio as 5th choice CB instead of Wes...

But it’s a striker we need, and it’s beginning to be an urgent need

I'm not sure it's asking that much of people to be 5th choice emergency choices. With the 10 position there are plenty of permeations even if you don't fancy Iheanacho. IMO the reality is we're already getting rid of so many players it's asking to get rid of and replace even more. I'm trying to be realistic of what's achievable and not choosing a fantasy squad. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rigga said:

2 CMs for me 4 isn’t enough nowadays.. especially if we are to play 3 in there at times. Defo needs to be different to what we already have also.... I’m not having James as a 5th either...

Hopefully we could have another academy player come though.

29 minutes ago, Rigga said:

If we buy anyone else, they are going to have to be a chap younger talent we're hoping we can develop. I just don't see how two new CM's can fit in there otherwise. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not sure it's asking that much of people to be 5th choice emergency choices. With the 10 position there are plenty of permeations even if you don't fancy Iheanacho. IMO the reality is we're already getting rid of so many players it's asking to get rid of and replace even more. I'm trying to be realistic of what's achievable and not choosing a fantasy squad. 

A good, but lean squad also gives opportunity for academy players to be blooded.

Share the same view as some perhaps will will be needing to address the lack of depth but mainly clearing out. 

I blew my top Sunday just simply because I want more for my club and there were some on that pitch more interested in their ego or their bank balance. 

One thing Vichai was good at was making good decisions at the right times, Top will be no different, sadly I think before there is additions there will be high number in the departure lounge,

Benny

Fuchs (not until the summer tho with Elder at Ipswich)

Simpson

Silva

King

James

Diabate

Ghezzal (not cut out for the prem, sooner see Ricardo on the wing)

Slimani

Shinji - past his best

Iheanacho - cannot for the life of me understand the guy, this move on paper seemed a good fit, but clearly thinks hes better than he is.

The club will more than likely want to phase this lot out between now and the summer, looking to recoup some funds before making big investments. My worry is we lose Maguire and 1 or 2 more and we're up the creek with no paddle

10 hours ago, Rigga said:

We know nowadays that spending big  doesn’t guarantee great players and over the past 2/3 years we have spent approx £100m during the summer.

We will more than likely have a similar budget this time around so do we use it on 2/3 players in key positions or do we spread it around and buy say 6/7 and bulk up what will be a depleted squad if we get rid of the deadwood.

2/3 players and promote the youth Johnson,Barnes etc would be my idea

Brais Mendez ~ €25 million

Phillip Billing ~ £20 million

Le Vardy Backup ~ Any

Promote youth for the rest, we may need two 9s if we get rid of both Okazaki and Iheanacho

11 hours ago, Rigga said:

We could easily be 14th... bar a couple of v good performances I do think our performances have been inconsistent..

much like the block of teams around us..

win a couple we are 7th, lose a couple we plummet.

We could easily be higher. 

Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, West Ham, Burnley, Brighton etc ..... could have easily been draws / wins with a bit more luck. 

It’s how football goes. We’re 7th with over half the season gone. 

Just because we’re not investing, doesn’t mean we’re going to get any worse, or any better. 

The myth that you you need to constantly buy to improve is crazy. If anything, our investment has pushed us backwards. 

I’d love us to clear the decks of the players that we know we don’t want, such as Diabate, James, Silva, King, Okazaki, Benelouane .... realistically, we need to build a squad of players   , however it’s a gradual process as we can’t bin them all off.

The constant Manager turnover we’ve had recently makes it difficult, as they will all have had different ideas on playing styles and this leaves us with different types of player. We need to give Puel time to build a team in his image. If at the end it doesn’t work, at least the next manager will have a team of players that play a similar style.

We’re a work in progress, like many teams that have managers under 3 to 4 years. 

Rome wasnt built in a day and it kinda looked ugly when it was being built at times. It’s no different to Leicester City.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

We'll most likely sell Maguire for around £60m so £100m wouldn't be too unrealistic. Especially if we can make some money selling Silva and a few others. 

We’ll sell Maguire but Puel won’t see any of that money he’ll get £30m at most to keep things ticking over for next season!

13 hours ago, reynard said:

It was the "loads of" part I'm not sure about. Depends who they would be.

If Sunday revealed anything it is that we have a very shallow squad in terms of ability. I wouldn't like to enter next season with Iheanacho and Vardy as the strike force and only Maddison as a creative midfielder. Diabate and Ghezzal don't look too clever either.

Depending on who leaves in the summer and how many can step up from youth team we could easily need 7 or 8 new players in the summer.

Most every squad in the mid-table is shallow in some places - that's part of what makes them mid-table. Without Gueye, Mina and Keane, Everton suddenly are vulnerable to every attack in the PL. Rice, Anderson and Balbuena gone deeply hurt West Ham too. Neves, Coady and Moutinho for Wolves, etc.

Of course we have to try and rectify it, but it isn't a big problem because our competitors are the same.

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Most every squad in the mid-table is shallow in some places - that's part of what makes them mid-table. Without Gueye, Mina and Keane, Everton suddenly are vulnerable to every attack in the PL. Rice, Anderson and Balbuena gone deeply hurt West Ham too. Neves, Coady and Moutinho for Wolves, etc.

Of course we have to try and rectify it, but it isn't a big problem because our competitors are the same.

It isn't a big problem as long as our competitors suffer the same number of injuries at the same time.

Currently we have 1 striker at the club. Look at the last few matches. Vardy scored the winner v Chelsea, made one of the goals v Man City, scored the winner V Everton. When he didn't play well v Cardiff we lost and when he wasn't even in the squad v Newport we lost. Just how many Premier League clubs are in a position where they basically have one reliable striker?

I'd say we're a Vardy injury away from really struggling.

Our squad is very unbalanced in terms of back up of a decent level, especially in the forward and more creative areas.

13 hours ago, Rigga said:

We could easily be 14th... bar a couple of v good performances I do think our performances have been inconsistent..

much like the block of teams around us..

win a couple we are 7th, lose a couple we plummet.

Livepool could easily be 3rd... bar a couple of good performances. That argument doesn't bear up.