Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Okazaki

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Even on Sunday Okazaki shown he has great movement and gets in some great positions. Shame his finishing is woeful.

Where did you read that? It's not that good.

Hope we get some money for him, he's defffo made himself a legend here.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

The chances he missed vs Newport were hard to watch. 

Just now, The People's Hero said:

But he’s a momentum player. He needs consecutive games. 

Still not sure he’s the answer for us under Puel 

Shall we all just leave you to it.

• Haha 2

If anyone offers anything for him we should let him go.

Love him but he now makes our team worse by being here. We may as well be giving other players a chance to sit on the bench.

Can't believe we've said no to a sale.

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

If anyone offers anything for him we should let him go.

Love him but he now makes our team worse by being here. We may as well be giving other players a chance to sit on the bench.

Can't believe we've said no to a sale.

Exactly. It would make no sense at all not to sell. It seems like we need to cut our wage bill to bring in new players anyway. Okazaki will always be a legend but time moves on and it's no good for him or us that he just sits on the bench and leaves at the end of the season on a free if someone wants to buy him. 

• Like 1

If shinji goes we left with just vardy and nacho, so 2 total strikers when we used to have 5, and one of them incapable of playing well, so I expect if we sell shinji we would buy a striker at least to replace him.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Someone actually offered us real money for Okazaki and we turned it down??!!?!??

Love Shinji but he is totally finished as a footballer at this level.

Also, did Okazaki ever sign an improved contract like everybody else did post-2016? Or is he still on his 2015 contract he signed? The likes of Ulloa whinged cos he wanted more money but Shinji is probably on that petty money he was signed on, probably earns less than Benalouane which is an utter scandal. 

Legend but it's time go go.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

I'm surprised they are bidding for Shinji, since they need goals to stay up, and sadly he won't get them loads of them, thought there was interest from Turkey too tbh, 

I suspect he'll go tbh and its a sign we need to get in another forward this window too tbh, 

Will miss that cheeky smile of his mind when he goes 

I'm not sure you want to look at it from a goalscoring perspective in his case.

Could well be that Huddersfield have realized that he may be an asset going forward in the sense that he can create spaces for others, allowing others to get into goalscoring positions.

Despite his really bad spell with us recently, I wouldn't write him off completely yet. Still has something to offer up front.

EDIT: The financial aspect comes into play, as well. Should we have a decent offer on the table, it'd be foolish to turn it down. If not, Shinji would be available on a free this summer.

Edited by MC Prussian

Suirely us rejecting a bid is us just playing the game to squeeze as much out of Huddersfield as possible?

17 games left this season and we're virtually safe. Also his contract is up in six months which won't be renewed and his absence will minimally effect us. I'd be very surprised for us to refuse cash offers for a player with no future here and of limited use. 

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Suirely us rejecting a bid is us just playing the game to squeeze as much out of Huddersfield as possible?

17 games left this season and we're virtually safe. Also his contract is up in six months which won't be renewed and his absence will minimally effect us. I'd be very surprised for us to refuse cash offers for a player with no future here and of limited use. 

Agree with all this but I just am not sure the club would force him out or sell him if the move wasn’t for him. He’s part of the title winning side and if this Thai family have made him assurances that he can leave on a free and get a golden handshake in the summer at a club of his choosing then they’ll honour that I would think. It’s not all about the money with our owners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Agree with all this but I just am not sure the club would force him out or sell him if the move wasn’t for him. He’s part of the title winning side and if this Thai family have made him assurances that he can leave on a free and get a golden handshake in the summer at a club of his choosing then they’ll honour that I would think. It’s not all about the money with our owners.

Think you hit the nail on the head. Amazing in this day and age of nail guns. No hammers ? . Let the man bow out not forced out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

They probably offered us less than a million, which although is a million more than what we'll get come the summer + his wages, but if we haven't got the striker we feel we want to add to the squad then they'll stick with Okazaki for 6 months.

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Someone actually offered us real money for Okazaki and we turned it down??!!?!??

Love Shinji but he is totally finished as a footballer at this level.

Also, did Okazaki ever sign an improved contract like everybody else did post-2016? Or is he still on his 2015 contract he signed? The likes of Ulloa whinged cos he wanted more money but Shinji is probably on that petty money he was signed on, probably earns less than Benalouane which is an utter scandal. 

Legend but it's time go go.

My god you are right, Shinji on 35k and Benaloune on 40k, Shinji signed his contract at the start of 15/16 season (when bought) and is still on that now, got a free BMW i8 though so swings and roundabouts lol

On 10/01/2019 at 18:13, The People's Hero said:

But he’s a momentum player. He needs consecutive games. 

Still not sure he’s the answer for us under Puel 

Exactly. Another reason Puel got the team so wrong. Shinji is all about being at peak condition to be effective. 

1 hour ago, Mehrez said:

My god you are right, Shinji on 35k and Benaloune on 40k, Shinji signed his contract at the start of 15/16 season (when bought) and is still on that now, got a free BMW i8 though so swings and roundabouts lol

He still turns up to training in it lol honestly what a man.