Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Okazaki

I'm surprised they are bidding for Shinji, since they need goals to stay up, and sadly he won't get them loads of them, thought there was interest from Turkey too tbh, 

I suspect he'll go tbh and its a sign we need to get in another forward this window too tbh, 

Will miss that cheeky smile of his mind when he goes 

Someone offered actual money and not monopoly money... and we're not snapped their hands off?

To be fair to Shinji, he probably just wants to return home, can't see him signing up to any long term contracts. edit: Just read he wants to stay in Europe, so maybe a possibility.

Edited by Babylon

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

In his entire time playing for us I can only think of a handful of times he's played 'up front'.

Shinji has never been about the goals, and the job he has done (despite a poor last season) has been excellent, and has had a great deal to do with our success.

Yes, but sadly times have changed. I dont see where he fits at all, other than on as a very late sub.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Yes, but sadly times have changed. I dont see where he fits at all, other than on as a very late sub.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't move on, I'm just pointing out that he's not a forward, and never really has been utilised as such.

If a team does come in for him, then I wish him all the very best, as the miles he has put on the clock and freekicks and break-up play has been sublime for LCFC.

it's obvious that Huddersfield have tried to lowball us. If they are serious they'll be back again, but I'd like to hope that Shinji will find another club and give just the same level of professionalism, joy, and endeavour that he's produced with us.

• Like 1

Been a fantastic servant, but as with others, it is time to move on to pastures new.   I sincerely wish him well whatever he decides.

Thank you, Shinji.

• Like 1

This is a tricky one... It doesn't sound like the right move for him at this stage of his career to go to a struggling club and have pressure to be scoring goals for survival in a team that just can't score. Obviously I don't know him, but I would have thought he would want to go to a league where he can have a bit of fun, be able to be more competitive, and get the enjoyment back of scoring before he properly retires. So business hat on - seems mad to turn it down, but on a personal level, nah... We should let him see out his contract and give him a proper send off. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You have no idea how much I want him to move to Vissel Kobe to play in an attack of David Villa, Andres Iniesta and Lukas Podolski. 

As a Kobe resident I wholeheartedly endorse this.

What I want is for Shinji to finish the season at Leicester, get a huge ovation entering his last game as a sub (or being subbed off if he starts) and heading back home to finish his career here.  Eff selling him to a side that's about to relegated.