Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Okazaki

22 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Agree with all this but I just am not sure the club would force him out or sell him if the move wasn’t for him. He’s part of the title winning side and if this Thai family have made him assurances that he can leave on a free and get a golden handshake in the summer at a club of his choosing then they’ll honour that I would think. It’s not all about the money with our owners.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2019/01/13/soccer/shinji-okazaki-unsure-future-leicester/#.XDuKHRanyaM

“It’s up to Leicester. Right now, I don’t know whether they need me or not. Of course, (playing for) a team that wants me would be ideal,” Okazaki said, after being left out of the squad for Leicester’s 2-1 loss to visiting Southampton on Saturday.

The 32-year-old, who joined Leicester from Germany’s Mainz in 2015, has not played the full 90 minutes in a single Premier League game this season.

“I can’t feel satisfied as a player. After three-and-a-half years, maybe it’s time to move on. I have no intention of quarreling with the team, but I will make my feelings known,” he said.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2019/01/13/soccer/shinji-okazaki-unsure-future-leicester/#.XDuKHRanyaM

“It’s up to Leicester. Right now, I don’t know whether they need me or not. Of course, (playing for) a team that wants me would be ideal,” Okazaki said, after being left out of the squad for Leicester’s 2-1 loss to visiting Southampton on Saturday.

The 32-year-old, who joined Leicester from Germany’s Mainz in 2015, has not played the full 90 minutes in a single Premier League game this season.

“I can’t feel satisfied as a player. After three-and-a-half years, maybe it’s time to move on. I have no intention of quarreling with the team, but I will make my feelings known,” he said.

Move him on then.

17 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Think even when we won the title he never did. Subbed at 60-70 minutes.

• Like 1

Shinji Okazaki wants to leave Leicester City over lack of game time

Shinji Okazaki wants to leave Leicester City in the hope of getting more first-team opportunities, Sky Sports News understands.

The club, however, are reluctant to let him leave in January because they feel they do not have enough cover in the striker position.

Sky Sports News understands a number of Premier League clubs are interested in signing the 32-year-old

The Japan international was left out of Leicester's matchday squad for Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Southampton - the first time that has happened for 14 matches.

Okazaki told Japanese media after the game: "I can't feel satisfied as a player. After three-and-a-half years, maybe it's time to move on.

"I have no intention of quarrelling with the team, but I will make my feelings known."

Foxes manager Claude Puel is concerned that Okazaki is his only senior striker providing adequate cover for Jamie Vardy as Kelechi Iheanacho has not scored a goal for Leicester since September.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11607284/shinji-okazaki-wants-to-leave-leicester-city-over-lack-of-game-time

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Letting him go wouldn't result in anyone coming in though and although he hasn't scored for over a year it would be moronic to leave ourselves only 2 strikers.

I'd fancy anyone from the u16s-u23s to be at least as effective as Okazaki, so if he wants to leave and play footie I wouldn't stop him.

Shame there's not a few more of not needed players that feel like that.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I'd fancy anyone from the u16s-u23s to be at least as effective as Okazaki, so if he wants to leave and play footie I wouldn't stop him.

Shame there's not a few more of not needed players that feel like that.

Haven't you seen Ryan Loft? The only other available forward is Tyrese Shade who has looked handy but not sure he's even League One ready, let alone filling in in the PL.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haven't you seen Ryan Loft? The only other available forward is Tyrese Shade who has looked handy but not sure he's even League One ready, let alone filling in in the PL.

Haha fortunately not, but I've read the reviews. I imagine he'd contribute the same goal threat as Shinji would.

If we got desperate and somehow had Vardy and Nacho out, we'd probably try Gray or Barnes up top anyway. I'd even be tempted to have Maguire up top over Okazaki.

I don't think I'll ever be able to forget that miss against Newport, it's up there with Kanu's.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Letting him go wouldn't result in anyone coming in though and although he hasn't scored for over a year it would be moronic to leave ourselves only 2 strikers.

It would be moronic. Claude's stubborness re transfers this window is becoming as big a problem as our impotent attack in the 4231.

Our pressing needs feel obvious. People will disagree about priorities and ordering, but I see our most pressing need as a center forward with both competence and confort in the formation, someone we can use as an alternative to Vardy for times like the 2H vs. Southampton. Vardy is not 100% healthy, and he is unlikely to get 100% healthy this season as our only striker worth a damn. We should not be trusting the season to any one player's health, it is irresponsible and foolish. 

This CF needs height as well as the physicality and skill to win duels with CBs. He needs strong hold up play, he must know how to come back for the ball and how to play from the top of the box, how to play in our attacking players, how to use his movement to create opportunities and who can make runs of his own. When I rewatch matches I am struck by how infrequently Vardy is able to get involved by coming back to the ball. He has done it some games better than others, but it is clearly uncomfortable, he is not good at it, which means we are effectively playing a man short with him isolated up top.

If Claude is so goddamn stubborn as to continue this season without buying a player who fits his style up front,  I bloody well give up, and I'm as Puel-in as it gets. And while you're at it, go spring for a DM experienced in the system who knows how to quickly initiate the attack.

(While I'm wishing for shlt I won't get, our outlet players can do a better job of making themselves available and open, I have rewatches matches looking specifically for this, and they tend to wait until the ball is retrieved. Anticipating success by moving to create an open target costs nothing but effort, and if the next level is making themselves open as soon as Mendy or Hamza or Ndidi look up, perhaps we can start triggering some fuching breaks and actually leverage Jamie's speed.)

• Like 1

The weakest argument,ito keep him is that we don't have enough strikers....

Even with Shinji and Nacho,WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STRIKERS!!!

Shinji will always be in my mind,a title legend...I could never think bad of him...

But let him go now,if he finds a team....!! No probs.!

Barnes,Nacho,Vardy...Ghezzal,Gray....Maguire doing an Elliot/Walsh....or Ffs bring in a striker from the academy..

Or if he finds a club, a simple swap....Who would probably earn less than Shinji...

It's hard to have to say it....but we don't need him..!!!

• 2 weeks later...