Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Okazaki

1 hour ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Will never forget his overhead kick away at Newcastle when we won the league.

Celebrating wildly in a Vegas Bar at lunch time. The stuff dreams are made of.

His overhead kick was in the home game,

his goal away at Newcastle he completely missed his header then it bounced up,

hit his head and went in

Edited by Russell sprout

I actually think he might do quite well playing off one of their two massive target men. 

Of course composure/finishing is always an issue.... but here he gets one chance in his Cameos and usually misses it.... there he might well get 4 or 5 and i'd back him to convert a few of them.

As many have said a proper legend! 

I do worry a little bit, as with Iborra leaving now rather than in the summer, about the unsettling nature losing these players favourites could have on the dressing room.... hopefully they'll be well replaced but it's often underestimated the effect positive personalities being around training can help.... of course I know that's not the reason to keep someone, but the player reaction on Social Media to Iborra leaving surprised me. 

Hard to believe we would get a useful amount for Shinji Okazaki in the last months of his contract.

There’s psychological unease in the changing room as the axe continues to swing among the veterans.  By all reports, managing that is not part of Puel’s game.  Shinji is a major positive influence (how many training pictures of him smiling and laughing with others on lcfc.com?).  If he’s a comfy “old shoe” and a buddy in a time of upheaval, I’d say keep him.  Don't underrate "mood support" among a workforce in a time of change.  It can make a major difference in results.

Unless he really, really wants to go to Udders.  Which is hard to believe.

Plus, what a lift for the supporters to give him a cameo and proper sendoff against Chelsea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Hard to believe we would get a useful amount for Shinji Okazaki in the last months of his contract.

There’s psychological unease in the changing room as the axe continues to swing among the veterans.  By all reports, managing that is not part of Puel’s game.  Shinji is a major positive influence (how many training pictures of him smiling and laughing with others on lcfc.com?).  If he’s a comfy “old shoe” and a buddy in a time of upheaval, I’d say keep him.  Don't underrate "mood support" among a workforce in a time of change.  It can make a major difference in results.

Unless he really, really wants to go to Udders.  Which is hard to believe.

Plus, what a lift for the supporters to give him a cameo and proper sendoff against Chelsea.

I just dont think thats a strong enough argument to keep him

If we have ambitious players who want to succeed and an ambitious club that wants to succeed then keeping a striker around who isnt really any good to us on the pitch except that everyone loves him isnt a good move

The old guards' comfort is not an issue of consequence for us moving forward

Having said that, love Shinji and still happy to see him get on the pitch

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

As a Kobe resident I wholeheartedly endorse this.

What I want is for Shinji to finish the season at Leicester, get a huge ovation entering his last game as a sub (or being subbed off if he starts) and heading back home to finish his career here.  Eff selling him to a side that's about to relegated.

Our fans could not even wait around to say good bye and Thank You to Huth last year. So don't hold your breath on that unless he does get a game. 

More chance the whole squad getting booed than a round of applause. 

• Haha 1

Love this guy, he’s given us everything and was probably the most underrated and undervalued player in our title winning season.

Its probably time now though. In an ideal world it should be up to him to choose wether he goes now somewhere he wants and gets a new lucrative contract or if he gets to leave on a free and get a golden handshake somewhere.

35 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If we have ambitious players who want to succeed and an ambitious club that wants to succeed then keeping a striker around who isnt really any good to us on the pitch except that everyone loves him isnt a good move

The old guards' comfort is not an issue of consequence for us moving forward

This is certainly true.  However, I am only referring to the remainder of this season.  We have a manager who is doing the nuts and bolts of a tough job (slash and burn, but also grow) well IMO.  But he's not built to manage the the psychological state of the squad as it adjusts to necessary changes.  With less to play for, that psychological state becomes a bigger factor in our results from here to May.  My point is that Shinji may very well be worth a few points whether he scores goals or not.

On the other side of the equation, is a few bob.  If some club offered 5M, that would change the arithmetic.  But that won't happen.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Claudio dreams of Shinji in-behind big Mit 

I could see that happening. Mitrovic is a proven finisher, and having a super hard working player who does facillitate goals with his work rate and makes a team more stubborn to beat could be ideal for Fulham.

Shinji's biggest weakness has always been that he doesn't score enough goals for a forward. I'd argue that the rest of his all round play is very good indeed, even if he falls over way too often. During the 15/16 season his play was often overlooked but IMO he was integral to the way we played because he helped us move up the pitch during attacking spells when we didn't counter attack.

6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he goes we definitely need more players

We do, but probably don't need them right now. We only have league games, so we have 17 games left this season, and probably need 9 points (if that) to avoid relegation. 

Clearly we are trimming the squad again for further investment in the summer. More young players to go into positions that are being vacated now, so another left back for Fuchs, another 10 / support striker for Okazaki, another central midfielder, etc.

Looking at players like Maddison and Ricardo makes me think this is a good thing. We should naturally start signing more players with better technical skill, and in theory the football we play should improve as a result.

This is a transition season, and disapointing cup result and Vhicahi tragedy aside, it's going to plan I'd say.

4 hours ago, sm1 said:

Absolute legend. Came here after a very good goal scoring season in Germany and was also Japan's main goalscorer. We used him differently and he changed his game for the benefit of the team. You don't get many more selfless team players that sacrifice their game for the benefit of their team. Good luck Shinji, whatever happens you'll never be forgotten.

At least you didn't forget...:appl:

A legend ,like all of that squad in that season,if one of the cogs,one of the dogs of war .. wouldn't of been here.....No TITLE!!!  so simples!

> No doubt some proffessor Dozo,on this forum wants to contradict it <