Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

“Nothing to play for now”

I think a lot of it comes from the fact we were doing really well last year until we dropped out of both cups and all of a sudden the performance just completely fell off from the players.

It's like all of a sudden they decided we weren't getting relegated and we couldn't get top four so nobody give a toss. They all just went on holiday months early.

I imagine it's just a bit of anxiety about it happening again. 

• Like 2

We have pride to play for and a place in Europe. Since being crowned champions some of our ‘fans’ have become spoilt and entitled. Go and follow Man City, or another ‘big 4’ club to guarantee more silverware. Cup shocks, like last Sunday do happen, get over it. 

• Like 2

I agree, and I certainly think we will continue to have a good season (maybe not a 7th place finish, but it's entirely plausible at this point), primarily because our defence has improved so much from last season. Last season near the end we did awful because both our defence and attack were rank. This season, our defence is an excellent rock to build from and fall back on and should ensure that even if our attack goes through another dry spell, we should keep picking up some points. 

We also have a good oppurtunity to integrate the likes of Barnes and Soyuncu even more into the first team. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’ve this quite a lot since Sunday, and a fair bit in the media, now that we’re out of both cups. 

And I’d just like to say that that is complete bollocks!

There is everything to play for!

We are secretly having an excellent season. 

We’re 7th in the Premier League.

With the FIFTH best defence!

AND the 3rd most clean sheets!

And now we’ve got no distractions from either cup.

With one of the youngest squads in the league.

And a manager with a reputation for developing youth.

So let’s cut out the persistent negativity.

We have a very, very bright future.

Let’s get behind Claude and the lads for the remainder of this season. 

Let’s help consolidate our position and push for the Europa League.

For Vichai.

Cheers. 

Thanks a lot for this. 

I was thinking of kicking this off myself. 

I really don't understand this attitude that we can't do nothing more so we're going to bottle the season. 

Who said we can't challenge the top 6? Like Spuds are that good. 

We were the Champions of England.

We can take on the best.

Push for Europe, it'll be a great end to a tough season full of heartbreak.

For Vichai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

As I said in another thread at approximately £3m per place in the prem we have plenty of reason. Also we have a chance of Europe. 

Or we could give up and go play in the championship. 

Prize money means absolutely nothing to us and the thought of celebrating an extra £3m in the club's bank account leaves me cold.

I'll be very happy if we qualify for Europe but only if we make a proper go of it. 

It's more likely that it'll be seen as a distraction and we'll be out before the transfer window closes. 

• Like 1

There is the opportunity to strive to be not just 7th placed "best of the rest" and qualify for Europe but to also start an era where this is achieved again and again.

Achieving it whilst in Europe can be hard due to the early start to the season and extra games but this season to win our mini league with Wolves, Everton, Bournemouth and Watford will be a tough but realistic start. This should then help when it comes to retaining and recruiting players as will the extra millions in prize money.

We currently have the 7th spot and can make progress this weekend as Everton play Bournemouth meaning one or both drop points however I feel Wolves have often looked better than us and will be very tough rivals for the European place. 

In Europe with stadium expansion, new training ground, more prize money than our nearest rivals, Chilwell and Maguire sticking around all sounds like a strong position to go into the summer with.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think I big reason that we coughed and spluttered over the line last season was because we were in the first stages of trying to change the system with a squad largely unsuited to that. This season, we've improved a lot in certain areas - most notably at fullback imo - so I don't expect us to struggle as much.

Europe is a bigger possibility too, as we are just over halfway and are leading the 'best of the rest' pack by a couple points rather than playing catch up to Burnley. That'll be a nice incentive for the players regardless of the cups. 

• Thanks 1

I think if we qualify we will take Europe seriously none of the players will want to sit out so the rest of the squad can get a game most might not get a chance again so I think if we can get there we will give it a good go even if it meant finishing a bit lower in the league next season. The owners what Europe so also don’t think they will be happy to not take it serious either. Win tomorrow and spurs beat Utd it’s down to 4 points for 6th place and even now Jose has gone they won’t go the rest of the season unbeaten so there will be a chance or 2 go close the gap. Looking forward to the game tomorrow 3 points and a vardy hat trick incoming ?

23 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Prize money means absolutely nothing to us and the thought of celebrating an extra £3m in the club's bank account leaves me cold.

Probably the same thoughts Peter Taylor had as he spent us into administration. 

38 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I'll be very happy if we qualify for Europe but only if we make a proper go of it. 

It's more likely that it'll be seen as a distraction and we'll be out before the transfer window closes. 

Oh Pur-lease. When have Leicester Never Made A Proper Go At Anything?

Definitely not the FA Cup, Right? 

Seriously - look at the other teams 'at our level' 

Would you trade Leicester's situation (squad, prospects) for any of the following squads:

Palace

Everton

West Ham

Southhampton 

Wolveslona

Watford

Bournemouth

Newcastle

I know I wouldn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Thanks a lot for this. 

I was thinking of kicking this off myself. 

I really don't understand this attitude that we can't do nothing more so we're going to bottle the season. 

Who said we can't challenge the top 6? Like Spuds are that good. 

We were the Champions of England.

We can take on the best.

Push for Europe, it'll be a great end to a tough season full of heartbreak.

For Vichai.

I dislike Spurs as much as anyone but that is just blinkered bs.

They are an excellent side.

• Like 3