Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Claude Puel calls for a Leicester City reality check

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Different conversation I know and I'm taking the conversation elsewhere. But he really fails to convince me, no matter how much he spends on his defence they are bloody awful. Conceded 19 goals more than us in the last 10 games... that's as good as two goals a game more! :o

I work with a Bournemouth fan and their defence is absolutely ravaged with injuries. Having to play players out of position and there’s signed an utter dud in Rico as well. 

I hope we are not another Southampton and are Spurs in terms of developing young talents and keeping them at the club..

I really like the idea of bringing young players from lower league and make them a proper premier league player.

That is also entertaining thing to see.

With all the clubs having more funds with TV money, even top clubs seem to struggle to buy good players now(not top top players though).

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I work with a Bournemouth fan and their defence is absolutely ravaged with injuries. Having to play players out of position and there’s signed an utter dud in Rico as well. 

Fair enough if that's the case, but this season just seems to be following exactly the same scenario all their others have. Great run of form, then a diabolical run of form and large numbers of goals getting conceded. Worries me that it's quite a trend there.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They missed Frazer as well when he was out. I think he's a great manager but his next appointment will be England but deserves a top 6 club but probably won't get the offer.... I'd be happy if we broke the bank to try and get him at some juncture.

This is all good if we get results. I don’t like the football as many don’t but if we win then that shuts us up. 

If the second half of the season is as bad as last season however then whether he has a long term plan or not I think he’ll be gone. It’s a results business ultimately. 

Edited by lcfceaves

This is the problem with puel, his league position’s are good and cannot be criticised, but it’s how he gets there that puts people of him.

It has been very painful and boring to watch us at times, since puel has come in, but he has been working with some poor technical players, who are struggling to adapt their game.

The transition period from counter attacking football, with low possession, to a more technical, possession based system, with players not suited is frustrating, but he’s clearly got a brief to get rid before he can buy, well he says balance the squad, and is going to take time.

Where I’m torn with him, and he has stated in previous interviews, it’s about the results, wether that’s a 1-0, he is conservative, and I really don’t know how good, pleasurable to watch he could make us in time, and with a squad of players he wants.

So I guess with puel it’s a question of, do you want to be a regular mid table side, or do you want entertainment.

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I do wonder about funds. The King Power business is not inexhaustible, and the economic slowdown in Asia and uncertainty about their business concessions must have worried Vichai. Puel was part of his plan to consolidate by controlling salary costs to help fund the new training ground and stadium expansion. It is all part of a lonng term plan. 

The death of Vichai may well have had commercial cost to King Power as well as immense personal cost. Top may well be a bit financially overextended, until the business is sorted. 

Money was found for Ricardo and Maddison, as well as the Centrebacks, but we do have too many costly players who are not good enough for the first team, and probably unsettling the team atmosphere. 

Bringing forward young talent will mean mistakes and patchy performances. That is how we learn, but establishing Leicester as a place for talented twentysomethings rather than fading thirtysomethings is the way to go. 

Lets stick to the project, back the team and Puel. 

Some people get wrapped up with the owners being worth £5 Billion and think they just have it sitting in the bank, a large part of that will be tied up in assets.

For example Forbes list LCFC as being worth £500 million, which is 10% of the owners wealth for a start. 

Are net spend is around the 9-10th in the league over the last 5 years, so it not surprising we are, were we are.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We cannot and will not keep all of our best players, it's an impossibility.

I feel the difference with us and Southampton (so far) is our players develop into good players before they are sold, Southampton sell good prospects... so at least benefit a bit more in the short term...

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Well said. I can't help but feel he could have said these sort of things a bit earlier to get the fans listening. However well done for giving us his opinion. 

Anyone with half a brain understood and knew what he and the club are trying to do. It was clear as day and it's a shame that he has to explain it. Even now that he came out, the same moaners are trying to dismiss it with the "lack of ambition, we won't get hold on our players" rubbish. 

• Like 1

We can see what he is trying to do, build a young vibrant side while also trying to gradually change our style of play to one of which is more possession based. these things take time and you also need to buy or bring through the right type of players who will play the way you want at the same time as keeping your top players like Vardy happy. every side has to evolve and so do we.

we can keep some of the elements that got us our title win but the side has to be much more adaptable in games. he is clearly working for the long term but must also show improvement in the side over the short and mid term. the progression of the playing side is important but they need to be coupled with results too because the one without the other wiil undoubtedly lead to failure.

Just now, lcfceaves said:

I feel the difference with us and Southampton (so far) is our players develop into good players before they are sold, Southampton sell good prospects... so at least benefit a bit more in the short term...

They'll always go, what's important is getting the right replacements. Plus, letting them go at the right times because if you let too many go too quickly you will end up like them. Now and then you have to turn around and say no, which we seem prepared to do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

“Ah, the image! I saw in the past a lot of images with different managers,” he sighed.

“They had a fantastic image, but now their teams play in the Championship.

:appl:

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

He was sacked after one season despite finishing eighth in the table and taking the Saints to a cup final, but Puel was unpopular with sections of the supporters who didn’t like the football they witnessed.

“Yes, perhaps (it’s the same), because before they finished sixth and the believed after sixth it would be fifth, fourth and so on,” said Puel.

Spot on CP

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They'll always go, what's important is getting the right replacements. Plus, letting them go at the right times because if you let too many go too quickly you will end up like them. Now and then you have to turn around and say no, which we seem prepared to do.

That part of it is one that's a bit of an unknown without Vichai now I think. He was always happy to fight to keep players but we'll see if that stays the same.