Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

NDIDI

Always Hamza over Ndidi and Mendy. He is more mobile and uses the ball better.

Mendy is out of his depth, getting stretched when not in possession and creates nothing when in possession.

Ndidi is terrible in possession of the ball seems incapable of picking a pass of any merit. Looked like a headless chicken today. 

What was the point on playing two non-creative midfielders if they can't even cover the opposition's counter attack. 

It was exactly the same vs Southampton and Mendy got pulled at halftime. 

Why is he in the side the next week while Hamza gets splinters on the bench again.

Team selection is absolutely nuts. 

Edited by hamptonfox
Spelling

2 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

Team selection is absolutely nuts. 

I think got it right with the front four

Hamza was never going to start in a two given Puel hasn’t tried him in that formation even at home, who knows if he can do better than Mendy or Ndidi in a two? I’m not sure myself, but I know we need a different option to Mendy.

The right side of defence was the main issue, surely it’s time to move on from Morgan and Simpson now

• Like 2

I blame the midfield shape for the performances of both Ndidi and Mendy. When we defend they're so far back to create anything and when we attack they are far too far away from the defence meaning one pass can cut them out the game, shown by the third goal. 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Hamza was never going to start in a two given Puel hasn’t tried him in that formation even at home, who knows if he can do better than Mendy or Ndidi in a two? I’m not sure myself,but I know we need a different option to Mendy.

The right side of defence was the main issue, surely it’s time to move on from Morgan and Simpson now

Agreed Simpson-Morgan was an appalling display. Any opposition watching us can easily see how to get around them, or Ndidi-Mendy, or behind Chillwell when he bombs on. 

We could get picked to pieces in the next three games against the top 6.

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

If not then Puel Out even though he deserves a bit more time.

Ndidi provides nothing midfield. It is like he doesn’t exist.

Defensively, which is supposed to be his strong point, is almost non existent as well. I am pretty sure Maddison can do a better job even in that category.

Mendy is playing poorly as well.

Puel should be more adventurous and try Maddison and Hamza.  Maddison to try to create something from deep midfield while Hamza plays more of a sweeper midfield role.

They can’t be worst than Ndidi and Mendy.

Thoughts? How do we send this message to Puel?

Pen an open letter! ?

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed and so why was he dropped? Bizarre decision. 

I wouldn't say bizarre but he's earnt the chance to start in there with the others playing like they are. 

What I would say is that if had played in the middle today we'd have had Chilwell, Gray, Ndidi, Hamza, Barnes all 21/22. If we'd put in Maddison as well and had Ricardo at the back it would have been the youngest starting 11 in the league this season. 

I know we all want the young lads to play and get time, but it's a big risk having 5 or 6 players all under 22. Especially when all pretty much in the midfield / forward areas. 

3 hours ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Wilf and Choudhury should start and Mendy should be benched. Wilf is in a poor run, but still has enormous potential. Easy to forget how young he is and what he’s already achieved is pretty impressive. Keep the faith as I hope he will be a very influential player for us for a long OMD.

:appl:

3 hours ago, Mark said:

Hamza was never going to start in a two given Puel hasn’t tried him in that formation even at home, who knows if he can do better than Mendy or Ndidi in a two? I’m not sure myself, but I know we need a different option to Mendy.

We need a CM even more than a striker. Most of our woes come from this.

• Like 1

i don't get how people talk so much sh8t about Mendy and let Ndidi go, he can't even string a pass together. We had 2 champions league standard midfielders and chose to use these planks of wood. Our only GOOD option is Choudhary. But we don't need anyone, right Puel?????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Yes it was. Maybe he gave Mendy one last chance to redeem himself which worked a treat. I'd be surprised to not see Hamza starting the next game.

I hope think he will play. I will be genuinely bewildered if not..

I have a feeling that is only because we are going to see him revert to the Choudary-Mendy-N'didi system though :dry:

This is what happens when a player is picked week in, week out despite the performances.  Complacency kicks in.

He looks lost to me at the minute.  A bit of decent man management and I'm sure he'll be back to his best.  There is a decent player in there somewhere.

This Puel and youth development is a myth.  Brings in the youth, but doesn't bring it on.  Ndidi and Gray have gone backwards under him.  Maguire, although not as young, gone backwards.  Maddison looking increasingly suspect.  Chilwell's the only one for me that still looks ok with whatever system Puel is trying to adapt to.  Established players (Iborra/Silva) not given a chance.  

Poor man management.

• Like 4