Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

NDIDI

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Funny how that suddenly made Wilf better on the ball as well. Probably felt a massive weight lifted off his shoulders.

Noticed this. Found it strange.

Maybe Mendy was forever fondling his balls, and without Mendy there he was able to play unmolested.:dunno:

22 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Mendy was supposed to be starting... Imo he should be 4th choice now... Behind Tielemans, Wilf and Hamza 

Agreed. I think Mendy flattered to deceive in the early games and has become more and more of an encumbrance. Much more productive to give Hamza game time to speed his development.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2019 at 18:07, CyprusFox said:

And me. We were a better side today without him. 

Well no, we were a better side with Tielemans, because he's the type of player we've been missing. We'd look that good for me with either Mendy or Ndidi alongside him, both are solid defensive midfielders but lack the passing range to do what Tielemans did, which is what the difference was.

• Like 1

As good as Wilf was yesterday (and he was very good) I think Mendy deserves a shot alongside Tielemans as well.  Either one of them would be much improved by that partnership.

Also, while again giving credit for a fine performance, N'didi not staying home enough is a valid concern going forward.  A 4-3-3 with Tielemans and Maddison in MF is a very aggressive formation.  Especially when you consider that Ricardo and Chilwell will always be players who act as sort of half-wingers, if Wilf does the walkabout thing in the opposing penalty area too much that does leave you potentially very exposed at the back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Regressed under Puel but I think he'll prosper in this high pressing team. It helps having that wizard Tielemans by him to do all the creating but it's actually allowed Ndidi to settle down and his passing has markedly improved recently too.

• Like 1

We always look worse without him. Granted, he's no Kante, but his importance can't be undermined. Puts himself about and is actually a very intelligent footballer. Tielemans is the ball player (a better version of Drinkwater, if you will) which allows him to play his game. 

Him and Mendy are too similar to play together. But we're certainly better WITH him in the side. 

• Thanks 1

He was majestic today. 

Win the ball, pass it short and simple, let the others be creative. 

Simple. 

Trying to have him run with the ball, dribble or shoot, was not playing to his strenghts. 

Echoing what others have said, probably the best he's been for over a year. I think the 433 we play with Ndidi sitting and TIelemans and Maddison working in a tandem ahead of him is our best system at the moment. It means Ndidi just has to keep it simple and excels at doing what he does best - being a destroyer. Meanwhile the team pushes further up field and players are much closer to Vardy. Even some of his passes were good today. Hopefully he can do it more often because when he played alongside Drinkwater, Ndidi put in these type of performances much more often.

• Like 1