Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

NDIDI

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's so much better in a team that genuinely presses it's unreal.

Don't want to turn everything into a dig at him but Rodgers is playing to our strengths so much better than Puel is already.

It’s no coincidence and perfectly fair to say it. Wilf, Maddison And Vardy in particular looked very different players on Saturday.

Good! We want them to...! If Puel was fookin things up then getting rid was the right thing to do. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KingsX said:

Another of Ndidi’s underrated statistical contributions ... turning the traditional Shot Location Diagram:

VardyShots.JPG.a5f63c693434c621c1b141d81632c249.JPG

into the Wilf-o-Gram:

WilfShots.JPG.c56865cce464dd111aec8069e2b3fc7e.JPG

The Seahawks are watching him. 

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think Mendy is going to be better at what is currently Wilf's role than many think. Of course, while Wilf is pulling up trees (as he is) Mendy isn't going to start regularly, but I think Mendy's form was affected almost as much as Wilf's, towards the end of CP's reign. Imho, they had played almost every game, and were running out of steam over Xmas.

I think they are both more than good enough as DMCs, although they go about things very differently. For me, keeping Mendy here to stop Wilf from having to play every game, is crucial.

I agree but wouldn't say its crucial. We have Hamzah for DMC as well, I'd be just as happy with him as the cover option

• Like 3

On 12/03/2019 at 21:03, nwl fox said:

I agree but wouldn't say its crucial. We have Hamzah for DMC as well, I'd be just as happy with him as the cover option

Perhaps crucial is OTT, but unless Hamza gets a lot of footy between now and the end of the season (and continues to look good), he would be a bit of a gamble.

It would be consistent with an all out push for youth tho.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Perhaps crucial is OTT, but unless Hamza gets a lot of footy between now and the end of the season (and continues to look good), he would be a bit of a gamble.

It would be consistent with an all out push for youth tho.

The good news is he has been called up for the U23's England squad so hopefully that will give him some confidence and game time. 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:40, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think Mendy is going to be better at what is currently Wilf's role than many think. Of course, while Wilf is pulling up trees (as he is) Mendy isn't going to start regularly, but I think Mendy's form was affected almost as much as Wilf's, towards the end of CP's reign. Imho, they had played almost every game, and were running out of steam over Xmas.

I think they are both more than good enough as DMCs, although they go about things very differently. For me, keeping Mendy here to stop Wilf from having to play every game, is crucial.

Mendy's physical size is an issue. we need wilf 's height, especially re defending set pieces. you could choose games where you might be happy for mendy to play i/o wilf but they would be few and far between 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Mendy's physical size is an issue. we need wilf 's height, especially re defending set pieces. you could choose games where you might be happy for mendy to play i/o wilf but they would be few and far between 

Wilf is doing really well now and is in possesion of the shirt, so I can't see Mendy starting right now either.

For sure we are not as strong and tall as many other sides, so not having Wilf's height is a negative, although I wouldn't write off Mendy purely because of his size.

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Brilliant how he's turned his season around.

As one of his biggest critics in the past, I have to agree. His tackling is much more important now. He commits less fouls. He still cannot shoot or control the ball well, but Rogers is having more support around him especially with Tielemans so that Ndidi can get rid of the ball more effectively. What really frustrated me before was how Puel was not using him properly and having a system that exposed his weaknesses significantly and dragging the rest of the team down. (See previous posts)

As StriderHirya said, what is important is the few seconds after a dispossession and we (including Ndidi) are playing that much better now - still can be improved and can cut out some indecisions and backpasses that some players have shown (eg. Chilwell and even Maddison at times).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1