Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Liverpool (a) Pre Match Thread

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

For all the stick Puel gets with his team selections a lot of the 'i'd like to see teams' are virtually identical player wise, just goes to show we don't have the large pot of players some believe we have.

And the ones that arent very similar are ridiculously bad

For all that Puel gets called arrogant the arrogance of his critics to think they could do better despite the fact they cant see further than the end of their own schnozz is far worse

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

I know that Leicester are going to lose and the lads are going to adopt the same clumsy, head in hands style of play that has been the norm for the last few games. I know this, but...

...there’s always that little bit of me that hopes that all the moments of class they have showed this season come together, and maybe this is the game, this is the moment, where we realise that Puel had a half decent plan all along, and the lads just needed some time to gel, and it all just comes together. I’ll be hoping this, like I do before every game.

So I know it will be 3-1 to Liverpool, and somehow we will have missed a penalty along the way.

But I hope it will be 4-2 Leicester, and UP THE FOXES!

I often see the term 'plan' used with reference to Puel.

I watch, read and listen and i'm clueless to what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Soyuncu Maquire Chilwell

Choudhury Silva Ndidi

Maddison Gray Barnes 

Vardy and Mendy in for Gray and Silva and I think that's our best lineup. Possibly Ward against his old club instead of Schmeichel but I don't think that matters much really.

Would be good to see Barnes and Maddison both on the pitch together with Vardy against a team that doesnt have 10 men permanently behind the ball.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Vardy and Mendy in for Gray and Silva and I think that's our best lineup. Possibly Ward against his old club instead of Schmeichel but I don't think that matters much really.

Would be good to see Barnes and Maddison both on the pitch together with Vardy against a team that doesnt have 10 men permanently behind the ball.  

I would suggest Evans would be in our best possible starting XI

• Like 3

Just now, TJB-fox said:

I would suggest Evans would be in our best possible starting XI

Potentially, yes.

I think we're fortunate at CB in that all of our options are at a similar level. Morgan reads the game well and when on form is a brick wall, Evans has the experience and is clearly a very intelligent defender, Maguire is slightly above that level, and Soyuncu looks like a similar, pacier version of Maguire but not quite as refined, yet.

I'd generally be pretty happy listing 'CB#1' and 'CB#2' in any predicted lineups and picking two names at random.

For the Liverpool game, for me it boils down to whether you think we need an experienced head to cope with the pressure we'll be under (Evans), more pace to deal with Liverpool's threat (Soyuncu), or the leadership of our club captain (Morgan).

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Potentially, yes.

I think we're fortunate at CB in that all of our options are at a similar level. Morgan reads the game well and when on form is a brick wall, Evans has the experience and is clearly a very intelligent defender, Maguire is slightly above that level, and Soyuncu looks like a similar, pacier version of Maguire but not quite as refined, yet.

I'd generally be pretty happy listing 'CB#1' and 'CB#2' in any predicted lineups and picking two names at random.

For the Liverpool game, for me it boils down to whether you think we need an experienced head to cope with the pressure we'll be under (Evans), more pace to deal with Liverpool's threat (Soyuncu), or the leadership of our club captain (Morgan).

In fairness to the centre halves this year they’ve all looked fairly sturdy, bar a few Morgan mistakes, a stupidly high line at Wolves and Soyuncu at Fulham. I’d probably be keen to put Evans and Maguire in, surely Morgan can’t start again for us any time soon...!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I often see the term 'plan' used with reference to Puel.

I watch, read and listen and i'm clueless to what it is.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that 'youth' is something to do with it, and 'more possesion' seems a likely element. Of course, you could call that the club's plan, as much as CP's.

Beyond that, I have no clear idea either. :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Pirate-I said:

After 15min LC haven't conceded.  Puel, in an unfamilier moment of excitement, gets red-carded for running on to the pitch to hug Mendy.

Followed by shouts of “Get a room” :)

20 hours ago, Xen said:

In a strange way we're victims of our progress with possession football. Teams have worked out that they will likely get carved open if they play an open game against us.

Which is why they pack their defence to Frustrate us which is working so far.

But the possession game is also the reason we're getting closer to the big teams.

With another window and the right additions we can continue to close the gap.

• Thanks 1

On 24/01/2019 at 11:29, Danny Clender said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Soyuncu Maquire Chilwell

Choudhury Silva Ndidi

Maddison Gray Barnes 

Silva can't even see let alone track runners, God only knows what he'd do with the likes of Salah and Mane etc ? he wouldn't  be able to catch up to swap shirts at full time! Apparently though Vardy is quite a big game player and the one player likely to pose a viable threat to Klopps attacking side you favour a trio of inexperienced lads none of whom are known full on strikers?

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I wish I had your optimism. It would be great to win and add to the scalps of Man City & Chelsea. Keep the faith!!

It isn't optimism.

I dunno what it is. 

Well I for one is hoping that the team Puell puts out against the scousers actually turn up awake from kick off otherwise it’ll be a bloody embarassing whitewash !!

Schmeical 

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell 

Choudhury Ndidi 

Gray                                     Barnes

Maddison    

Vardy 

Hoping for a return to winning ways  and a scalp of the scousers along the way !!