Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Liverpool (a) Pre Match Thread

I think we will revert to a 4-3-3 that worked well against Chelsea and Manchester City. In those games we played with the same lineup. Clearly this is team built to counter attack and resist pressure.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Pereira Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Choudhury Mendy Ndidi

Albrighton Vardy Maddison

So we will probably play the following team:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Pereira Morgan Evans Chilwell

Choudhury Mendy Ndidi

On 24/01/2019 at 12:42, Danny Clender said:

It's a sensible suggestion, I'm just bored of Strikers and the team failing Vardy or vice versa, whichever way it's seen. 

I think we should start the pre-season now, let's start trying some progressive selections. 

We started with Gray up front on his own in the home game earlier in the season and it was appalling, as soon as Iheanacho came on we gave them a proper go and nearly nicked a point.

Hopefully Puel has noticed that Liverpool are rapid up front and selects a CB pairing  and system to deal with this.  Playing a high line against Liverpool and this could be His Waterloo.  Will be interesting.

We going to have to work our Bs off to stay in this, and everyone from Schmiechel to Vardy will have to play at 8/10 or better to have any hope. The only possible way though is to attack them quick on the break like Palace did; that means Gray. Madders and Albrighton with Vardy up front. I’d play Hamza alongside Ndidi and drop Mendy for this. Evans and Morgan at CB and Chilwell and Ricardo with pace needed to track their runners. Easy really

2 hours ago, Spicer said:

I think we will revert to a 4-3-3 that worked well against Chelsea and Manchester City. In those games we played with the same lineup. Clearly this is team built to counter attack and resist pressure.

Schmeichel

Choudhury Mendy Ndidi

Schmeichel

Choudhury Mendy Ndidi

Ricardo & Pereira? We've managed to clone him already? And he still only counts as one? Cool. :D 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spicer said:

Schmeichel

Choudhury Mendy Ndidi

Schmeichel

Choudhury Mendy Ndidi

If Puel continues to pick Morgan and Maguire,even his biggest sympathisers can’t defend him,we’ve seen for 12 months it’s a rubbish and our worst CB partnership. 

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We started with Gray up front on his own in the home game earlier in the season and it was appalling, as soon as Iheanacho came on we gave them a proper go and nearly nicked a point.

Sure, fair caution, but I reckon with a shift in positional thinking and play and with Maddison and Barnes effectively not leaving Gray alone as a Striker, there's potential to come good. Puel / Gray would make the tweaks to open up more space in front of him, rather than space he took as the number 10, behind the striker position, he played last week.  

Could even work better for Ian as you suggest. 

11 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Silva can't even see let alone track runners, God only knows what he'd do with the likes of Salah and Mane etc ? he would be able to catch up to swap shirts at full time! Apparently though Vardy is quite a big game player and the one player likely to pose a viable threat to Klopps attacking side you favour a trio of inexperienced lads none of whom are known full on strikers?

You're absolutely right, and Vardy's experience against Liverpool should have him first on the sheet. 

I'm just throwing in some alternative thinking along with the rest of you on here, I'm not breaking any new ground here, :unsure:

Just planning ahead for when Vardy starts to make more and more substitute appearances. 

Most of my reasoning is having Barnes now in the team, I know we all have such ridiculous expectations of him, but I think he's the missing link for many players, especially Gray, in the team.

I chose Silva purely as a back or sack him notion, if we're keeping him then he has to play, surely right?

4 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

If Puel continues to pick Morgan and Maguire,even his biggest sympathisers can’t defend him,we’ve seen for 12 months it’s a rubbish and our worst CB partnership. 

Those two against Liverpool would be a serious mistake.  Puel will not go with this, unless that is, he wants to be binned off earlier than in the Summer as some people believe.

15 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I fear a right old tonking in this one

i am just (sort of) pleased my dad won’t remember this year to gloat as he has vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s mix.  The old buzzard is originally from Phlegm speaking land you see  :(

Good to see you have your Dad's best interests at heart Bob ??

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

Puel out after this dreadful performance against Liverpool. Oh ... wait ... when's the game?

Has the new Puel ‘out’ Poll started yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I fear a right old tonking in this one

i am just (sort of) pleased my dad won’t remember this year to gloat as he has vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s mix.  The old buzzard is originally from Phlegm speaking land you see  :(

That’s glum. Sorry to hear that about your father - maybe take some small comfort in knowing that you could even turn the tables and make up a Vardy worldie winner without much fear of reprisal! 

• Like 1

Hoping to snatch a draw somehow , cant bear to see that grinning , fist pumping Klopp.

For some reason ( don't know why ) but I think it will be harder for us because its a night game.

Maybe complacency might creep into them ,  but after the palace scare I doubt it. They are playing very well at the moment , unlike Chelsea and man city who were both slightly off form.

Maybe we've got another unexpected result or two in us this season . . . Who knows ? 

In good times and the bad , 

We always back the lads

4 hours ago, the fox said:

A win here isn't impossible. Only problem is we don't start most games as good as we should. 0-0 at halftime will keep the team at a great position to get the win in the second half.

I like your optimism buddy

more realistic is we will be 3-0 down in the first half an hour