Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Pearson sacked

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaa you really think Sheff Wednesday fans care about some kid who is proving to be not good enough for the 2nd division of Belgian football?

I know a few and it you couldn't overstate how much it bothered the supporters. Largely made worse by being orchestrated by two ex-players, one being a club legend. Imagine if we had Steve Walsh's son on the books and him and Muzzy did the same! Pearson would not be at all welcome there now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mancunianfox said:

I know a few and it you couldn't overstate how much it bothered the supporters. Largely made worse by being orchestrated by two ex-players, one being a club legend. Imagine if we had Steve Walsh's son on the books and him and Muzzy did the same! Pearson would not be at all welcome there now.

The problem on here is people think they know as much about other clubs as they do ours. Having lived among them and having good friends still I understand the feelings. Pearson and Hirst =Dennis Wise to a huge amount of owls. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The problem on here is people think they know as much about other clubs as they do ours. Having lived among them and having good friends still I understand the feelings. Pearson and Hirst =Dennis Wise to a huge amount of owls. 

The Owlstalk thread ran to a couple hundred pages IIRC.  Feelings of betrayal, more directed at the Hirsts and their owners than at Pearson.  But that bed is surely fouled.

p.s. hindsight may be dissipating that anger  https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/02/04/sheffield-wednesday-fans-react-after-nigel-pearson-is-sacked-as/

Edited by KingsX

On 06/02/2019 at 13:29, Babylon said:

Presumably Shakespeare and Walsh getting sacked from Everton (and Leicester for Shakepeare) proves that it was Pearson who built the team that won the league.

No.  Pearson, Shakespeare, Walsh and Ranieri sacked proves that it was Rudkin that built the team that won the league.

....Obviously.  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Wonder where he'll end up next. Wouldn't think it'll be a huge club, at this moment in time. Someone like Preston or Reading I reckon. 

Wouldn't think it'll be a huge club?????????

More likely to be League Two at best.

He's now failed with a Championship side and a Belgian 2nd tier side, why would a team like Reading or Preston take the risk?

Only chance he has is if he can get Shakey and Walsh back on board and as Shakey and walsh both failed recently I still doubt anyone is likely to touch them.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Wouldn't think it'll be a huge club?????????

More likely to be League Two at best.

He's now failed with a Championship side and a Belgian 2nd tier side, why would a team like Reading or Preston take the risk?

Only chance he has is if he can get Shakey and Walsh back on board and as Shakey and walsh both failed recently I still doubt anyone is likely to touch them.

What? He has failed in his past two jobs but also has two promotions, two play-offs and Premier League survival on his record. He'd be in League One at worst.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xen said:

If I remember right a lot of hatred was directed at their own club for freezing out the player for a year when he wouldn't sign the initialy contract.

All Pearson/Hirst Sr did was set up a transfer that worked for the player who from what I remember was a free agent. The fact that Wednesday ended up missing out on compensation because he moved to Europe is entirely their own fault.

I read the mile long thread on their forum when the transfer was made public. The anger was also very much directed at the Hirsts, more so than at their own club, from how i remember it. Not so much Pearson though.

Edited by Lizhang

People keep talking about Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh getting back together but I imagine Shakespeare probably wants another crack at being the gaffer again. He’s probably more likely to get a job higher up the food chain than Pearson aswell after Pearson’s last few jobs