Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Pearson sacked

17 hours ago, Sionnach gorm said:

It is difficult to criticize a man that has been a part of Leicester’s success.  It is perfectly understandable why so many here love the man.  So without taking away credit from him and his triumphs, I have a difficult time saying that he’s not the man for a league such as the prem.  I believe Pearson should look for a Director of Football position and not a managerial one.  He’s no nonsense and doesn’t take shite from primadonnas. He has other qualities that are made for this position, such as man-management and a keen eye on talent.  

I disagree. He comes across as a bit of a football purist to me, if that's the right term. He seems to love the game itself but I don't think he's a fan of what the game has become - soundbites, overinflated fees, agents, celebrity status etc etc. As a director of football he'd have to deal with all of that and then some.

I think those same skills you mention are perfect for an Academy director, however. I have no idea what their current setup is like, but Middlesboro would be a great fit for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, step said:

Pearson sacked proves that it was sheakspeare and Walsh that built the team that won the league 

Proves nothing of the sort. What it might indicate is that they were a strong team together or that sometimes it’s a ‘perfect storm’, everything coming together in a fantastic way. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ipswich should get that band back together next year when they've gone down. Most similar job to us the first time around he'll find.

They're skint though aren't they? Not sure they could afford all three

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ipswich should get that band back together next year when they've gone down. Most similar job to us the first time around he'll find.

Still surprised he's not pitched up at Sheffield Wednesday. An ex hero there and owned by friends of Top and Vichai.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Still surprised he's not pitched up at Sheffield Wednesday. An ex hero there and owned by friends of Top and Vichai.

It'll be Wednesday or Middlesboro, for sure.

Both clubs love him.

6 hours ago, surrifox said:

Hurst has been drawing some flak but I thought he was a real prospect and Sheff Wed fans were gutted and salty when he left . 

Perhaps he should rebuild his career in our U23s 

His name is Hirst, but i agree that Hurst would be more fitting his performances. Watching this bloke for 10 minutes and your eyes will BLEED. I think i can turn a truck around, blindfolded, quicker than Hirst can turn around, AND i'd need less space to do it. I'm also fairly certain, that i can crawl backward faster than he can run, even if i give him a headstart. But ofcourse, you think i'm overreacting, and after all, it all comes down to being a threat in the box. Unfortunately, there, i'm pretty sure, that if we were to put a sack of potatoes in the enemy box, let's say at 3 yards from the goal, that the sack of potatoes would score more goals per season purely by deflections. Hirst has scored 2 in +/- 20 games so far.

Apparently, there was never any compensation paid for transfering Hirst to Leuven. This is what i read on the Sheffield Wednesday forum. I have been trying to register on their forum, to ask when they will finally be paying us for our compensation. But they won't let me register for some reason.

15 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

His name is Hirst, but i agree that Hurst would be more fitting his performances. Watching this bloke for 10 minutes and your eyes will BLEED. I think i can turn a truck around, blindfolded, quicker than Hirst can turn around, AND i'd need less space to do it. I'm also fairly certain, that i can crawl backward faster than he can run, even if i give him a headstart. But ofcourse, you think i'm overreacting, and after all, it all comes down to being a threat in the box. Unfortunately, there, i'm pretty sure, that if we were to put a sack of potatoes in the enemy box, let's say at 3 yards from the goal, that the sack of potatoes would score more goals per season purely by deflections. Hirst has scored 2 in +/- 20 games so far.

Apparently, there was never any compensation paid for transfering Hirst to Leuven. This is what i read on the Sheffield Wednesday forum. I have been trying to register on their forum, to ask when they will finally be paying us for our compensation. But they won't let me register for some reason.

Harsh . They wanted him to stay .

On 05/02/2019 at 16:30, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think most fans respect what he did but they wouldn't want him back here now. He had his time and did a job well.

Personally, I think he was instrumental to setting us up, promote us from League 1 then take us up from the Championship (along with his management and recruitment team). However, he was a little out of depth in that Prem season and we were heading for relegation. Luckily things turned out as it did. People moan about Puel being stubborn, but Pearson was Mr Stubborn himself. It was frustrating at times in that first season back in the Prem.

Nonetheless, a name always recognised as shaping the history of LCFC.

Im not saying i want him back. And id disgaree with ones who are saying we should.

What is astonishing is the mainly older ones who clearly know everything because they remember Arthur Rowley, had it in for him even when he was here. I suppose when people find it hard to understand why our fans cant take to Puel, you only need to look back and realise we had fans who hated a man that had won us 2 promotions as champions and kept us in the Premier League. Maybe we just have idiots as fans.

If i was a Chairman of a football league club id do everything i could to get Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh now. Its simply been a case of the wrong jobs for Pearson since he left. You dont build the legacy they left here by chance. We have been one of the best run clubs in the world these last 10 years and its in the main down to them.

Edited by Gamble92

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

17 hours ago, Xen said:

It'll be Wednesday or Middlesboro, for sure.

Both clubs love him.

You both must have missed the Hurst deal in the summer. I would get more backing from the Wednesday fans than Pearson would now. In fact Colin would be more welcome than Nige would. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

You both must have missed the Hurst deal in the summer. I would get more backing from the Wednesday fans than Pearson would now. In fact Colin would be more welcome than Nige would. 

Hahaa you really think Sheff Wednesday fans care about some kid who is proving to be not good enough for the 2nd division of Belgian football?

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaa you really think Sheff Wednesday fans care about some kid who is proving to be not good enough for the 2nd division of Belgian football?

You obviously didn't see the comments about Hurst snr and Pearson then. Both hero's both now hated for that deal. 

19 minutes ago, sylofox said:

You obviously didn't see the comments about Hurst snr and Pearson then. Both hero's both now hated for that deal. 

If I remember right a lot of hatred was directed at their own club for freezing out the player for a year when he wouldn't sign the initialy contract.

All Pearson/Hirst Sr did was set up a transfer that worked for the player who from what I remember was a free agent. The fact that Wednesday ended up missing out on compensation because he moved to Europe is entirely their own fault.

This just shows how sad and deluded some of our fan base are.

Love Nige for his achievements at LCFC and the project he put in place but ffs that ship has sailed and he's now failed, however the Puel out brigade are that desperate they'll hijack any thread for their cause :)