Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Pearson sacked

22 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Maybe he just wanted to be active? IMO he is a solid manager and i`ll be forever grateful for what he did at our club. Anyone who doubts his influence on our standing as a club today must be delusional.

Clearly he had a lot of influence on our club. 

Not sure what that has to do with the balls up at OHL. Saying he failed because he was effectively too good for the job sounds like a very weird kind of special pleading. 

Whatever his reasons for taking the job on he's come a cropper and has failed to deliver any of his objectives for the club or himself. It's not a good look, and I wonder at what level he'll next get a chance to 'be active' 

Forget wether I liked him or not, he has failed miserably since leaving us.

I spoke to a mate the other day about how the managers get the stick or plaudits, but the work the assistant does goes unnoticed.

For me Shakespeare was a cracking number 2, and Pearson is lost without him imo, not to the same extent because he held top jobs after leaving here, but thought O’Neill was a better manager with Robertson as his number 2.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Pearson has managed to almost relegate a title favourite in the Belgian second division.

Puel is doing OK with a very young squad and playing half-decent football in the PL.

And some of you want to swap them? Get a fvcking grip.

you say “okay with a very young squad”, I say “poorly with a talented squad”

Guest Harrydc
4 hours ago, Xen said:

Pearson has managed to almost relegate a title favourite in the Belgian second division.

Puel is doing OK with a very young squad and playing half-decent football in the PL.

And some of you want to swap them? Get a fvcking grip.

That’s exactly what I want. Bring back Nige 

It was a massive gamble for Nige to go over there and manage them, being anything other than moderately successful in the Belgian second tier would be a disaster for him.

I think he's pretty well finished as far as management goes, he's not one for the Soccer Saturday crowd either, my guess is he'll be an Assistant somewhere like what Roy Keane has done with Martin O'Neill.

6 hours ago, somebum said:

To anybody suggesting Pearson coming here...

Do you honestly believe KP will sack a manager at a sister club just to employ him again here...

just playing devils advocate a bit here, but totally sacking him can mean a big pay off. ‘re-assigning’ him potentially won’t, depending on the wording of the contract...

3 hours ago, fox in notts said:

Unfair. Nigel was great for us. Have some respect. Who knows where we would be without him.

He was great for us and deserves respect for that. His record since has been surprisingly poor, that's not meant to be disrespectful it's just stating the obvious. Some managers and clubs just click like he did for us. 

5 hours ago, Analysethis said:

So you are doubting he has football management skills? Without his influence we would have been relegated to the Championship the season before we won the title.He did great for us and dont understand any negativity towards him to be fair.

There was no motivation for someone of his skill set to go and manage football on such a low level which was my point.

You seem to have forgotten the bit where he spent the majority of the season weaving his tactical magic to get us into the relegation zone in the first place! The jury is still out on how much influence he had in getting us out of it. After failing badly in his next job after us at Derby nobody appeared to be in a desperate rush to employ him. Leuven was a decent opportunity for him with our owners. Don't think he's covered himself in glory there and is a mere shadow of his former self without his two sidekicks. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He was great for us and deserves respect for that. His record since has been surprisingly poor, that's not meant to be disrespectful it's just stating the obvious. Some managers and clubs just click like he did for us. 

Like Eddie Howe and Bournemouth. Darren Ferguson at Peterborough

• Like 3

He was brilliant and is one of my favourite managers we've ever had, there's no denying all that he did for the club, but I don't think it's disrespectful to say that he has done very poorly at OH Leuven, and hasn't pulled up trees in any other jobs since he left us. Calling for him to replace Puel in my opinion is the completely wrong move as he hasn't shown the aptitude elsewhere to warrant being our current manager unfortunately.

• Like 3