Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We could do that anyway surely? Why not look to keep Vardy and Kasper too? Kasper is 32 and has years left ahead of him

Well your original post suggested that if puel were to stay, Vardy and schmeichel would be leaving. All of our our young players, the ones I named, have backed puel so I’m suggesting that if puel goes they may move on aswell. 

If I had to pick between those 2 options I’d rathe puel stayed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingston_fox said:

Have you ever managed people? How is he ever going to maintain respect - regardless of his decision making - when dealing with a bunch of man-children in such a public high profile arena

Yes I do 

claude said on Thursday that there was no issue between himself and the player and if the player disrespected the club or the manager then they woud expect to be sanctioned.  everyone had forgotten the subject after that and I assumed the manager and the player had dealt with it between themselves.  Claude now brings it back front and centre. We lost and I believe the players have even less respect for him now, not more. 

Just now, Foxboy said:

Well your original post suggested that if puel were to stay, Vardy and schmeichel would be leaving. All of our our young players, the ones I named, have backed puel so I’m suggesting that if puel goes they may move on aswell. 

If I had to pick between those 2 options I’d rathe puel stayed.

Young players are never going to do anything different publicly......... experienced players can afford to take a different stance 

I cant help but think would we have had as much success in the first half creating chances if Vardy did start? When he is on the pitch it is easy as **** to defend against us, but without him I dont think Spurs were as confident as we did not really have a focal point in our attack, it came from everywhere.

• Like 1

My suspicion is that Vardy was dropped for disciplinary reasons after last week, but Puel is too professional to go public with it. Ferguson did it all the time. The players can’t be bigger the manager. It’s a recipe for disaster as we know well. Could well be wrong though, just my hunch. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Young players are never going to do anything different publicly......... experienced players can afford to take a different stance 

You really will try and spin anything against puel won’t you? Young players stick up for him, but only because they can’t afford to go against him. Stupidest thing I’ve ever read. Chilwell could walk into almost any prem team at LB. He, more so than schmeichel, can afford to say whatever he wants in a press conference.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I must be possibly the only one on here that thinks if Vardy were playing with a smile on his face, in a system that created good chances, he’d still be banging em in, 32 or not.

Vardy’s got plenty of goals left in him. He isn’t your slightly overweight, coming to the end of his career type striker. There’s nowt on him and he’s as fit as a flea.

Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve still not seen many posters who were fully behind the decision to bench Vardy, now coming out and saying it was a daft decision.

Thats FT for ya.

Have you thought that maybe those people aren’t coming out and saying it was a daft decision because they don’t think it was a daft decision?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I must be possibly the only one on here that thinks if Vardy were playing with a smile on his face, in a system that created good chances, he’d still be banging em in, 32 or not.

Vardy’s got plenty of goals left in him. He isn’t your slightly overweight, coming to the end of his career type striker. There’s nowt on him and he’s as fit as a flea.

Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve still not seen many posters who were fully behind the decision to bench Vardy, now coming out and saying it was a daft decision.

Thats FT for ya.

I've ran out of rep today - but I fully agree with you. Need to find that system to bring the smile back (......and I know how to start......:whistle:)

I’m still on the fence with Puel of which I’ve nearly fell off a couple of times in last few weeks, but I really didn’t think his excuse of having Vardy start on the bench was a real account of his actions?

If Puel and Vardy have fell out over a tit for tat he said la de lah then I’m disappointed that CP has put his ego infront of our result keeping our top scorer and at times the only one that looks like scoring is just unacceptable this should be kept behind closed doors and not taken into match day by benching Vardy because he can!

Gray did quite well as a Vardy replacement but the lad is no striker, Tielemans looks quality and can only improve every week his stats today were well impressive this lad has to be signed up in the summer!

All in all though the spuds were there for the taking today but we didn’t take our chances Barnes Maddison and then that penalty but let’s now regroup got 2 weeks rest for us to work on our shooting etc and get the positive result against palace !!

3 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Pretty sure that's 5 defeats and 1 draw in the last 6 matches. That's ONE point. The other games? Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss, Loss (including loss to 4th division Newport). WOW! I don't really know what to say. I suppose I should just reiterate what is said on here ad nauseum: Where would be be if we didn't have such a Wonderful, Wonderful, Charismatic Manager?? FFS. WOW.

How anyone could blame Claude for today's loss is a mystery to me. His tactics were terrific, as was his choice of personnel. We should've led 2-0 after 20 minutes, but our young players are still learning how not to let nerves affect them when finishing. Barnes choked repeatedly, as did Gray. Even Vardy gagged with that mediocre PK. 

The reality is, we outplayed Spurs for the majority of the game. We created better chances. We look like a top-6 club for massive stretches, but our futility in front of goal is killing us.

The answer to that is to let the lads play through it. We now have a run of games where we should be winning most all of them. We will be the better team the next 9 matches in a row. This is the time to keep this personnel grouping -- including keeping Vardy on the bench -- and let then work through their nerves. Which they will do if we let them. These players need time together, need to keep gelling, and if we use the remainder of the season to get their confidence right, then next season we can genuinely challenge for Europe (we'll need a Tiel-type in the summer to replace him, obv).

Keep this starting 11, keep this manager. We are going to start racking up wins, beginning immediately. Keep Tiel in and Gray up front. Let the next 9 matches decide Puel's fate.

Edited by vanity
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes I do 

claude said on Thursday that there was no issue between himself and the player and if the player disrespected the club or the manager then they woud expect to be sanctioned.  everyone had forgotten the subject after that and I assumed the manager and the player had dealt with it between themselves.  Claude now brings it back front and centre. We lost and I believe the players have even less respect for him now, not more. 

Does he, or are people assuming a player dropped for poor form must actually be dropped because of some footage from the previous week that is probably just a dodgy cut? In other words, did he, or do people want him to have done so to justify their hatred of him?

15 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

You really will try and spin anything against puel won’t you? Young players stick up for him, but only because they can’t afford to go against him. Stupidest thing I’ve ever read. Chilwell could walk into almost any prem team at LB. He, more so than schmeichel, can afford to say whatever he wants in a press conference.

I’m not spinning anything......infact I only decided today to say the manager needs to leave for the good of the club. If you want to stick your head in the sand and not appreciate what’s going on here then that’s your choice ............ I’m not going to try and convince anyone of anything .......it’s up to each of us to make our minds up ...... I simply stated an obvious point that young players are not going to go out on a limb and diss the manager. Chilwell has plenty of reasons to be thankful to puel for pushing him on but let’s not pretend he was a crap player before Claude arrived ..... klopp was desperate to get him two half years ago 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Does he, or are people assuming a player dropped for poor form must actually be dropped because of some footage from the previous week that is probably just a dodgy cut? In other words, did he, or do people want him to have done so to justify their hatred of him?

You really think he picked gray upfront away at spurs for tactical reasons ???  

• Haha 1

Finishing aside, that was a very encouraging performance today. We have an incredible crop of young talent, good enough to dominate, albeit a weakened Spurs side, for much of the game. Spurs won because they had experienced finishers who are brimming with confidence and we had inexperienced finishers lacking in confidence. Clearly, the future is bright but I honestly don't think Puel is the right coach to make the most of the opportunity we have. His tactical decisions leave us all baffled at times but his biggest weakness is his poor man-management. He simply doesn't get the best out of the players at his disposal and that is why I think he'll be moved on. However, Top is clearly focussed on building for the future and won't be panicked into making a change until a suitable replacement becomes available.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

Has any manager since Pearson actually commanded any respect? 

And who wouldnt respect Pearson? You would find your self taking a long drive with some of the boys.

What ? 

Claudio won us the league and was knifed by this man the next season 

Claudio earned a lifetime of respect 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not spinning anything......infact I only decided today to say the manager needs to leave for the good of the club. If you want to stick your head in the sand and not appreciate what’s going on here then that’s your choice ............ I’m not going to try and convince anyone of anything .......it’s up to each of us to make our minds up ...... I simply stated an obvious point that young players are not going to go out on a limb and diss the manager. Chilwell has plenty of reasons to be thankful to puel for pushing him on but let’s not pretend he was a crap player before Claude arrived ..... klopp was desperate to get him two half years ago 

You are spinning it. You’re saying that chilwell isn’t defending puel because he likes him as a manager he’s only doing it because dissing the manager would halt his career. You’ve then gone on to say that it is widely known how good chilwell is, with him being klopps number 1 target for left back. Which shows that without Leicester and without Claude chilwell could still go on to have a great career. So maybe, just maybe, chilwell actually likes Claude as a manager and is happy at Leicester, with Claude in charge.