Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

How did it work if we lost? And the scorer is the one he didn’t start with? 

It was away at Spurs. Did you expect to win? Better chances, but we lost I agree.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There can be no coincidence here. Kasper isn’t happy with the manager, Vardy isn’t happy with the manager. We are playing an ever younger squad.

Its clear Puel’s relationship with the old guard is failing. 

We sit on the precipice of the squad being completely dismantled and changed wholesale.

Maybe it’s time? But it’s risky. 

Riskier not to. Time waits for no man.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The alternative of course is to employ a manager who can actually manage them? Then they wouldn’t want to leave and we could retain our best players

The club is in a state of flux that’s for sure and if you go with Puel you’ll be happy that Vardy and Kasoer are going. Because they will.

Not saying i'm happy with Puel, but they are running the club, they will sh*t on most managers if they don't get there own way. No player or manager should be bigger than the club, just fed up with them chucking there toys out of the pram when things don't go their way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If Puel continues to play Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Gray together, I think we’ll walk the next few games.

Super optimism based on scant evidence but how I hope you are right. Let's revisit this comment in a few weeks...

8 minutes ago, FIF said:

He shouldn't have started he has been poor for a long time. He did okay today but Vardy on form gets a hat-trick on the chances he had even in only 30 minutes. I think he's actually the ideal solution as a sub.

Didn't you think that our young guns had a great game? Barnes should have bagged a hat-trick alongside a Vardy hat-trick and he'll learn from this - it is only the beginning of his PL career. Gray has far more to his game than Vardy, he could've got a brace and will grow into the striker role if we stay with the young set-up. Chilwell nearly had a brace at the end of the game. I've said all along he's our best jumper and header of a ball - glad to see that Puel has seen that and is involving him in the corners. Tielemans had a wonderful debut. And we started the game well for the first time in ages.

So much looked good. We could easily have won a game away to a top 3 team - that's a step in the right direction.

Vardy was better than he has been for weeks, he looks a good option as a sub to change our games. I say he's not on form because he should have scored the penalty. You don't need to be playing to score a penalty and if he didn't think he was ready he should have left it for Maddison. Personally I think it was the right decision he just didn't hit it with his usual confidence. He scored well and made a great pass to Harvey Barnes and then missed another that on form he'd have put away. 

So a top 8 or even top half finish to the season will mean he is a success under your evaluation will it?

How many teams have won away to any top 3 team this season?

We're a transition team well ahead of schedule.

The channel I watched made a section about Winks and how great he's doing for a young player. Pretty sure we had at least 6 players younger than him playing today.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There can be no coincidence here. Kasper isn’t happy with the manager, Vardy isn’t happy with the manager. We are playing an ever younger squad.

Its clear Puel’s relationship with the old guard is failing. 

We sit on the precipice of the squad being completely dismantled and changed wholesale.

Maybe it’s time? But it’s risky. 

If it's at those 2 players cost,then let it be so  . personally I think there is no riff,just forum making mountains out of molehills,then some pundits picking up on it!!

Both Vardy and Schmeichel,still have a great chance to help Puel,lay a great foundation,if they can't run with it....their loss!!!

Whatever...Today could of been the catalyst,giving us a far better attacking platform....In form Maddison,with Tielemans,and the movement of Barnes.

Today the positives out-weigh anything the Puel-out Brigade can invent...

Targets can be better assesed...We need Tielemans or one of his ilk,if we can't entice him to stay.

We need 2 quality strikers, with Vardy. It also depends how we see Barnes..

Today was a real travisty...this group and Puel deserved a result!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Encouraging performance, shows the talent we have got but still not clinical enough when it counts and that's what costing us at the minute obviously with more game time they should start finding the net, Ricardo didn't do him self any favours with the 2nd goal and poor defending on the first.

Chilwell in that final third does himself no favours, superb at everything else but needs working on as we get in time and time again, its always smash a cross in and rarely does it beat the first man, this is down to the management though.

Start Vardy and we would probably have come away with at least a point.

as others have said the future is bright but another manager could probably get more out of these players but then you have to consider can they bring in targets like Ricardo and Telemans who look very good players that's another bonus for Puel along with the development of youth but he must have a hole in his foot after today.

Why should any  another manager,get more out of these players...It's a cheap and lazy shot....!!!

26 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Proud and frustrated at the same time. Had enough clear cut chances to win two games, missed a penalty, and end up losing. Typical City. Tielemans looked very encouraging and Chilwell and Ndidi did well today as well. Need to sort out the finishing. Surprised Vardy didn’t start, but fair play on making a tough call. Interesting comments from Schmeichel Senior, borne out of frustration hopefully. As far as the manager, let’s just get too the summer and see what happens. Sick of hearing about it. Good to see a few of the old guard today, Lennon and Walsh in the crowd 

Stunning comments from him today! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

wow

to compare

winning 8 out of 10

with 3 out of 11 wins

4 defeats out of the last 5

Not sure thats quite the form that preempted the Title winning season

We started winning at the end of that season. Pearson was stubborn for a long time throughout that season,  but when he eventually changed things our good performances became wins and we managed the "great escape."

I dont think there is much danger of the drop this season, but if Puel is trying to change things to deal with the lack of goal threat. Yes we lost today but we went to Wembley and created a lot more chances than they did.

Are we the finished product yet? No.

Are there positives you can take from today's performance though -looking at the future, I'd argue yes there are.

I'm not Puels biggest fan, I think for a while he has taken us backwards. But we've a very young squad who, if we keep together, will only get better. And Tielemans looks like the CM we need to help us get with our creativity.

I'm going to judge Puel come the end of the season and how we're playing then, because while it'd be great to get 7th (and hopefully Europe) this season, if we can be the team I think we're capable of being next season because we keep improving this season, then exciting times lie ahead.

Excellent game, even iheanacho looked half decent when he came on,abd great to throw caution to the wind abd pack the pitch with forwards at the end.

People are writing to their own agenda here, byt you can guarantee if we had a tepid end and lost 2-1, people would be asking for exactly what we got. Losing 3-1 whilst looking for an equaliser is betyer than settling for 2-1 loss.

And to bow start quoting how long since a win after drawing with liverpool, abd losing to man u and tottenham.

Get a grip people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If Puel continues to play Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes and Gray together, I think we’ll walk the next few games.

Well, we have to.

Crystal Palace, Brighton and Watford are all teams in our vicinity that we should beat, especially at home.

We've got to win at home again. It's only going to get worse if we can't shed that terrible home form sooner than later.

Also, then it's Fulham at home. Surely we'll beat these, no?

Followed by Burnley away and Bournemouth at home. Then Huddersfield away and Newcastle at home.

All these fixtures should be working in our favour.

But we finally HAVE TO CONVERT OUR CHANCES.

Any continuation of this dry spell in terms of winning will only further infuriate the fans. It's got to stop. It really has to. At present, we're looking at an abyss. Talented players we may have, but the sportive side of things is turgid.

Turn it around, Claude, FFS.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

See Man Utd.

Could also go the other way though mate. Just because a new manager comes in doesn’t mean he’s going to do better. Could come in, changethe team up and go and get us relegated. Sure you’d all love that.

So frustrating as we created more without Vardy but ironically cannot take those chances without him. I think we need to find a way to play how we did today but have Vardy in the team. 

For me go 4-3-3 with Maddison dropping into midfield with Tielemans and Ndidi. Pit Gray and Barnes on the wing with Vardy up front.

We’ve got 2 of England’s back 4, Portugal’s right back, Nigeria’s DM, England’s top prospects playing, Belgium’s best young midfielder! 

It’s so obvious it’s Puel holding us back! To be 1 place above Brighton is unforgivable, and behind “crisis club” Everton is further evidence  

once Puel goes we should see an Man Utd type change in our fortunes 

Edited by jonny_wright
  • Like 1

On the train now back from the game. What a game of contrasting emotions! I thought the result didn't portray the game at all. Offensively that is as good as I have seen us under Puel, we cut through them so many times and had so many clear cut openings. Barnes could have had a hat trick, Gray a couple and Vardy obviously missed from the spot. So frustrating to watch!

Youri Tielemans was fantastic. I doubt he will be here next summer, so if he's not we should be identifying someone like him and lining them up right away. He was the player we thought Silva was going to be. I appreciate it's just one game in, but he did everything we want from a CM, he ran the game, drove forwards, made tackles, had that insane shot, etc, etc. I don't think it's any surprise the rest of the team started clicking with a player like him in the side. Neither Silva or Iborra showed that sort of quality whilst they were here. It was like watching peak Danny Drinkwater but with better short passing and less long passes.

Harvey Barnes had an absolute roller coaster of the game. Some aspects of his play were incredible, and some awful! But let's get behind him because at his age, he is further ahead development wise of Ndidi, Chilwell and Maddison. Someone phone West Brom and tell them to send Harvey's shooting boots back and he will become a key part of our team. The potential is incredible and I think bringing him back was a great move. Blooding him now is only going to help his development. I do think we need someone like him on the other side though. Ghezall was OK, but Barnes got in time and time again. He might not be clinical but he has the instincts, a bit like Mahrez had. If we had another player like that on the other side, plus Tielemans in the team... we could be a real force.

Lastly Gray I thought linked play quite well but he has a lot of learning to do if that's going to be his role. I think he offers more than Ihenacho when playing up top, but too often he drifts instead of being the focal point when we attack. Also he's just not got the clinical edge to his play that is needed to play up top. Thus like a lot of people I feel like an alternative to Vardy up front is needed in the summer. Gray is improving though I feel his output for goals and assists needs massive improvement.

Overall though so many positive things to take away from that. That was the youngest Leicester team I have seen play in the league ever, and had we won that game 3-1 I don't think the scoreline would have been deceiving. Honestly if that's the future of the team then we could easily be one of the "teams to watch" across Europe in the future, when the players are all a bit more experienced.

The Palace game is next and it's crucial. If we can play like today against them we should be able to break them down. It's about time we got something against them!

• Like 1

Just now, Foxboy said:

Could also go the other way though mate. Just because a new manager comes in doesn’t mean he’s going to do better. Could come in, changethe team up and go and get us relegated. Sure you’d all love that.

It sure could nothing is guaranteed is it so I'm with you on that, I honestly like what he is doing here but don't think everyone is on the same page so that needs to change.