Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

Cant believe the negativity on here today. Vardy puts that penalty away I really believe we would have gone on an won that. Away to a team challenging for the league. When This team becomes one of the best and most exciting in the country in the next couple of years I hope you'll thank Puel and the club for the job they've done. Sadly I doubt that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Can’t all you nay sayers see how close we are to creating something really special? We’re competing well against the best teams in the country and we’re fielding really young sides. It really isn’t that hard to see is it? 

Yep I see it

Wolves

Palace

southampton

Newport

Cardiff

All top tier

• Like 1

There can be no coincidence here. Kasper isn’t happy with the manager, Vardy isn’t happy with the manager. We are playing an ever younger squad.

Its clear Puel’s relationship with the old guard is failing. 

We sit on the precipice of the squad being completely dismantled and changed wholesale.

Maybe it’s time? But it’s risky. 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There can be no coincidence here. Kasper isn’t happy with the manager, Vardy isn’t happy with the manager. We are playing an ever younger squad.

We sit on the precipice of the squad being completely dismantled and changed wholesale.

Kasper and Vardy haven;t been happy with any manager since Pearson so it's no suprise it's just getting boring

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

There seems to be a perception from many that players will simply  go if clubs come in for them.

Surely the past 24 months has shown that that just will not happen?

Proud and frustrated at the same time. Had enough clear cut chances to win two games, missed a penalty, and end up losing. Typical City. Tielemans looked very encouraging and Chilwell and Ndidi did well today as well. Need to sort out the finishing. Surprised Vardy didn’t start, but fair play on making a tough call. Interesting comments from Schmeichel Senior, borne out of frustration hopefully. As far as the manager, let’s just get too the summer and see what happens. Sick of hearing about it. Good to see a few of the old guard today, Lennon and Walsh in the crowd 

• Like 1

You cannot keep changing manager because the senior players are not happy they have already sh*t on two previous managers. Master of these situations was Fergie, soon as anyone messed around he Fooked them off, harsh but you cannot have the players running the club no matter who they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smitha said:

From this and other posts I take it your not Puels biggest fan.:D

Given whats at his disposal and the finish last year, people said give him time to bring in his own players and put his own stamp on the team

Have we improved?

Lots of people saying we are losing close games

But does it matter in the long run?

When we have a run of lesser teams to play do we end up beating them?

Not recently no

Not a huge fan

But also not a huge fan of the old guard dictating either

28 minutes ago, FIF said:

Great game to watch.

Puel got it right.

Vardy just isn't on form.

Today,we played the football we want to see...

Puel knew what he wanted,and he got the youngsters in the right positions,and they delivered!!!

But again we are struggling to convert...That with the young team can be sorted out!!!

Barnes,is Going to be favourite.Maddison had a good game,Tielemans that's the type of player we have simply been missing!!!

Posters using not Playing Vardy,to have a go at Puel, are just pathetic....

Vardy is still my man,and has a 2-3 season. Top period to still carrying on being our hero...but today Puel pulled out an idea,which worked,and the last

10 games and today,has proved Vardy wouldn't of changed the conversion rate,he's just going through one of those periods,nothing to do with age!!!

Puel IMO should of got the full support from the fans,especially now his team came up with great moves and performance.The future does look bright,

also with Vardy...

I hope he makes the same selection,for the next game..!!!  3 goals, again give aways,and again situations and errors caused by guys having good games.

Vardy coming on ,not has a 75 minute sub,but somewhere 60minutes. Using him this rest of this season on this idea has a deliberate ploy.

lay off Puel,we see when he gets the right midfield,the movement gets the players opening up creating some top moves ending with decent chances...

Crusades,campaigns and moaning just for the sake of it means you are missing the developments major points...!!!

though a loss,there was much to enjoy,and any critic is just splitting hairs!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smitha said:

You cannot keep changing manager because the senior players are not happy they have already sh*t on two previous managers. Master of these situations was Fergie, soon as anyone messed around he Fooked them off, harsh but you cannot have the players running the club no matter who they are.

The alternative of course is to employ a manager who can actually manage them? Then they wouldn’t want to leave and we could retain our best players

The club is in a state of flux that’s for sure and if you go with Puel you’ll be happy that Vardy and Kasoer are going. Because they will.

• Thanks 1

Good performances away at the top 6 aren't what define our seasons, we played well definitely but how many false dawns have we had from these games? Too many. We'll know more from the Palace and Brighton games and I wish I didn't feel this way but I'd be very glad with 4 points but I just can't see it. 

Find some of the negativity to be laughable at times.

All we need to do is keep playing like that and concentrate all our training on getting the lads to hit the damn target!

Last time we played consistently this well and lost games, the next season we won the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Puel knew what he wanted,and he got the youngsters in the right positions,and they delivered!!!

But again we are struggling to convert...That with the young team can be sorted out!!!

Barnes,is Going to be favourite.Maddison had a good game,Tielemans that's the type of player we have simply been missing!!!

Vardy is still my man,and has a 2-3 season. Top period to still carrying on being our hero...but today Puel pulled out an idea,which worked,and the last

10 games and today,has proved Vardy wouldn't of changed the conversion rate,he's just going through one of those periods,nothing to do with age!!!

Puel IMO should of got the full support from the fans,especially now his team came up with great moves and performance.The future does look bright,

also with Vardy...

I hope he makes the same selection,for the next game..!!!  3 goals, again give aways,and again situations and errors caused by guys having good games.

Vardy coming on ,not has a 75 minute sub,but somewhere 60minutes. Using him this rest of this season on this idea has a deliberate ploy.

lay off Puel,we see when he gets the right midfield,the movement gets the players opening up creating some top moves ending with decent chances...

Crusades,campaigns and moaning just for the sake of it means you are missing the developments major points...!!!

Why did it work?

We missed chances

Gray created nothing in the first half and his heat map showed he played everywhere but striker for 45mins

The alternative of course is to employ a manager who can actually manage them? Then they wouldn’t want to leave and we could retain our best players

The club is in a state of flux that’s for sure and if you go with Puel you’ll be happy that Vardy and Kasoer are going. Because they will.

Puel will go, but we are talking about two 32 year olds, they aren't the future of this club. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He scored... and missed a Penalty granted but should have started.

He shouldn't have started he has been poor for a long time. He did okay today but Vardy on form gets a hat-trick on the chances he had even in only 30 minutes. I think he's actually the ideal solution as a sub.

49 minutes ago, ousefox said:

He is the only player who managed to score for us today despite only getting 30mins. The rest of the team missed chance after chance. How on earth did he get it right?

Didn't you think that our young guns had a great game? Barnes should have bagged a hat-trick alongside a Vardy hat-trick and he'll learn from this - it is only the beginning of his PL career. Gray has far more to his game than Vardy, he could've got a brace and will grow into the striker role if we stay with the young set-up. Chilwell nearly had a brace at the end of the game. I've said all along he's our best jumper and header of a ball - glad to see that Puel has seen that and is involving him in the corners. Tielemans had a wonderful debut. And we started the game well for the first time in ages.

So much looked good. We could easily have won a game away to a top 3 team - that's a step in the right direction.

43 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree with the first two points.

Can’t blame Vardy for missing a penalty seconds after coming on. He did also score didn’t he? 

Vardy was better than he has been for weeks, he looks a good option as a sub to change our games. I say he's not on form because he should have scored the penalty. You don't need to be playing to score a penalty and if he didn't think he was ready he should have left it for Maddison. Personally I think it was the right decision he just didn't hit it with his usual confidence. He scored well and made a great pass to Harvey Barnes and then missed another that on form he'd have put away. 

35 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

What did he get right?

We lost 3-1

Its a results business 

So a top 8 or even top half finish to the season will mean he is a success under your evaluation will it?

How many teams have won away to any top 3 team this season?

We're a transition team well ahead of schedule.

The channel I watched made a section about Winks and how great he's doing for a young player. Pretty sure we had at least 6 players younger than him playing today.

Encouraging performance, shows the talent we have got but still not clinical enough when it counts and that's what costing us at the minute obviously with more game time they should start finding the net, Ricardo didn't do him self any favours with the 2nd goal and poor defending on the first.

Chilwell in that final third does himself no favours, superb at everything else but needs working on as we get in time and time again, its always smash a cross in and rarely does it beat the first man, this is down to the management though.

Start Vardy and we would probably have come away with at least a point.

as others have said the future is bright but another manager could probably get more out of these players but then you have to consider can they bring in targets like Ricardo and Telemans who look very good players that's another bonus for Puel along with the development of youth but he must have a hole in his foot after today.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Good performances away at the top 6 aren't what define our seasons, we played well definitely but how many false dawns have we had from these games? Too many. We'll know more from the Palace and Brighton games and I wish I didn't feel this way but I'd be very glad with 4 points but I just can't see it. 

Yep absolutely. Those will be the games which'll determine whether progress has been made over the last couple of months (both tactically from Puel and performance-wise by the players). 

Edited by bfox

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

also with Vardy...

How did it work if we lost? And the scorer is the one he didn’t start with? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Find some of the negativity to be laughable at times.

All we need to do is keep playing like that and concentrate all our training on getting the lads to hit the damn target!

Last time we played consistently this well and lost games, the next season we won the league.

wow

to compare

winning 8 out of 10

with 3 out of 11 wins

4 defeats out of the last 5

Not sure thats quite the form that preempted the Title winning season