Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

On 10/02/2019 at 19:41, kyleolly said:

7D0F9483-F3EF-4142-8CE5-8432D577FF9E.jpeg

Although Iheanacho has been poor, if we create the kind of chances we did against Spurs, i reckon he could get a few goals between now and end of the season. Its whether Claude can fit him and Vardy in the same team. The team has to be this with the only change being Gray over Iheanacho possibly. If he starts 3 cdms there will be an absolute meltdown on here! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Although Iheanacho has been poor, if we create the kind of chances we did against Spurs, i reckon he could get a few goals between now and end of the season. Its whether Claude can fit him and Vardy in the same team. The team has to be this with the only change being Gray over Iheanacho possibly. If he starts 3 cdms there will be an absolute meltdown on here! 

Maybe play Tielemans behind Vardy, looks the only one capable of feeding Vards through

21 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Maybe play Tielemans behind Vardy, looks the only one capable of feeding Vards through

I think Tielemens is better playing deeper. He can dictate the game from deep whilst driving us forward. Madders is the best one to have behind Vardy. If Tielemans, Madders and Vardy can get a good run in the team together and gain some understanding of each others game, we should start scoring goals again. Hopefully Tielemans can help us unlock team who park the bus at the KP. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

NO

Tielemans' value is slashed if you start him too high up the pitch.  He's not a #10 and should never be used as one.  He's plenty capable of engineering attacks (directly or indirectly) to Vardy playing box to box.

I suppose I'd start Vardy, but I really liked our movement up front against Spuds before he came on.  I also think starting Mendy should be an option, because we need to see how all of these potential MF partners for Tielemans (or his stand-in next season) work with someone like him in the formation next to them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Spot on

That would be my team

8 minutes ago, dynamark said:

kind of strange how spurs won comfortably last night and yet we battered them at the weekend.

Id like to see Nacho get more time maybe 45 second half minutes and give gray the first half

I'd be tempted the other way around as some are suggesting above. See how Nacho does with Tielemans helping create more behind him. Then if he cant build on his performance against Spurs we know we have Gray who can come on and do the job.

Nacho with confidence might offer us another goalscorer to ease the burden on Vardy. But he needs to start regularly taking his chances, no more anonymous games where he doesnt seem interested in giving his all.

An attack with Barnes, Maddison, Vardy and Ihenacho all playing well should be very exciting to watch. Especially if we can also stay fairly robust at the back (no more conceding silly goals in the first 15 mins -start each game on the front foot).

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Not a great deal between Ghezzal, Gray and Ihenacho, rolled into one and we've got a great player.

Joking point at the club about Puels insatiable love for Mendy so don't be surprised there.

21 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Iheanacho has been rubbish, but I do think Puel has mishandled the situation with him very badly. 

Not putting him in the side is one thing, but starting Gray ahead of him would have done his confidence no good at all. 

I do wonder whether he’d be better giving him some U23s game just to get his confidence up, rather than just benching him every week. 

It it seems a bit mad that we have £25m youngster who can’t get in the team and no plan to just stop him drifting out of the club. 

On 13/02/2019 at 09:28, FIF said:

Ward

Ricardo

Evans capt

Maguire

Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans

Maddison

Ndidi

Barnes

Gray

Vardy first sub off bench

On 13/02/2019 at 19:43, Jimmy said:

Ward

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

NDidi

Tielemans Maddison

Gray Vardy Barnes

Jesus!! Can you imagine if Puel dropped Kasper and a Ward error lead to a defeat??!!

This Forum would emplode upon itself. Civil war would break out. The city would be in ashes by sundown and Puel would have to be smuggled from it to a non extradition country via a network of underground tunnels. 

Leicestershire as a county would rupture into competing factions that would select champions to represent them in a battle royale, fight to the death in the ruins that was once the King Power. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Jesus!! Can you imagine if Puel dropped Kasper and a Ward error lead to a defeat??!!

This Forum would emplode upon itself. Civil war would break out. The city would be in ashes by sundown and Puel would have to be smuggled from it to a non extradition country via a network of underground tunnels. 

Leicestershire as a county would rupture into competing factions that would select champions to represent them in a battle royale, fight to the death in the ruins that was once the King Power. 

It's scary because it's true.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

It’s a 4-3-3. The same as what we played at spurs with a number 6 and two number 8’s. That’s generally how you play a 4-3-3 with a holder and 2 box to box midfielders. Not difficult 

It is for him apparently

On 11/02/2019 at 10:49, Ric Flair said:

I don't think I've looked forward to a home game as much as this all season, we've now nearly two weeks as well. But yesterday's display was everything we've asked of our team bar the bit of naivety that is sadly inevitable right now. We were exciting and although we gifted them the 3 points, I honestly don't think Spurs can take many positives out of the game. They were lucky and they know it, it was a glimpse of what this team could be with time and the right progression. Whatever we do, we have to get Tielemans permanently, i'd try and agree a £35-40m deal right now. Just pay it. Sell Maguire in the summer and we're evens if we need the bunce. Make the little genius captain.

I think we will win 4/5 of our next 6 games and we won't look back. It'll be nice to end a season positively as we haven't done for a few seasons now but I think there's plenty to be encouraged by after yesterday. This is coming from one of the biggest miseries in the county as well, so be very very scared!

Ric...

Im the biggest misery; get over yourself ?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

It’s a 4-3-3. The same as what we played at spurs with a number 6 and two number 8’s. That’s generally how you play a 4-3-3 with a holder and 2 box to box midfielders. Not difficult 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It is for him apparently

no need to be n*bheads, it's foxestalk not foxesb*tch, yikes 

• Like 1