Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

We need a win simple as that, I would go with 2 strikers up front personally.

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chillwell

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielmans

Gray

Iheanacho

Vardy

Subs: Maddison, Ghezzal, Mendy, Fuchs, Ward, Morgan and Okazaki

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

If ineacho does start I hope he starts him alongside vardy. Not behind him not wide but as a forward. 

His best position is supporting Vardy, in the Okazaki role of a 4-4-1-1 which essentially can be classed as a 4-2-3-1 on the attack.

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Tielemans

Iheanacho Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Should be enough creativity in the side at an individual level to compensate for our systematic, rigid attacking play.

Schmeichel

ricardo    Evans   Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

gray                                        Barnes

Maddison

Vardy

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if Puel plays Mendy. When on form (which, to be honest, he hasn't been of late ) Mendy does simple things well - tackles, drops deep to give the CBs an easy 'out' if the opposition is pressing high up the pitch and recycles the ball quickly.  I think he is one of our better players when it comes to interceptions, which means in theory he should be suited next to Tillermans. 

For all that, I hope Puel plays Wilf, since I believe in rewarding a good performance, I'm just saying I can see the argument for seeing how Mendy would fare now that we finally have a deep-lying creative midfielder this club has been crying out for.

I also really, really hope he plays Vardy. Vards is in average form tbh but still way more polished in terms of finishing than anyone else at the club.

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Well we are sitting at 18th in the Premier League form table thanks only to goal difference. Think that's called free-fall. The next six games are all relatively easy so maybe we can crawl to safety by the end of March.

Not accepting of the opposition we’ve played in recent weeks? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Well we are sitting at 18th in the Premier League form table thanks only to goal difference. Think that's called free-fall. The next six games are all relatively easy so maybe we can crawl to safety by the end of March.

It's called a bad run of form which happens to every mid-table club fer fecks sake. Or were you talking about Everton crawling to safety a couple of weeks ago with 1 win in 6 at the time? Or Bournemouth at the end of December with 8 defeats in 10? Get a grip

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

It's called a bad run of form which happens to every mid-table club fer fecks sake. Or were you talking about Everton crawling to safety a couple of weeks ago with 1 win in 6 at the time? Or Bournemouth at the end of December with 8 defeats in 10? Get a grip

and a bad run that leaves us 8 points from relegation zone . i think you need to get a grip with reality and accept we are in for a struggle because next 2 games at home do not guarantee 6 points

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Il get called negative and that I have an agenda... but lose this and I can’t see Puel keeping his job.

Win it and it will all calm down and I can see that giving the youngsters confidence to finish the season strongly 

God, if I had a penny every time someone whipped out the ol' "Ya know, I'm really feeling a Puel sacking in my bones in (insert time frame here) if we lose the next (insert games here)"

I'd have several thousand of them to donate towards a big tifo of Puel with the sunglasses on and "Deal With It" in massive letters.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

God, if I had a penny every time someone whipped out the ol' "Ya know, I'm really feeling a Puel sacking in my bones in (insert time frame here) if we lose the next (insert games here)"

I'd have several thousand of them to donate towards a big tifo of Puel with the sunglasses on and "Deal With It" in massive letters.

This is the dream

If we finish 7th i think its the least we could do :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

Il get called negative and that I have an agenda... but lose this and I can’t see Puel keeping his job.

Win it and it will all calm down and I can see that giving the youngsters confidence to finish the season strongly 

I think you've got an agenda and you're negative too! 

• Haha 2

My dream:- City attack Palace from the off, with Vards and Madders putting us 2-0 up by the break. Late on, Nacho comes on for Vardy and slots home from close range to give us a comfortable 3-0 win.

My nightmare:- Following tippy-tappy passing in our own half, a bad pass leaves Zaha free on goal to slot home past Kasper after just 10 minutes. Half an hour gone and big Wes brings down the same player just outside our box. The ref gives Wes a yellow card and a penalty to Palace, to make it 2-0 to them. Soon after half-time, Wes is off following another foul. Late on, Palace score a third, giving them a 3-0 win. 

We can't possibly lose 4 at home on the spin, can we?

Edited by String fellow

28 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

There we go... 

Completely ignored the second paragraph though because I have an agenda...