Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

3 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Actually, that is what I would like him to do. Kaspers turn to sit on the bench, and I would like to see Nacho on for 30 min second half. He wasn't too bad in his brief appearance vs Spurs. 

A1990614-C066-4E4E-953C-374DE4447B7C.jpeg.7641c7ec050f68e3ece84f8c48b14137.jpeg

:D

• Haha 4

Personally, I am extremely miffed at being done over the Owl 3 times out of 3.  This really has to stop.   3pts or I can see FT crashing post-match under the strain of the amount of traffic.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, murphy said:

Individual errors, missed pens, bad luck..... We've had a tough time of late.  I want to see it all come together for once and really batter someone.

....And I'd love it to be Palace!

Does make you wonder if we`re due to give someone a good smacking doesn`t it ?

• Like 2

On 10/02/2019 at 16:06, Stevosevic said:

We need to start getting some wins.

Can we take that performance in to the next game or will it be the same old story at home?

We must

Football is a points business and for all the ‘development’ of the club we simply need some points on the board.

We are about equi-distant from top 7 and bottom 3 (ish) and can’t get tangled up in any relegation fear nonsense.

I predict we win 2-1

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Zaha is playing (?) then Mendy, else Willf

Vardy in for Gray.

Ghezzal on the right.

Otherwise  as you were

Oh, and Wes in for both Evans and McGuire :ph34r:

11 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was confused that Zaha played at the weekend......apologies if this has been patiently explained elsewhere.

From what I understand Zaha appealed his extra game ban, so he was allowed to play at the weekend until the decision of the appeal is reached. Should be banned against us. Seems strange really that you can choose in a sense who you're banned against. 

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'd be inclined for Mendy over Ndidi for this. The two are similar but their key differences is Mendy is a better water carrier, recycling over 5-10 yards and in a home game against a bottom half side that's probably more useful than a better ball winner because we should except to control the game. Other than that, same starting lineup with Vardy in for Ghezzal and hope that being dropped has given him a good kick up the 'arris

The problem is though Palace have done a number on us a lot in recent seasons and their midfield could have a field day if we don't have the right mix of protection and ability to pass and create ourselves. It could be too much of a gamble to start with, i'd much rather go with Ndidi and if attacking wise we aren't seeing the fluency from defensive midfield through the different areas of the pitch then we make the change, rather than go with Mendy and gift them the lead and then it's groundhog day and a long evening.

48 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

From what I understand Zaha appealed his extra game ban, so he was allowed to play at the weekend until the decision of the appeal is reached. Should be banned against us. Seems strange really that you can choose in a sense who you're banned against. 

If his appeal his unsuccessful, he will serve his ban in the FA Cup match against Doncaster this coming weekend,  a game in which he probably wouldn't have played in anyway. He will then be available to play against us. 

No changes for me from the last game .

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi Tielmans Maddison

Ghezzal Gray Barnes 

I still believe Maddison can take Ghezzal's place and bring in Choudhury to the midfield 3, but give it another whirl, seemed to work well in theory, ok...not the winning theory, but hopefully that will come right aggen Palace. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TOMMYG said:

If his appeal his unsuccessful, he will serve his ban in the FA Cup match against Doncaster this coming weekend,  a game in which he probably wouldn't have played in anyway. He will then be available to play against us. 

Doesn’t any player appealing against a red run the risk of having an increased ban? Or have I imagined it? ? 

I'll be happy if: 

- Puel drops Mendy, and plays Tielemans alongside Ndidi as two central midfielders

- Puel keeps the faith with Barnes, despite his missed opportunities against Spurs

- He sticks with Maguire/Evans as our centre-back partnership

I'll be unhappy if: 

- He drops Vardy again meaning we won't have a recognised striker on the pitch 

- He randomly brings back Morgan or decides it's time to start experimenting with Soyuncu 

- Gray starts but Barnes doesn't 

So basically...I'm setting myself up for disappointment lol 

Edited by leicesterseddon

4 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I bet the fans will be in full voice. Love it when they blow the roof off. Makes the team play better and it's heaps of fun to be a part of. Proper good day out. 

Got that off a Palace forum  :ph34r:

sorry to disappoint 

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:00, Ric Flair said:

Puel needs to get over himself as well. Mendy has got to take a breather and he's got to persist with Vardy as Tielemans will feed and feed. The team picks itself now for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately its Puel who picks the team and I worry that he will revert to type and make a shedload of unfathomable changes when we have just played probably one of the most dynamic games of the season in terms of free flowing football despite the result.  The only change I would make would be to start with Vardy instead of Gray.  No grumbles either if he went with Hamza in place of N'didi but hat would be harsh on Wilf.  Mendy has had a reasonable season, although last few games have been a bit ropey and if he puts him in for either of the others then for me that would put the tin hat on it and just prove that the team is picked on favouritism rather than form.