Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

Just now, The Doctor said:

You mean aside from Barnes missing a one v one after being slide through by Tielemans? Or Barnes dragging a shot wide after cutting inside? Or Gray putting a free header straight at the keeper? Or Evans putting a free header over the bar? To suggest we didn't create many good chances without Vardy is nonsense. 

I mentioned the Barnes one but don’t remember the 2nd Barnes one you mentioned?

evans free header was a half chance at best and isn’t in open play so makes no difference to who we play creativity in open play.

Demarai header yeah I forgot that was 2nd half just before Vardy came on?

but then we could also ask would Vardy score that? I think he would from his history of heading ability. Free header centre of goal, Vardy scores that imo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because Mendy wernt on and Tilimens gave us balance. That’s why we were better. We had a ball carrier in midfield.

Not the same rules as Vardy because when Vardy came on we were even more of a threat and created about 4/5 great chances! 1st half, whilst looking relatively solid, we didn’t create any actual goal scoring chances bar 1 for Barnes. Defenders are frightened of Vardy, Spurs were on the ropes at home for nearly the entire 2nd half.

‘If Barnes had taken his chances’...but he didn’t did he? By the way his 2nd and clearly the best chance we had all game was brilliantly set up by who? ?‍♂️.

Vardy is getting on but his standards remain. He is clinical. He may have missed a few chances this season but we have missed lots of chances in general. We are terrible as a whole at coverting. Gray, Barnes, Maddison, ghezzal, nacho..I wouldn’t trust a single one of those. Vardy , whilst missing a few, has been clinical in loads of other big moments.

Watching both Everton and Chelsea away, 2 tough away games. Both we created very little(Especially Everton away).. 1 genuine chance, bang. Clinical. Now no one can tell me in these games we are this free flowing team that has chance after chance? We don’t create much. We play 2 defensive midfielders for most of the season and our creativity from wide is tragic, so Vardy lives off scraps.

Im hoping we have finally found the man who has some creativity in midfielder to be more expansive(tilimens).

We lost that in Drinky, but still had Mahrez. We then lose Mahrez..no wonder why Vardy has struggled.

Gray offers nothing as a striker, he has no end product and doesn’t position himself or make runs that a striker for years at grassroots works on. He offers just a bit of pace to get it and turn back and lay a simple ball.

Gray should play wide and make runs up and down the wing stretching defences and giving more space/service to someone who CAN finish. This isn’t a knock on gray, I like him and he offers good to the team but NOT as a striker!

Last thing about fans who seem to love the idea of moving people on and bringing through new players..we will not get a better trio of players(Vardy,Kante, Mahrez) in 20 centuries at a club the size of us. It was freak scouting and we are blessed to of witnessed the most golden era we will ever have.

I’m all for youth, but to many people just think the grass is always greener with New over Old.

I don’t believe in sentimental values either and when I feel it’s just for sentiment too I’d want him on bench but Vardy should be 100% starting because he’s the best player we have, best striker we have and our biggest threat and has at least 1/2 seasons left at the top level.

Im excited to see what we can produce with Tilimens, Maddison and Vardy in full flow. Play more expansive and less negative and It’ll certainly give us better chances and more of a threat, at home for sure.

The main problem is, Teams know if they score first they can just sit deep and we have had mendy and Ndidi sitting still and Maddison struggling to take on the entire midfield creating space and Vardy marked by like 4 players! ?‍♂️. It never f*king works and that’s been the biggest issue that puel has failed to change. Bench’s Maddison benches Vardy but doesn’t see why these struggle, especially at home when there is less space.

Tilimens is like a gift that has changed everything just by the sheer mentality and will change it. I know it’s been one game and I’m not jumping on bandwagon already regards to the player himself, but I mean in general, by playing a player who gets forward(regardless of actual talent) will be better than the stupid persistence with 2 DMs. I thought this was common sense and obvious by watching but clearly not by Puel!

Alleluia.

Nail on head. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I mentioned the Barnes one but don’t remember the 2nd Barnes one you mentioned?

evans free header was a half chance at best and isn’t in open play so makes no difference to who we play creativity in open play.

Demarai header yeah I forgot that was 2nd half just before Vardy came on?

but then we could also ask would Vardy score that? I think he would from his history of heading ability. Free header centre of goal, Vardy scores that imo.

There was a lot of chances, some of them half chances but at least 4 were what you'd class as guilt edged chances.

• Like 1

This thread, like so many others, really deserves its own theme song, may I suggest....

image.jpeg.ae419d2e1eb00af9dc6566d69c384421.jpeg

Or perhaps we change it up and go for

Image result for shades of grey song

(Disclaimer Both songs are not my cuppa by the way..) :ph34r:

On 10/02/2019 at 19:41, kyleolly said:

7D0F9483-F3EF-4142-8CE5-8432D577FF9E.jpeg

I know Puel is mad, but even he wouldn't start with Vardy in goal and a back 3 of Barnes, Madders and Nacho, would he?

But Kasper up front is a great shout :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

All the fans calling for time on building a new era and claiming it is not a bad Idea to gradually phase out vardy deserve to be rounded up and exiled..... to Derby

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. In case you aren't, I may have to remind you that Vardy isn't immortal. Therefore, if we continue to rely on him as our main goal scorer, our fortunes will suffer with his age. He needs to be phased out, as harsh as that reality is.

Of course, I don't mean he needs to be phased out right now. Just that eventually, it will happen. Sooner or later.

Or, he pushes for a move for gametime :cry:

49 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. In case you aren't, I may have to remind you that Vardy isn't immortal. Therefore, if we continue to rely on him as our main goal scorer, our fortunes will suffer with his age. He needs to be phased out, as harsh as that reality is.

Of course, I don't mean he needs to be phased out right now. Just that eventually, it will happen. Sooner or later.

Or, he pushes for a move for gametime :cry:

@Clarkey123 wore me down last time I tried this conversation - suggest you get yourself some

BCE144B2-EED0-4B12-BDDF-654E7B7ADB94.thumb.png.f6b8fdbb438d786ad90f26c6d5a18267.png

You know I am joshing @Clarkey123  :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Markyblue said:

We couldn't finish though. 

Vardy is not the problem here after all he is 5 years younger than Glenn Murray; so age is not the real issue with him yet. Besides he’s the only one who can finish to a reasonable level in the team. 

Funny how a pre game injury to Mendy opened up the possibilities in the team. Mendy is ok but the combination with Ndidi was the problem. I go along with the majority here with the team for next games. Start with the Same side as Spurs but Vardy in to start instead of the Gheezer. 

Unbelievably I am happy although on current form we are rock bottom of the table.

Should we fail however to shoot down and win against the Eagles and Seagulls next at the current Premiership gift shop of the King Power there will be an amnesty and tear up of the constitution. 

20 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because Mendy wernt on and Tilimens gave us balance. That’s why we were better. We had a ball carrier in midfield.

Not the same rules as Vardy because when Vardy came on we were even more of a threat and created about 4/5 great chances! 1st half, whilst looking relatively solid, we didn’t create any actual goal scoring chances bar 1 for Barnes. Defenders are frightened of Vardy, Spurs were on the ropes at home for nearly the entire 2nd half.

‘If Barnes had taken his chances’...but he didn’t did he? By the way his 2nd and clearly the best chance we had all game was brilliantly set up by who? ?‍♂️.

Vardy is getting on but his standards remain. He is clinical. He may have missed a few chances this season but we have missed lots of chances in general. We are terrible as a whole at coverting. Gray, Barnes, Maddison, ghezzal, nacho..I wouldn’t trust a single one of those. Vardy , whilst missing a few, has been clinical in loads of other big moments.

Watching both Everton and Chelsea away, 2 tough away games. Both we created very little(Especially Everton away).. 1 genuine chance, bang. Clinical. Now no one can tell me in these games we are this free flowing team that has chance after chance? We don’t create much. We play 2 defensive midfielders for most of the season and our creativity from wide is tragic, so Vardy lives off scraps.

Im hoping we have finally found the man who has some creativity in midfielder to be more expansive(tilimens).

We lost that in Drinky, but still had Mahrez. We then lose Mahrez..no wonder why Vardy has struggled.

Gray offers nothing as a striker, he has no end product and doesn’t position himself or make runs that a striker for years at grassroots works on. He offers just a bit of pace to get it and turn back and lay a simple ball.

Gray should play wide and make runs up and down the wing stretching defences and giving more space/service to someone who CAN finish. This isn’t a knock on gray, I like him and he offers good to the team but NOT as a striker!

Last thing about fans who seem to love the idea of moving people on and bringing through new players..we will not get a better trio of players(Vardy,Kante, Mahrez) in 20 centuries at a club the size of us. It was freak scouting and we are blessed to of witnessed the most golden era we will ever have.

I’m all for youth, but to many people just think the grass is always greener with New over Old.

I don’t believe in sentimental values either and when I feel it’s just for sentiment too I’d want him on bench but Vardy should be 100% starting because he’s the best player we have, best striker we have and our biggest threat and has at least 1/2 seasons left at the top level.

Im excited to see what we can produce with Tilimens, Maddison and Vardy in full flow. Play more expansive and less negative and It’ll certainly give us better chances and more of a threat, at home for sure.

The main problem is, Teams know if they score first they can just sit deep and we have had mendy and Ndidi sitting still and Maddison struggling to take on the entire midfield creating space and Vardy marked by like 4 players! ?‍♂️. It never f*king works and that’s been the biggest issue that puel has failed to change. Bench’s Maddison benches Vardy but doesn’t see why these struggle, especially at home when there is less space.

Tilimens is like a gift that has changed everything just by the sheer mentality and will change it. I know it’s been one game and I’m not jumping on bandwagon already regards to the player himself, but I mean in general, by playing a player who gets forward(regardless of actual talent) will be better than the stupid persistence with 2 DMs. I thought this was common sense and obvious by watching but clearly not by Puel!

Finally at last someone really gets it.

23 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We looked neat and tidy but no clinical edge what so ever. We never really looked like scoring in general.

23 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You mean aside from Barnes missing a one v one after being slide through by Tielemans? Or Barnes dragging a shot wide after cutting inside? Or Gray putting a free header straight at the keeper? Or Evans putting a free header over the bar? To suggest we didn't create many good chances without Vardy is nonsense. 

Tbh the fact we didn’t score from all these chances would suggest we didn’t have the clinical edge he’s on about.  It s great having them but at the end of the day you have to put a few away ..    some of our misses were pathetic imo ..  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Just been down to HBF Park to watch Perth beat Brisbane 4 0 and go 9 points clear at the top of the A League, so getting my fix :)

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it but tbh if Perth were playing Brisbane in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

I meant...y'know.... real football.  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it but tbh if Perth were playing Brisbane in my back garden I'd draw the curtains.

I meant...y'know.... real football.  :ph34r:

Not really that bothered about “real football”. Just good to be entertained and see a local team doing well.