Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

44 minutes ago, String fellow said:

My dream:- City attack Palace from the off, with Vards and Madders putting us 2-0 up by the break. Late on, Nacho comes on for Vardy and slots home from close range to give us a comfortable 3-0 win.

My nightmare:- Following tippy-tappy passing in our own half, a bad pass leaves Zaha free on goal to slot home past Kasper after just 10 minutes. Half an hour gone and big Wes brings down the same player just outside our box. The ref gives Wes a yellow card and a penalty to Palace, to make it 2-0 to them. Soon after half-time, Wes is off following another foul. Late on, Palace score a third, giving them a 3-0 win. 

We can't possibly lose 4 at home on the spin, can we?

... Yep. 

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

My dream:- City attack Palace from the off, with Vards and Madders putting us 2-0 up by the break. Late on, Nacho comes on for Vardy and slots home from close range to give us a comfortable 3-0 win.

My nightmare:- Following tippy-tappy passing in our own half, a bad pass leaves Zaha free on goal to slot home past Kasper after just 10 minutes. Half an hour gone and big Wes brings down the same player just outside our box. The ref gives Wes a yellow card and a penalty to Palace, to make it 2-0 to them. Soon after half-time, Wes is off following another foul. Late on, Palace score a third, giving them a 3-0 win. 

We can't possibly lose 4 at home on the spin, can we?

Wes starting will definitely have me pinching myself to make sure it’s not a bad dream haha 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanya said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Puel plays Mendy. When on form (which, to be honest, he hasn't been of late ) Mendy does simple things well - tackles, drops deep to give the CBs an easy 'out' if the opposition is pressing high up the pitch and recycles the ball quickly.  I think he is one of our better players when it comes to interceptions, which means in theory he should be suited next to Tillermans. 

For all that, I hope Puel plays Wilf, since I believe in rewarding a good performance, I'm just saying I can see the argument for seeing how Mendy would fare now that we finally have a deep-lying creative midfielder this club has been crying out for.

I also really, really hope he plays Vardy. Vards is in average form tbh but still way more polished in terms of finishing than anyone else at the club.

I think you are right that Mendy would also benefit from the simpler role and might be superior, especially when we expect to have a lot of the ball. But Wilf did really well, and looked revitalised by the tactical change, so it is a tough call.

The pre-match banter will be peachy if Claude picks Papy, but I think both Wilf and Papy are very good DMC's, so I don't really mind which one plays.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

If tielemans, Madders and Barnes can get there heads up, and Vardy keeps his views to himself, we could take them apart.

Even more than usual, we need to get the first goal. If we see that and the confidence starts to flow, we might get proper Roy-venge! :thumbup:

Agree with this

Our rather drab midfield suddenly becomes a very good attacking midfield!

I’ve watched Tielemans once and know I’d like us to sign him. Barnes will come good. He needs a couple of good performances to up his confidence. And Madders too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dynamark said:

So Schluup ,Knocky and Riyad all score in the cup and all arguably best players for their teams.Well done lads

Lets get em all back in have another go at the league.

Sorry i just need to break this down a bit as it's ****ing up my morning....

So Schluup ,Knocky and Riyad all score in the cup: Yes... against lesser sides

all arguably best players for their teams: ****ing hell... I hope you just mean the starting XI in these games?!?!? And not "Schluup, Knocky and Riyad are the best players at Crystal Palace, Brighton and Man City" ?!?!?!

Lets get em all back in have another go at the league. Okay this is the bit were I realised you might have been taking the piss all along... if it's not then I hope your hangover is okay this morning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I still can't believe a roy hodgson team is beating us 9-0 in the last 3 games. Mad.

I can.  The way they set up against is us nigh on perfect and brings out the very worst in us. The added bit of movement I saw against Spurs and some quick ball from the middle might finally finally counter attack that, but I'm not sure.

15 hours ago, String fellow said:

How many of Riyad goal's have come in the dying moments of Man City's games, when the games have already been won?

Good observation yes. He's scored 10 times this season but 8 of those have come in 'romps'.

He did score the winners for them away at Spurs and Watford though.

he's not had a bad first season, but at the mo it looks like we've got the better half of that deal for the £60m we got for him. Would we swap him for Barnes right now? Probably not.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I can.  The way they set up against is us nigh on perfect and brings out the very worst in us. The added bit of movement I saw against Spurs and some quick ball from the middle might finally finally counter attack that, but I'm not sure.

They are the team we have to score first against, if we do then they're fcuk all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fightforever said:

I still can't believe a roy hodgson team is beating us 9-0 in the last 3 games. Mad.

A very respected world class coach.

Not all has worked out for him but him still managing in the premiership is outstanding.

He'd only have to be in the game 5 minutes to work out our Kasper to Chilwell huff and hit them down the flanks as the full backs are further up the field than the wingers game plan. 

IMO he'd get more out of our set of players than the current incumbent

1976–1980 Halmstad

1982 Bristol City

1982 Oddevold

1983–1984  Örebro

1985–1989 Malmö

1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax

1992–1995 Switzerland

1995–1997 Inter Milan

1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers

1999 Inter Milan (caretaker)

1999–2000 Grasshoppers

2000–2001 Copenhagen

2001 Udinese

2002–2004 United Arab Emirates

2004–2005 Viking

2006–2007 Finland

2007–2010 Fulham

2010–2011 Liverpool

2011–2012 West Bromwich Albion

2012–2016 England

2013  England U-21 (caretaker)

2017–Crystal Palace

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ali Begbie said:

Good observation yes. He's scored 10 times this season but 8 of those have come in 'romps'.

He did score the winners for them away at Spurs and Watford though.

he's not had a bad first season, but at the mo it looks like we've got the better half of that deal for the £60m we got for him. Would we swap him for Barnes right now? Probably not.

Err probably yes.

In fact definitely yes for me.

• Like 4

Your honour in reference to my previous comment.

The three ex Leicester lads all scored and got through with their teams to last 8 in FA cup

They were all probably the best for their teams on the pitch that day

So well done and we miss you - in some ways

But we have to move on and concentrate on our next few league games to get some sadly missing points.

• Haha 1