Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel needs to get over himself as well. Mendy has got to take a breather and he's got to persist with Vardy as Tielemans will feed and feed. The team picks itself now for the foreseeable future.

It was a blessing that Ndidi came in yesterday, but scary that it wasn't the plan. I can't imagine Mendy plodding around as the lone defensive midfielder would have worked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel needs to get over himself as well. Mendy has got to take a breather and he's got to persist with Vardy as Tielemans will feed and feed. The team picks itself now for the foreseeable future.

I think he'll stick with the same team but Vardy up top and then it's between Ghezzal and Gray for the other spot. Would be surprised to see Mendy come in after Ndidi took his opportunity with both hands, though I don't think there's much between them.

Someone's taking a pounding in our next 4 or 5 games.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Time for Puel to pick an 11, stick with it and see what happens. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Gray, Maddison, Barnes have consecutive games to prove themselves, if they can't then they can't say they haven't been given a chance. 

Please just score the first goal. 

Gray/Ghezzal is a coin-flip for me. Otherwise, spot-on.

We desperately need a new striker to challenge Vardy, though. Happy to keep him in til the end of the season (not that we've got many options) but he needs pushing to stay at his best. Hopefully being dropped for Spurs has a motivating effect on him

Really want puel gone personally, however these next two games are very big for us. So let's try and have a positive atmosphere in the ground and see how things go. However lose both these games and the club has to expect some heavy criticism.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Ndidi

Gray Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

It's got to be that really. Gray's only chance for me now is if he gets a good run on the right and delivers. He's no good on the left or as a striker.

I'm really worried he's going to go and stick Mendy in for Barnes.

On 10/02/2019 at 16:55, ealingfox said:

Lose this and we're in the relegation battle for me. There's 1 spot still to be decided and we are now only 8 points off it.

We're still a good couple of wins off and I've honestly got no idea where they are coming from. The teams below us will all have points off us as well.

Your bang on. **** all the progress talk. We gotta get some points fast. 

I'd be inclined for Mendy over Ndidi for this. The two are similar but their key differences is Mendy is a better water carrier, recycling over 5-10 yards and in a home game against a bottom half side that's probably more useful than a better ball winner because we should except to control the game. Other than that, same starting lineup with Vardy in for Ghezzal and hope that being dropped has given him a good kick up the 'arris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

millennials coming thorough. They think they can change the world in an instant.

4 hours ago, John12345 said:

Your bang on. **** all the progress talk. We gotta get some points fast. 

Hey, while you guys were busy with the football, I came up with a breakthrough on your family tree.

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'd be inclined for Mendy over Ndidi for this. The two are similar but their key differences is Mendy is a better water carrier, recycling over 5-10 yards and in a home game against a bottom half side that's probably more useful than a better ball winner because we should except to control the game. Other than that, same starting lineup with Vardy in for Ghezzal and hope that being dropped has given him a good kick up the 'arris

I agree with your point about Mendy, I think many people were worried about Ndidi's marauding around at the front which at times left us vulnerable to counters as we had no midfield. With Mendy that would be less of a problem as he would be more likely to stay back. Then again, this surely could be something that Ndidi could learn. His game is intelligent enough to adapt I think. 

I hope Ghezzal gets another couple of games over Gray however. I think he would be more useful in breaking teams down, and Gray could use a period on the bench to make him hungrier.

If Zaha is playing (?) then Mendy, else Willf

Vardy in for Gray.

Ghezzal on the right.

Otherwise  as you were

Oh, and Wes in for both Evans and McGuire :ph34r:

8 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Puel's team selection for Saturday:

Schmeichel  Ward

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Mendy Ndidi Tielemans

Ghezzal Maddison Barnes

Iheanacho Okazaki Gray Mendy Vardy

Actually, that is what I would like him to do. Kaspers turn to sit on the bench, and I would like to see Nacho on for 30 min second half. He wasn't too bad in his brief appearance vs Spurs.