Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jammie82uk

Fixture changes in April

• Fri, April 12: Leicester vs Newcastle(8pm)***

• Mon, April 29: Leicester vs Arsenal (8pm)****

***subject to movement around UCL participation

****moves to midday Sunday if Arsenal reach Europa League semi-final

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11644173/live-sky-sports-premier-league-fixtures-announced-for-april

Edited by jammie82uk

I swear it's getting more and more ridiculous. Look at how many of them could still move.

Arsenal at home will move to Sunday 12pm if they make the Europa League semi finals which they will find out a week and a half before it's meant to be played.

Newcastle at home could move to Sunday as well and we won't find that out for another three weeks either. That's dependant on the dates for potential Man City & Liverpool Champions League dates.

Huddersfield away on 6th April could also still move to 12:30. They've picked Man City v Cardiff for that weekend when it's FA Cup semi final weekend of which Man City are 95% going to be in, so can't play it on that date. With others already moved, ours has a chance.

Tottenham v Brighton also on TV that weekend when Tottenham are likely to still be in Wembley and Brighton have a good chance of being in the Semis.

It's a total shambles.

It's well and truly fvcked. But they'll keep on doing it. 

Absolute no considering for fans. And that's an understatement.

A lot needs to change. But people keep moaning, going to games, paying for Sky, repeat. So it'll carry on.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

What has to happen for Newcastle to move exactly?

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Suggestion is that if Spurs v Huddersfield on the Saturday has be moved from 12.30pm due to CL scheduling/progression, then our game against Newcastle takes that slot. 

Or more likely if Man City or Liverpool's Sunday game has to be moved (if either or both have a Tuesday night CL match) then I guess we'll take one of the Sunday slots.

There's a very good chance all three (Spurs, City and Liverpool are involved in CL). It's a complete mess to try and guess what will happen. I think it's unlikely our game will move as a lot has to happen but never say never.

• Like 1

Shocking changes as always. Absolutely no consideration whatsoever for travelling fans. Firstly there's absolutely no need for these Friday night games, it's just a load of nonsense. Secondly, realistically how many Newcastle fans will be in a position to set off around 3pm to negotiate Friday rush hour traffic, find parking, and walk to the ground to ensure they don't miss kick off. Thirdly, if Sky insist it's absolutely necessary to have a Friday night game, why the heck have they ignored the fact that Brighton play Southampton that weekend (admittedly still a trek but easier journey than Newcastle to Leicester)?!? Until the government intervene which I suspect is highly unlikely I can see the broadcaster's continuing to marginalise travelling fans. 

1 minute ago, ian_marshall said:

Shocking changes as always. Absolutely no consideration whatsoever for travelling fans. Firstly there's absolutely no need for these Friday night games, it's just a load of nonsense. Secondly, realistically how many Newcastle fans will be in a position to set off around 3pm to negotiate Friday rush hour traffic, find parking, and walk to the ground to ensure they don't miss kick off. Thirdly, if Sky insist it's absolutely necessary to have a Friday night game, why the heck have they ignored the fact that Brighton play Southampton that weekend (admittedly still a trek but easier journey than Newcastle to Leicester)?!? Until the government intervene which I suspect is highly unlikely I can see the broadcaster's continuing to marginalise travelling fans. 

Unfortunately money talks. As annoying as that is for us as fans. Although, some people prefer evening games in the week than weekends (due to personal commitments). So not everyone is in a bad position. Yes, majority of fans will not fall into that category but have to see the bigger picture.

Gone are the days of Saturday 15:00 KO's for the majority of games.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

Unfortunately money talks. As annoying as that is for us as fans. Although, some people prefer evening games in the week than weekends (due to personal commitments). So not everyone is in a bad position. Yes, majority of fans will not fall into that category but have to see the bigger picture.

Gone are the days of Saturday 15:00 KO's for the majority of games.

Completely agree re: money so I realise that these slots are necessary to ensure higher revenue for the PL, however what I take issue with is the poor planning.

Far too frequently fans are being asked to travel very long distances without any consideration for the travel conditions when there are other fixtures scheduled between clubs which are relatively close geographically. It's this stupidity that I find frustrating, especially when a travelling fan is paying close to £100 to watch their team, yet 60/70% of the televised viewing audience has absolutely no interest in either club and have paid circa £1.50/2.00 to have a bit of entertainment on a Friday night. Yes, that's the business model, I understand that, but it doesn't make it right. 

Between January and May, if this remains as it says, we'll have played matches at 12.30pm Tuesday (New Year's Day), 8pm Friday, 12.30pm Saturday, 5.30pm Saturday, 12pm Sunday, 1.30pm Sunday, 2.05pm Sunday, 4.30pm Sunday, 8pm Monday all for TV. Throw in the 7.45pm Saturday before Christmas and that will be 10 different TV slots for our games.