Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jammie82uk

Fixture changes in April

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I swear it's getting more and more ridiculous. Look at how many of them could still move.

Arsenal at home will move to Sunday 12pm if they make the Europa League semi finals which they will find out a week and a half before it's meant to be played.

Newcastle at home could move to Sunday as well and we won't find that out for another three weeks either. That's dependant on the dates for potential Man City & Liverpool Champions League dates.

It's dreadful. How are they able to choose a time to show a game, inconveniencing people once, but then add "This game might be moved again, we'll let you know further down the line"? 

There is a huge difference between when you move games to weekdays- public transport back is almost non-existant, people are booking up to two days off work, possibly needing hotels, only to be told "actually, the game is on the Sunday at 12pm, forget the original plan".

They should be forced to choose a time slot and stick with it unless the game is cancelled for the League Cup final or FA Cup matches. Changing their own times is piss-taking.

• Like 1

I think that means just two Saturday 3 pm's left (at home) - Fulham and Bournemouth. I believe that will make it 9 in total, considering the last game is always on the Sunday that means 9 of the others were either originally set for midweek or were changed, some to earlier or later slots on the Saturday (Liverpool, West Ham, Spurs, Palace). I seem to remember a similar lack of 3pm's towards the end of the season a couple of years ago, somehow the one that doesn't get disturbed is bleedin bogeymen Bounemouth, with due respect one of the less appealing (and inevitably tougher than you'd think it would be) fixtures (still have memories of spoilt boxing days from previous era, not just our recent struggles to beat them)!

This chasing the money really has to stop it ultimately is of no benefit to the fans or the clubs nor even Sky/BT subscribers the only real beneficiaries are the players and surely they are already paid enough by any measure and inflated transfer fees which mostly go abroad and benefit those leagues. Even home purchases generally help no one in the long run as it just inflates the rates all the way down to none league level. 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I swear it's getting more and more ridiculous. Look at how many of them could still move.

Arsenal at home will move to Sunday 12pm if they make the Europa League semi finals which they will find out a week and a half before it's meant to be played.

Newcastle at home could move to Sunday as well and we won't find that out for another three weeks either. That's dependant on the dates for potential Man City & Liverpool Champions League dates.

Huddersfield away on 6th April could also still move to 12:30. They've picked Man City v Cardiff for that weekend when it's FA Cup semi final weekend of which Man City are 95% going to be in, so can't play it on that date. With others already moved, ours has a chance.

Tottenham v Brighton also on TV that weekend when Tottenham are likely to still be in Wembley and Brighton have a good chance of being in the Semis.

It's a total shambles.

Exactly the same as tomorrow. I get man city weren't confirmed as finalists when they first arranged it, and aren't in the semi finals yet, but if they're moving a fixture it should be one that is guaranteed to be happening that weekend, or if they want to risk it, then have a blank slot if that game then needs rearranging rather than screwing over more fans. Talking less that three weeks notice for Arsenal, like tomorrow, and how are Newcastle fans supposed to work out traveling?

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Suggestion is that if Spurs v Huddersfield on the Saturday has be moved from 12.30pm due to CL scheduling/progression, then our game against Newcastle takes that slot. 

Surely it'll be Man City or Liverpool. Tottenham playing Saturday won't be affected by CL participation either way will it?

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Between January and May, if this remains as it says, we'll have played matches at 12.30pm Tuesday (New Year's Day), 8pm Friday, 12.30pm Saturday, 5.30pm Saturday, 12pm Sunday, 1.30pm Sunday, 2.05pm Sunday, 4.30pm Sunday, 8pm Monday all for TV. Throw in the 7.45pm Saturday before Christmas and that will be 10 different TV slots for our games.

And that's whilst being as run of the mill as they come.

It's the aways that have been a disgrace by and large.

Not impressed. Having planned my shift requests at work (very successfully) throughout the season, this is just ridiculous. I planned ahead booking the weekend off for Arsenal as that had a high chance of moving with Europa League, but why they’ve decided to put the Newcastle game on is beyond me! Hopefully my shifts will fall for me, if not I’ll have to see if I can do some swapping ??

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

I wonder how long it will be before we have a 4am kick off in the premier league for the overseas market.

The night games on a Friday & Monday do nothing for the overseas market. They are either in the middle of a working day or shown in the middle of the night 

10 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Newcastle always seem to be on away from home - not exactly one of the most exciting teams to watch.

I rekon it's because they know they'll still sell out. You see the same clubs that aren't that good, but have good followings, on at stupid times. Newcastle, Everton.... In the Championship it always seems to be Leeds/Villa/Norwich/Sheffield Utd on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If it's necessary for every PL game to kick-off at the same time on the last day of the season to avoid any unfair advantages being gained, why is the same principal not applied to every other round of matches in the PL? 

Because that would be completely impractical? Any week with a Europa League game would need to see a full fixture list on a Sunday, any weekend with a cup round, no matter how deep in the competition, would have to cancel the league program. Going down into league one, if one club had several internationals then an entire weekend of football would need to be rearranged. It can be done for a single matchday but it's not practical to be the case every weekend

• 2 weeks later...