Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

8 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

I for one have been witness to the English managers on here get a lot more respect and leeway than the foreign managers. Even as an Englishman I have to admit it is true. The constant longing for an English manager etc. Well this is a results business and at the.moment we don't have many world class managers to choose from. That is why those clubs who are richest buy the best. How many Top 6 teams have an English manager? They get results. Modern football. Win big competitions. How many have we won lately. 

What on earth are you talking about?

Most on here want either Rodgers, Rafa or Wagner, none of whom are English.

Our most loved managers ever aren't English (except maybe Pearson, but plenty didn't like him).

Most of us agree that the manager should be picked on merit, honours and what he can bring to this football club, not his nationality.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Appleton in until May for me. I think now as pathetic as it is the season's got to be about arresting the slide and keeping things ticking over once we're safe. Around 3 wins should be enough (probably even less but we can surely pull 3 wins out of these fixtures now). He spoke highly of the dressing room and he wasn't a bad caretaker last time albeit for two games.

Doing this also then buys us the time to really plan what we're going to do next.

I'd be quite happy with either Rodgers or Benitez to be honest. They're very different managers but I think both are capable of making us a good side, a better one than we have been the title win anyway. Benitez is quite safety first but he's not exactly going to park the bus at home to sides like Brighton and Palace. It's totally overblown how negative he and his football is based on a small number of games against top teams, working with a side without anything like our resources. The Almiron signing proves as well he isn't averse to flair although I doubt someone who has achieved what he has in the game could be that narrow minded anyway. Seen plenty saying that Newcastle could've won 5-0 at the weekend but for better finishing - can you honestly say that about a single game of ours this year?

If it was about better finishing, with all the chances created, we'd have won our last few matches too and wouldn't be in this mess. So much for Aimiron, didn't see the match but if he was such an inspired signing you'd have thought he'd have got a couple of them. Benetez is just a Spanish big Sam and out of the two I'd prefer Sam.

A bit left field I know but, what about giving Wagner a go till the end of the season. He's potentially available immediately, and he would have a great incentive to make it difficult for us to get rid. If it doesn't work we can say goodbye in the summer and bring in someone else. 

36 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

A bit left field I know but, what about giving Wagner a go till the end of the season. He's potentially available immediately, and he would have a great incentive to make it difficult for us to get rid. If it doesn't work we can say goodbye in the summer and bring in someone else. 

What if it don't work and he sends us down? 

We need a experienced gaffer in, someone who knows the prem well and for me I feel Big Sam would suit us, might not play amazing beautiful football but I feel we need a good man manager and he is very good at that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

What was it about his performance as a Premiership manager that leads anyone to believe he'd be good for us? Many appear to just be snow blind because he's German and has a mate called Klopp. He did well in the Championship but so did Neil Warnock who out of the two has a better track record!

Edited by volpeazzurro

55 minutes ago, Domsdad said:

He can't handle the pressure, which is why he resigned from Huddersfield.

Also, this appointing until the end of the season nonsense is going back to Shakespeare times. The players will respond, we'll end up 7th or 8th, the caretaker will then get the job, and we'll pass over the chance to get a really decent manager. Not the way to go. 

For me, we either leave things as they are and just get to the end of the season, then go full to appoint someone properly, or we pay big money now to buy a manager from another club now.

14 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

What if it don't work and he sends us down? 

We need a experienced gaffer in, someone who knows the prem well and for me I feel Big Sam would suit us, might not play amazing beautiful football but I feel we need a good man manager and he is very good at that. 

Fat Sam? Why not Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes or David Moyes? (who I have read this morning has put his hat in the ring)

35 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

What was it about his performance as a Premiership manager that leads anyone to believe he'd be good for us? Many appear to just be snow blind because he's German and has a mate called Klopp. He did well in the Championship but so did Neil Warnock who out of the two has a better track record!

I agree. I wouldn’t go left field with our next managerial signing. 

• Like 1

Apples for the interim, then maybe we could snatch Jardim from Monaco in the summer. Maybe someone like Philip Cocu would be slightly more realistic.

I think Benitez is past it. No Pardew, Hughes, Moyes, Fat Sam etc, please. And no Rodgers either, the guy is is terrible, I saw few bits of that Liverpool documentary with him, I wouldn't want anyone like that anywhere near Leicester City players. He's so full of shit it's unbelievable. Still even him should be a considerable upgrade on Puel. At least he actually does talk to players in order to motivate them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Those saying Rodgers won't come here. He has little or no choice. There's no way a top 6 club takes him. Imagine the entitled fans outrage there. The best job he can get is probably Everton, West Ham, Newcastle and then probably us. We are the ones with the vacancy. 

Or he could stay at Celtic, move abroad or take a national team job. It's not as if he's desperate.

Let's not rush in, we should all calm down and wait for the summer, seems like all the usual suspects are throwing their hat in the ring, this morning just heard Moyes wants to get back to the Premier league. Seems like all the journalists on tv, radio and print media and throwing their suggestions around. 

Let's for now get a intrim manager until the end of of the season, for me it has to be Appleton who last time won both his games when he was in charge. 

I do apologise, but I am really struggling to see how Rodgers is as bad as some of you are trying to make out? So please do enlighten me....

He did a fantastic job at Swansea, guiding them to and keeping them in the PL, and he took Liverpool to within points of winning the title. For a manager with little background that was an impressive effort. And we can lock Celtic all we want, but he has achieved things with them that other managers have failed to do?

When I mentioned to my none Leicester supporting peers that I’d like Rodgers, they laugh. They all think he is far too good for us and wouldn’t ever consider joining us, so it’s amusing that certain pockets of fans have somehow decided he’s shite with little evidence to back it up, and believe he would be a complete failure here..... we need a sensible oppointment, Rodgers would be just that. 

Edited by La-li-lu-le-lo

I don't want an interim manager. Just puts us in a difficult situation if we end up finishing the season strongly. That's why I wanted us to wait until the summer to fire Puel. 

Hopefully a few interesting names make enquiries because I don't think Top and co will go chasing managers they don't know about.

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I don't think Rafa or Rodgers will come here. I reckon they both see us as too small a club and probably think they can do better.

I think we'll end up with Wagner.

None of the top six are going to appoint Rodgers, so if he wants to get back into the Premier League it would have to be at a club just below that. We have a good squad and lots of potential as a club - we'd be the perfect fit for him. He won't quit during the season though, so we'd have to wait until the summer.

Benitez would possibly be an outside contender for the Chelsea job when Sarri goes, but I don't think he'll get it. If he leaves Newcastle and wants to stay in the Premier League, I reckon he might be tempted by us.

6 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I also think we're not nearly attractive enough for Rodgers. Why should he leave the comfort of winning a one horse SPL title race and a guaranteed shot at Europe for our high hopes, ambitions and all too trying midtable struggles...

Of course we are attractive, new 100 million training ground on the horizon, do you think Rodgers would rather play against the likes of St Johnstone or Newcastle?

We are probably the best option outside of the Top 6, if he does well at Leicester City his stock would rise again, and would be a contender for a Top 4 team, its a win win for him. At Celtic its not testing for him.

7 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I also think we're not nearly attractive enough for Rodgers. Why should he leave the comfort of winning a one horse SPL title race and a guaranteed shot at Europe for our high hopes, ambitions and all too trying midtable struggles...

Because it's his only way of getting a shot at a top 6 job again. Doesn't matter what you do at Celtic, because if you win everything it's all that's expected and people won't give him a big job off the back of it. His only way of getting a crack a the sort of job you'd probably class as attractive in this league is stepping down a level and building his reputation up again.

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

None of the top six are going to appoint Rodgers, so if he wants to get back into the Premier League it would have to be at a club just below that. We have a good squad and lots of potential as a club - we'd be the perfect fit for him. He won't quit during the season though, so we'd have to wait until the summer.

Benitez would possibly be an outside contender for the Chelsea job when Sarri goes, but I don't think he'll get it. If he leaves Newcastle and wants to stay in the Premier League, I reckon he might be tempted by us.

Has Rodgers publicly stated he wants to get back into the Premier League?

If Ashley sells and Newcastle get a mega rich owner in, then maybe Benitez will be happy staying put.

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't want an interim manager. Just puts us in a difficult situation if we end up finishing the season strongly. That's why I wanted us to wait until the summer to fire Puel. 

Hopefully a few interesting names make enquiries because I don't think Top and co will go chasing managers they don't know about.

I am thinking the same. What are the chances of Mike Stowell doing a job until the end of the season. Just noticed he has odds of 5/1 (it says they have to be in charge for at least 10 competitive games and there are 11 left this season). Worth a punt.

Why hire someone now? Hire them in June. Unless the manager is already available now (e.g. Wagner).