Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Next Manager ....

42 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Another Brendan Rodgers mind reader :D

Hahahaa this was actually discussed by some pundits recently, think it might have been Michael Owen on BT but he way saying that Rodgers is determined to prove his qualities at the highest level and he can only do that in one of the top leagues.

• Like 1

Honestly with all of those three you’ve got managerial pedigree and experience of the premier league and I’d be fairly pleased with any of them, maybe Martinez the least because is teams are always pretty dog poo at the back and I’ve had enough of that here over the last 3/4 years (not withstanding the last 18 months ish and the title winning season). 

We’d be stupid to turn down Rafa if he wanted to come here, the bloke is a proven top class manager and we’d be very lucky to have him. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

This was written a week ago https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/laurent-blanc-plotting-premier-league-14000800 sometimes no smoke without fire. Wouldn't be the first time we have hired manager before they sacked the current one.

Probably do better with a top team rather than mid table motivator 

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

If it was about better finishing, with all the chances created, we'd have won our last few matches too and wouldn't be in this mess. So much for Aimiron, didn't see the match but if he was such an inspired signing you'd have thought he'd have got a couple of them. Benetez is just a Spanish big Sam and out of the two I'd prefer Sam.

Myth. Blocked shots fron miles out aren't chances. Spanish Big Sam with a trophy record like his? Very harsh.

I would find it hard to see Martinez leaving an international job to manage Leicester. Martinez is normally very loyal, I remember him turning down a lot of jobs when he was at Wigan but still stayed on for many years until they were relegated. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Martinez? Surely we will end up in the same position in 1-1/2 seasons as we are now... would prefer either Rodgers or Benitez over him, but disappointed if we don’t look a bit further afield 

We might get Tielemans on a permanent though

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I would find it hard to see Martinez leaving an international job to manage Leicester. Martinez is normally very loyal, I remember him turning down a lot of jobs when he was at Wigan but still stayed on for many years until they were relegated. 

I imagine it's hard to entice some managers when we've now got a reputation of never giving a manager time (or perhaps little patience for a bad run). There again that may be an attractive feature for certain managers if the contract is lucrative enough eg Mou.

Edited by SkidsFox
  • Like 2

I’d hope we are looking wider than just the usual managers who have Prem experience ie Moyes, Martinez etc. It’s a gamble but which managerial appointment isn’t a gamble. I’d hope our board are continually scouring the top 5 European leagues for possible future managers like players. However I don’t get the impression they do. 

I’d consider Gasperini from Atalanta or Giampaolo from Sampdoria. Both keen on bringing through young players and play attacking football. However I worry our players would struggle adapting to a manager from a league where there is much more tactical discipline. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

I’d hope we are looking wider than just the usual managers who have Prem experience ie Moyes, Martinez etc. It’s a gamble but which managerial appointment isn’t a gamble. I’d hope our board are continually scouring the top 5 European leagues for possible future managers like players. However I don’t get the impression they do. 

I’d consider Gasperini from Atalanta or Giampaolo from Sampdoria. Both keen on bringing through young players and play attacking football. However I worry our players would struggle adapting to a manager from a league where there is much more tactical discipline. 

Gasperini, huge shout. Doing wonders with Atalanta, based on huge work ethic plus a bit of flair. 

• Like 1

Its pretty bemusing to hear peoples opinion on the likes of Moyes/Allardyce/Hughes. They would probably have us where we are now as a bare minimum. Not saying they could take us to the next stage but it wouldn't be the end of the world. I think some people are way too impressionable because these managers are basically just memes now.

Of course we can probably do much better though

Personally I would like us to go a bit left field but I don't see our squad taking to it.

Edited by Walkers

24 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Myth. Blocked shots fron miles out aren't chances. Spanish Big Sam with a trophy record like his? Very harsh.

And here's the actual myth. Given everyone's obsessed with "since new year's Day" let's look at the xG for each game

City 0.96 - 1.58 Palace

Spurs 1.21 - 2.76 City 

City 1.75 - 1.45 Man Utd

Liverpool 0.55 - 1.09 City

Wolves 2.22 - 1.34 City

City 1.42 - 1.43 Southampton

So, better chances without question against Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs (even with the penalty, worth about 0.8). Worse than Wolves, and Palace & Southampton are skewed by the penalty, from open play we created better chances. Accept the penalty v palace and Soton, it's still a chance (albeit it not one you can put on as part of a game plan), we're talking about 8-10 points based on chance quality, where we actually took 1. It has been about finishing (and schoolboy keeping/defending), not just long range punts.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 3

I get the feeling our board will just go with the flow and go after Brendon, because that's what the 'The Sun' is telling them to do. 

Why can't they think out of the box and appoint some young up and coming manager from the continental leagues. 

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst from Feyenoord, Adolf Hutter or back home the German manager of Norwich Daniel Larke seems to be doing wonders with them. Or as some posters have said Gasperini or Giampaolo from the Italian league. 

12 minutes ago, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Que? Non comprende :ph34r: