Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patrick Roberts

14 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I've no idea what he's been doing this season but would hazard a guess he's been injured? 

On loan at Girona in La Liga for the full season. In that time, 4 starts in the league and 9 sub appearances as they got relegated.Couple months out with a hamstring injury from December, transfermarkt says he missed 13 games.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

On 28/02/2019 at 09:29, StriderHiryu said:

Probably a likely signing. We clearly made offers for the player last summer but he wasn't interested. After his indifferent season in Spain and the chance to be reunited with a coach that trusts him it's probably an arrangement that suits everyone. 

Will be interesting to see how the squad pans out though as we have Ghezzal, Albrighton and Gray who can play there. Ghezzal would be the player to move on but I don't think there would be too many takers for him.

Move Ghezzal on...cant we just cancel his contract and put it down to experience.!

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If signings like this or Ibe are made we can assume that targets weren't in place prior to Macia leaving and we should be very afraid. Smacks of lazy journalism or Project Congerbrenda is activated.

We were linked with him long before Rodgers, so I'd imagine he's someone we've watched and had an interest in for some time. Agree though, probably just noise at this stage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

If he's available for £4m as reported, then he's clearly worth a punt. Got to be better than Ghezzal.

But then just another young squad filler who will probably be sent out on loan then moved on could understand it if someone comes in for gray

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

£4m would be almost risk free ala Evans...

He's £4m for a reason, he'd be no better than Diabate I'd wager.

The lad has been on loan for a season at Girona who got relegated and he had 596 mins of football with zero goals or assists. He'd be an "almost free risk" signing who never got a game and clogged up a space in the squad whilst stealing a wage for a few years.

Evans was proven quality, Roberts has failed to live up to his title of the "English Messi". Let Man City palm him off elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

£4m would be almost risk free ala Evans...

4 mil? I can't believe Celtic aren't all over this. Not good enough for here. Feel sorry for him if this is all their asking. Talk about a blow to the ego.

I'd love Roberts back at Celtic but he's not of the standard required for Leicester and the EPL imo.  He wasn't always a first pick at Celtic.  He doesn't do enough going back the way and would be a luxury pretty much all teams outside the top 6 couldn't afford in terms of the defensive side of things.  Not saying he would ever get a game for the top 6 just that sometimes because of how dominant these teams are they can afford to carry a luxury player.

He's also pretty injury prone, struggled with hamstring injuries in his time with us and I read earlier on this thread he suffered with this again at Girona.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

We can do better than Ibe or Roberts there on par with Grey so it would be a waste of money.

Agree we can do better than both those guys but who is this Grey fellow? 

Edited by WarehamFox