Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Patrick Roberts

As I said in the Callum Wilson thread they'll be loads of these type of links now.

According to The Scottish Sun, new Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers wants Manchester City's Patrick Roberts having worked with him at Celtic.

Leicester appointed Rodgers as their new manager on Tuesday evening, landing the Northern Irishman as the replacement for Claude Puel.

Rodgers' swift exit from Celtic has shocked many, but he seemingly wanted to get in and see the Leicester squad ahead of making changes this summer.

Signings will be on his radar, and one of his former Celtic stars is allegedly a target – Manchester City winger Roberts.

The Scottish Sun report that Roberts could reunite with Rodgers at Leiccster in a £15million move this summer, having initially targeted him last summer.

Roberts, 22, has made just three appearances for City, but hit 18 goals in 79 games in a two-and-a-half-year loan spell with Celtic, of which 12 goals in 66 games were under Rodgers.

New Leicester City Manager Brendan Rodgers looks on during the Premier League match between Leicester City and Brighton & Hove Albion at King Power Stadium on February 26, 2019 in...

The Englishman's loan deal finally ended last summer and he headed on to Girona, but Rodgers admitted to The Scottish Sun that he'd have 'loved' for Roberts to stay at Celtic if possible.

Roberts has started just four games in La Liga this season and needs to settle down, so reuniting with Rodgers may be ideal as they look to recapture their Celtic magic.

Probably a likely signing. We clearly made offers for the player last summer but he wasn't interested. After his indifferent season in Spain and the chance to be reunited with a coach that trusts him it's probably an arrangement that suits everyone. 

Will be interesting to see how the squad pans out though as we have Ghezzal, Albrighton and Gray who can play there. Ghezzal would be the player to move on but I don't think there would be too many takers for him.

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No thanks... Go big or work with what we've got. How much better is he going to be than Ghezzal and Diabaté, realistically? Unless we're buying a really big quality/quality potential player who's internationally rated, I'd rather not

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

As I said in the Callum Wilson thread they'll be loads of these type of links now.

According to The Scottish Sun, new Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers wants Manchester City's Patrick Roberts having worked with him at Celtic.

Leicester appointed Rodgers as their new manager on Tuesday evening, landing the Northern Irishman as the replacement for Claude Puel.

Rodgers' swift exit from Celtic has shocked many, but he seemingly wanted to get in and see the Leicester squad ahead of making changes this summer.

Signings will be on his radar, and one of his former Celtic stars is allegedly a target – Manchester City winger Roberts.

The Scottish Sun report that Roberts could reunite with Rodgers at Leiccster in a £15million move this summer, having initially targeted him last summer.

Roberts, 22, has made just three appearances for City, but hit 18 goals in 79 games in a two-and-a-half-year loan spell with Celtic, of which 12 goals in 66 games were under Rodgers.

New Leicester City Manager Brendan Rodgers looks on during the Premier League match between Leicester City and Brighton & Hove Albion at King Power Stadium on February 26, 2019 in...

The Englishman's loan deal finally ended last summer and he headed on to Girona, but Rodgers admitted to The Scottish Sun that he'd have 'loved' for Roberts to stay at Celtic if possible.

Roberts has started just four games in La Liga this season and needs to settle down, so reuniting with Rodgers may be ideal as they look to recapture their Celtic magic.

I give little credence to reports like this.  Rogers has only been in post for a couple of days and has yet to oversee a PL match.  I doubt that he has yet been able to fully establish the current and potential strengths of all the squad players, which as a decent manager I would expect him to do before demanding replacements.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No thanks... Go big or work with what we've got. How much better is he going to be than Ghezzal and Diabaté, realistically? Unless we're buying a really big quality/quality potential player who's internationally rated, I'd rather not

When has this ever worked for us?

Edited by mancunianfox

22 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

When has this ever worked for us?

Well, if we do it intelligently (ie try them on a loan with an option to buy, or scout well like we have been doing recently) it shouldn't be a problem. Silva, Slimani, and Musa have been high profile failures, but it's not like all our future transfers that are big will fail by virtue of that happening. 

1 minute ago, MPH said:

can’t even get a regular game for Leuven now.

Even so, Kapustka is our player. Would sooner give him another chance with us under Rodgers than spend money on Roberts. That money could go elsewhere. Allow Rodgers to see all the players at his disposal first hand before we go spending money. Recall him, clean slate and see if Rodgers can get him playing. Their was a reason we went in for him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I have to agree with this. He’s injured currently but otherwise has down very little at Girona. You’d have to question his ability and attitude; I doubt he can offer more than what we’ve got.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is one of those rumours that just refuses to die.

It's only being linked because he played under Rodgers at Celtic, lazy journalism.

Edited by Xen