Sign in to follow this  
Stevosevic

Tielemans

Taken from https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/eight-reasons-leicester-city-havent-3015367

'Only Aston Villa (Wesley, £22m), Bournemouth (Lloyd Kelly, £13m), Manchester United (Daniel James, £15m), West Ham (Pablo Fornals, £24m) and Wolves (Raul Jimenez, £30m) have completed big-money deals so far.'

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

That is interesting considering clubs are close to coming back for pre season training soon.

However, unusually we do have quite a few international tournaments which maybe hindering progress for a few clubs. Nations League, under 21 tournament, Copa American and the African Nations. 

I think the tournaments are the biggest factor. I expect a rush of deals closing as nations bow out. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just rang his hotel in Turkey and got them to deliver him a hamper of beans

Swing vote secured :appl:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think the tournaments are the biggest factor. I expect a rush of deals closing as nations bow out. 

Let’s hope Belgium get knocked out of the women’s, the U21s, the Copa america and afcon soon :giggle:

Edited by LinekersApples

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

John Percy latest:

Leicester are continuing talks with Monaco over a potential deal for Youri Tielemans, who impressed on loan at the King Power Stadium over the second half of the season.

Monaco want around £40m for the Belgium international but Leicester are believed to be making progress in striking a deal.

Rodgers has been assured of major funds this summer in his bid to break the Premier League’s top six, after finishing the last campaign in ninth-place.

So no need to sell Maguire then? 

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

John Percy latest:

Leicester are continuing talks with Monaco over a potential deal for Youri Tielemans, who impressed on loan at the King Power Stadium over the second half of the season.

Monaco want around £40m for the Belgium international but Leicester are believed to be making progress in striking a deal.

Rodgers has been assured of major funds this summer in his bid to break the Premier League’s top six, after finishing the last campaign in ninth-place.

Is that proper John Percy or fake John Percy?

Since BT lost Serie A, Lyon were my favourite team to watch this year. Ndombele is quality. Good signing that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Since BT lost Serie A, Lyon were my favourite team to watch this year. Ndombele is quality. Good signing that. 

He reminds me a lot of Ndidi, with his similar defensive attributes.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not in anyway a Tielemans type player though is he. If they still need a player of that calibre then this signing won't stop them looking to bring someone else in, especially if Eriksen goes. Ndombele is a huge upgrade on Dier/Wanyama and more aggressive and all round a player than Winks, but creativity isnt his USP.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

£58m profit in one season... not bad lol

Similar profit to what we may get for Maguire

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not in anyway a Tielemans type player though is he. If they still need a player of that calibre then this signing won't stop them looking to bring someone else in, especially if Eriksen goes. Ndombele is a huge upgrade on Dier/Wanyama and more aggressive and all round a player than Winks, but creativity isnt his USP.

I mean, he's got a better footballing brain than Wilf but no I imagine they're still looking at Lo Celso to replace Eriksen if he goes no? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

So no need to sell Maguire then? 

It’s been documented that the club don’t need to sell Harry in order to finance this window. None of us know how much money we may potentially spend, but like I say all the ITK’s that I’ve seen comment on the situation, have stated there’s no need to sell to finance.

Obviously if an offer of £70m+ comes in the club are likely to accept because that’s an offer your going to struggle to refuse. Every player has a price tag. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, he's got a better footballing brain than Wilf but no I imagine they're still looking at Lo Celso to replace Eriksen if he goes no? 

I would imagine this would be there preferred target & I think Man U will go for Bruno Fernandes or Madders rather than Youri to be honest. 

I personally don't think anyone will seriously go for Maddison this window. The tabloids might claim they are but it'll be rubbish.

The noises coming out of both Maddison and the club plus our history of being stubborn aren't exactly going to encourage any club to bother. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I personally don't think anyone will seriously go for Maddison this window. The tabloids might claim they are but it'll be rubbish.

The noises coming out of both Maddison and the club plus our history of being stubborn aren't exactly going to encourage any club to bother. 

Exactly, hence why I think we will get Youri. I genuinely believe if Harry don’t go then no one goes.

Surely we cannot be strapped for cash after handing out Pension Top-Up contract extensions to Wes and Fuchsy?

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Surely we cannot be strapped for cash after handing out Pension Top-Up contract extensions to Wes and Fuchsy?

You could argue that given them another year indicates we're not so flush because the £100/£120k a week for the pair is far cheaper than going out and buying a better LB and CB.