Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

John Percy latest:

Leicester are continuing talks with Monaco over a potential deal for Youri Tielemans, who impressed on loan at the King Power Stadium over the second half of the season.

Monaco want around £40m for the Belgium international but Leicester are believed to be making progress in striking a deal.

Rodgers has been assured of major funds this summer in his bid to break the Premier League’s top six, after finishing the last campaign in ninth-place.

Is that proper John Percy or fake John Percy?

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Since BT lost Serie A, Lyon were my favourite team to watch this year. Ndombele is quality. Good signing that. 

He reminds me a lot of Ndidi, with his similar defensive attributes.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Since BT lost Serie A, Lyon were my favourite team to watch this year. Ndombele is quality. Good signing that. 

Not in anyway a Tielemans type player though is he. If they still need a player of that calibre then this signing won't stop them looking to bring someone else in, especially if Eriksen goes. Ndombele is a huge upgrade on Dier/Wanyama and more aggressive and all round a player than Winks, but creativity isnt his USP.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not in anyway a Tielemans type player though is he. If they still need a player of that calibre then this signing won't stop them looking to bring someone else in, especially if Eriksen goes. Ndombele is a huge upgrade on Dier/Wanyama and more aggressive and all round a player than Winks, but creativity isnt his USP.

I mean, he's got a better footballing brain than Wilf but no I imagine they're still looking at Lo Celso to replace Eriksen if he goes no? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

So no need to sell Maguire then? 

It’s been documented that the club don’t need to sell Harry in order to finance this window. None of us know how much money we may potentially spend, but like I say all the ITK’s that I’ve seen comment on the situation, have stated there’s no need to sell to finance.

Obviously if an offer of £70m+ comes in the club are likely to accept because that’s an offer your going to struggle to refuse. Every player has a price tag. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I mean, he's got a better footballing brain than Wilf but no I imagine they're still looking at Lo Celso to replace Eriksen if he goes no? 

I would imagine this would be there preferred target & I think Man U will go for Bruno Fernandes or Madders rather than Youri to be honest. 

I personally don't think anyone will seriously go for Maddison this window. The tabloids might claim they are but it'll be rubbish.

The noises coming out of both Maddison and the club plus our history of being stubborn aren't exactly going to encourage any club to bother. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I personally don't think anyone will seriously go for Maddison this window. The tabloids might claim they are but it'll be rubbish.

The noises coming out of both Maddison and the club plus our history of being stubborn aren't exactly going to encourage any club to bother. 

Exactly, hence why I think we will get Youri. I genuinely believe if Harry don’t go then no one goes.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Surely we cannot be strapped for cash after handing out Pension Top-Up contract extensions to Wes and Fuchsy?

You could argue that given them another year indicates we're not so flush because the £100/£120k a week for the pair is far cheaper than going out and buying a better LB and CB. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm staggered any top 6 club thinks Maddison is ready, certainly not £60-70m ready which it would take to get him. He needs another year or two at this level playing week in, week out. Got huge potential but nowhere near realised it all yet.

I think Spurs could be tempted, if any. Simply because they saw what happened with Delle, first hand. No one thought he was ready when they signed him. Granted, it was for a fraction of the price that Maddison cost, significantly lowering the risk. It could still tempt them into going for it because they got lucky before. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You could argue that given them another year indicates we're not so flush because the £100/£120k a week for the pair is far cheaper than going out and buying a better LB and CB. 

I'd hope they both took a pay cut considering fuchs is about to become our 3rd choice lb and Morgan is our 5th choice cb. Its possible neither play all season so paying them their full first teamer wages would be silly. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I think Spurs could be tempted, if any. Simply because they saw what happened with Delle, first hand. No one thought he was ready when they signed him. Granted, it was for a fraction of the price that Maddison cost, significantly lowering the risk. It could still tempt them into going for it because they got lucky before. 

Maybe so, I just think the time to buy him was last summer for the price we paid for him, knowing that he required a fair bit of work to get to the level he is capable of. I rate him but there's so much more to come from him and he is no way near worth what it would cost to get him right now if you expect to get value for money immediately. We have a few players like that and it puts us in a great position as we have the potential of a superb team that hopefully are allowed to get better together over the next 1-2 seasons.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I'd hope they both took a pay cut considering fuchs is about to become our 3rd choice lb and Morgan is our 5th choice cb. Its possible neither play all season so paying them their full first teamer wages would be silly. 

Theres definitely logic in that but I just cant see them earning less than 50k a week. Maybe Fuchs on 40 but wes in particular. He's our Captain. If I was him, I'd be pointing at guys like Nacho and saying "I'll take 50k or whatever he's on, thanks".

15 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Giving a chance at least to the expensive and much younger buys we made last summer would be an even more cost effective use of money.   Sentimentality holds back the future.