Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

According to The independent

United make £36m Tielemans offer (18th June)

Manchester United have reportedly made a £36m offer for Monaco midfielder Youri Tielemans.

Completely unfounded of course but it plays right into our hands surely If that's the best they can do. £25m plus Silva = deals done

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

According to The independent

United make £36m Tielemans offer (18th June)

Manchester United have reportedly made a £36m offer for Monaco midfielder Youri Tielemans.

Completely unfounded of course but it plays right into our hands surely If that's the best they can do. £25m plus Silva = deals done

So Silva is worth more than £11m? (Maybe to Monaco to be honest) :huh:

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So Silva is worth more than £11m? (Maybe to Monaco to be honest) :huh:

We reportedly paid £22m. just because he didn't fit into our system/league doesn't make him a bad player. OK so he is a couple of years older but by all accounts he has been turning it on for Monaco and is well liked there. £15+M is not an unreasonable price and their initial valuation of YT was around the £40m.  Many on here seem so desperate to get rid of Silva that they are happy to let him go at any price as long as we get YT.  I actually think he may well be the key to the whole thing and Monaco, whilst possibly holding out to see if a higher bid comes in may find that they are cutting their own nose to spite their face if they do try to sell elsewhere cos we will simply raise the price for Silva if they don't play ball (that is of course assuming Silva wants to go there and YT does not opt to go elsewhere himself)

Edited by urban fox

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Silva. 

Yes, I reckon Silva will be back and part of the picture if Tielemans doesn't sign.  But there will be at least one more creative MF in the mix too, like McGregor (who we might sign even if Youri does come back).

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Yes, I reckon Silva will be back and part of the picture if Tielemans doesn't sign.  But there will be at least one more creative MF in the mix too, like McGregor (who we might sign even if Youri does come back).

Can't see it myself, isn't up to the pace or physicality of the PL.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sdb said:

Crap, that's a pretty reputable source.

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

They were rehashing the crap from the Star earlier about Maguire, so don't take this too seriously.

I wouldn't particularly take too much serious until Kristoff Terreur or John Percy tweet something 

46 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Then we are in for a disappointing season, because Silva is no where good enough for the premier league

• Like 1

Im sure United are just spouting shit to the press to try and make it look like they are signing top players when realistically they are probably doing **** all until they can offload some of the crap in their squad and bring the wage bill down. They may be the richest club in the world but the loss of champions league money will hurt them. Really cant see them spending massive unless they can get rid of Pogba.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

He isn't, but he is tried and tested in our team.  We have seen that he is the key to getting the best out of Vardy, Wilf and Maddison.  He has the perfect chemistry with the team and since he came in, only Liverpool and Man City got more points than us.  Tielemans is one the most highly rated young midfielders in Europe and really should be at a bigger club than Leicester, but somehow we're in with a chance.  That's why this is such a crucial signing.

Other midfielders are available of course, but who's to say they won't flop like Silva, Iborra and Inler.

You can roll the dice if you want but we won't get anyone better.

Who did you have in mind?

Close but no cigar…. Iborra was ok!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, he was OK.

The point I was making was about the quality of some of our other midfield signings, Iborra being a case in point.  If we can't get Tielemans are we happy with OK?

Mendy is OK.  A happy meal is OK.  

Carol Vorderman was OK, but I want the full Rachel! 

I agreed entirely with every other point you made and the way you made those points (hence the rep!)…. Tielemans is a once in a <insert long period of time here> opportunity to get a young and gifted player who has potential to become even better…. He slots into our team like a key into a nicely greased lock…!

If we only got him this summer I’d be over the moon!  I must check this thread 3 times a day!

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

No way we finish in the top 10 this season if that’s the case imo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Close but no cigar…. Iborra was ok!

Yeah I thought the same. He played well for a few months including the run where we beat spurs at the KP. Unfortunately it wasn't enough or consistent and he didn't suit. 

33 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Yeah I thought the same. He played well for a few months including the run where we beat spurs at the KP. Unfortunately it wasn't enough or consistent and he didn't suit. 

Blame Suzie the Fox for draining him of his energy on 6 nights of the week! 

• Haha 1