Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

41 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hate all football forumisms like that calling Nottingham forest - florist. Derby Dierby. Someone called Pogba pogfart on another thread cringey un funny shite of the highest order.

That's so bad/weird that it's genuinely made me laugh.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

'99 Final was bad. Especially at the top of Wembley way with Spurs hitting women but thats another story. 

A key reason I dislike them as much as I do. My brother was at that game and it ended up being the last he ever went to - he was 9 years old and seeing the Spurs thugs doing their thing on Wembley Way put him off footy for good.:angry:

(Still, Dad then tried to get me into it in his place and the rest is history to be fair) :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I dislike Spurs for entirely non LCFC reasons. 

Poch is the new Wenger, he's fundamentally dishonest and has an excuse for everything. Kane is an immensely arrogant and self interested footballer, most of the stuff he comes out with is about him and his individual records first and the team second.

Son is frequently made out to be the likeable Spurs player but he's the worst diver on the team, he throws himself to the ground waving his arms around with his sad puppy dog eyes at the ref whenever anyone gets near him. 

Dele Alli shouldn't require any explanation. 

Then there's the ridiculous media obsession with them, wanking themselves to death because they play reasonably attacking football with a few British players. Hoddle, Murphy and Jenas being the obvious worst. 

Then there's their fans. I don't hate them because of 15/16, it's just that 15/16 have me exposure to them. I'd never even thought much about Spurs fans before but then I saw Fighting Cock and Spurs twitter, reddit etc. Lots of fans get called delusional on the internet and it's often unfair (Newcastle fans for example, I think they mostly know they're just a mid table club) and I appreciate every club has moron fans (this place must look awful to outsiders at times) but, Christ, Spurs surely have the highest % of mouth breathers. 

I should caveat this by saying I could have a similar rant about half the clubs in the league. I don't really like anyone other than Leicester. I don't consider any of them rivals, I'm well aware it's my own personal pettiness and resentment. I just hate everything quite easily. 

Definitely this.

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If this is the case, it's astounding we wouldn't cash in on Maguire. £65m might seem low to some but it really isn't if we have ample cover for losing him and that money could be used to strengthen the team overall. £100m, even £80m is daft money and would only be envisaged if we really, really didn't want to sell him nor really need the money. I have been suspicious that we are suddenly going to spend £75-100m this window without selling someone for decent money but i'm also highly surprised if we haven't got more than £40-50m at our disposal that we wouldn't look to strategically cash in on Maguire and strengthen obvious weak areas. It will be goals created and scored that give us a chance of sneaking top 6, we won't get there by maintaining the same defence as this team is much more comfortable playing on the front foot, likewise that's how Rodgers teams are successful. He's not a pragmatic manager, he won't pinch 1-0's and shit house.

Spot on and I agree with everything you have said and feel that is best way to progress to keep us in the black and naturally progress. To play devil's advocate, the only argument really in terms of revenue is if we decide to take a year of heavier spending this summer knowing that it is likely that all the vultures will be back next summer and one/two might leave and we will make well over 100m and make up for a loss this year. It is risky and goes against the modus operandi but if we went big on a winger who can play up top for 35m ish like sarr, malcom or chukwesze and he got us to top 6 with youri and slabhead, then it would be worth taking the hit when man u are a farce, Chelsea have a year off and arsenal have no money. If it doesn't work, then sell a couple of players, have cheaper options lined up next year and we go back to selling one player and replacing with 2/3 prospects. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Spot on and I agree with everything you have said and feel that is best way to progress to keep us in the black and naturally progress. To play devil's advocate, the only argument really in terms of revenue is if we decide to take a year of heavier spending this summer knowing that it is likely that all the vultures will be back next summer and one/two might leave and we will make well over 100m and make up for a loss this year. It is risky and goes against the modus operandi but if we went big on a winger who can play up top for 35m ish like sarr, malcom or chukwesze and he got us to top 6 with youri and slabhead, then it would be worth taking the hit when man u are a farce, Chelsea have a year off and arsenal have no money. If it doesn't work, then sell a couple of players, have cheaper options lined up next year and we go back to selling one player and replacing with 2/3 prospects. 

I think you underestimate the amount of money King Power has at its disposal, they have numerous money making ventures, one being horse racing, and they just won the final race at Ascot last-week. I simply think its because Maguire is a vital part to the club and not just on the pitch, but commercially he represents the best of what England has as a defender. Keeping our best players is more important than anything really. If the club want to be like the Spurs and slowly maintaining a squad and competing for top 3. Referencing Spurs makes me throw up but its true.

Making us every player wants to dream of playing for. like the Man Utds/Citys

Edited by Simoken

19 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I kind of agree. However, one fly in the ointment is that if we actually  go on to win a cup/top 6 we then have European football, have shown everyone that we are definitely a club with ambition on the up. What if no-one then actually wants to leave? We still have a huge hole in the finances. Unless we get CL again and all the dosh that generates we will not be able continue to strengthen and eventually will be left with an ageing squad and another total re-build job.  Just cannot see them spending cash that they do not have or borrowings that they cannot service.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I think you underestimate the amount of money King Power has at its disposal, they have numerous money making ventures, one being horse racing, and they just won the final race at Ascot last-week. I simply think its because Maguire is a vital part to the club and not just on the pitch, but commercially he represents the best of what England has as a defender. Keeping our best players is more important than anything really. If the club want to be like the Spurs and slowly maintaining a squad and competing for top 3. Referencing Spurs makes me throw up but its true.

No one dreams of playing for Man City apart from Man City fans. Pep and £££££££ is the lure to the Etihad.

Just now, urban fox said:

I kind of agree. However, one fly in the ointment is that if we actually  go on to win a cup/top 6 we then have European football, have shown everyone that we are definitely a club with ambition on the up. What if no-one then actually wants to leave? We still have a huge hole in the finances. Unless we get CL again and all the dosh that generates we will not be able continue to strengthen and eventually will be left with an ageing squad and another total re-build job.  Just cannot see them spending cash that they do not have or borrowings that they cannot service.

Yeah you are spot on, which is why personally I am all for the sell a player a season and reinvest that money for 2/3 players. It's the way that most teams work and how they progress.

The only real argument against what you are saying is even if we did have a wonder season and get into the top 6, I severely doubt that at least one of our players would not still want to move on, we won the title and kante and mahrez were still desperate to get out the door. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Poch is the new Wenger, he's fundamentally dishonest and has an excuse for everything. Kane is an immensely arrogant and self interested footballer, most of the stuff he comes out with is about him and his individual records first and the team second.

Son is frequently made out to be the likeable Spurs player but he's the worst diver on the team, he throws himself to the ground waving his arms around with his sad puppy dog eyes at the ref whenever anyone gets near him. 

Then there's the ridiculous media obsession with them, wanking themselves to death because they play reasonably attacking football with a few British players. Hoddle, Murphy and Jenas being the obvious worst. 

Then there's their fans. I don't hate them because of 15/16, it's just that 15/16 have me exposure to them. I'd never even thought much about Spurs fans before but then I saw Fighting Cock and Spurs twitter, reddit etc. Lots of fans get called delusional on the internet and it's often unfair (Newcastle fans for example, I think they mostly know they're just a mid table club) and I appreciate every club has moron fans (this place must look awful to outsiders at times) but, Christ, Spurs surely have the highest % of mouth breathers. 

I should caveat this by saying I could have a similar rant about half the clubs in the league. I don't really like anyone other than Leicester. I don't consider any of them rivals, I'm well aware it's my own personal pettiness and resentment. I just hate everything quite easily. 

Imagine if this was posted on the Fighting Cock forum..:D

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

In short... 

They're verm............

• Haha 1

Just now, WarehamFox said:

I’m confused, I keep trying to enter the Tielemans thread and keep getting directed to a “ I hate Spurs” thread. What have I missed? 

Spurs are buying Tielemans for £2.50, some Levy schenanigans. A tide of abuse to Spurs has resulted. :protest:

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Difficult to disagree with any of that. However, I am tempted to say a point is being made to the vultures, to get them to do their own job/scouting properly, rather than see someone who their club (Leicester in this case) took a gamle on, which paid off, and then lump on and buy the ready made product.

Selling Harry seems only likely at around the VVD price, which for that we could get a new CB (Dunk say) and the wide man (Maybe Sarr), would be better off? I think yes (potentially) and have a few quid left.

Again though, the big boys win, they get their man, and their way of operating persists. I am actually slightly surprised that Palace sold AWB, but can see the logic in it. (But 50m for AWB is a p*ss take anyway, far more than 75m for Harry)

This may be part of it, I agree. 

Selling Maguire to Man City the summer after selling them Mahrez would start to set a worrying precedent. 

To the outside world we’d start to look very much like a feeder club for them and I can see why we want to avoid that. 

37 minutes ago, Simoken said:

This isn't being underestimated at all, but the amount of money King Power have as an enterprise and their worth doesn't mean they can pump in as much money as they see fit, they haven't done that for years and since FFP has been much more of a requirement. The only thing they could do is chuff up all the money for the new training ground, something that doesn't appear to be happening, but could in the longer term. There's still precious little evidence that we'll spend big this summer without cashing in on a player or two, history shows this and the numbers don't compute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This isn't being underestimated at all, but the amount of money King Power have as an enterprise and their worth doesn't mean they can pump in as much money as they see fit, they haven't done that for years and since FFP has been much more of a requirement. The only thing they could do is chuff up all the money for the new training ground, something that doesn't appear to be happening, but could in the longer term. There's still precious little evidence that we'll spend big this summer without cashing in on a player or two, history shows this and the numbers don't compute.

Boring - yes, sensible? Very. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

King Power =/= LCFC. 

It doesn't matter the wealth they have, it matters how much of it they want to invest in the club. They've always seemed to strive to keep the club running as a self sufficient, intelligently handled business and not just a vanity project pissing cash away. 

They also can't directly pump cash in to the club to pay for wages and transfer fees.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Selling Maguire to Man City the summer after selling them Mahrez would start to set a worrying precedent. 

It's been happening ever since we won the league. The precedent is there. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They also can't directly pump cash in to the club to pay for wages and transfer fees.

If I’m not mistaken, they could have directly funded the training ground infrastructure, leaving the Mahrez/TV money to pay for players, but chose not to. Not that I have any problem with that.

• Like 2