Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

If I’m not mistaken, they could have directly funded the training ground infrastructure, leaving the Mahrez/TV money to pay for players, but chose not to. Not that I have any problem with that.

Exactly, now should we run in to financial trouble and can't pay for the training ground and stadium expansion out of the revenue the club makes then they'd be able to step in if needs be but if this were to happen it would likely mean we've little available money for transfers anyway.

I think there is probably room for taking a few chances this summer and kicking the debt of the transfers down the road for a year in the hope we achieve European football, but if it were significant we'd need CL football as opposed to Europa League and even after winning the league and tasting recent success in it we can't seriously think that's achievable next season for a business perspective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hate all football forumisms like that calling Nottingham forest - florist. Derby Dierby. Someone called Pogba pogfart on another thread cringey un funny shite of the highest order.

Arsenhole still makes me snigger

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hate all football forumisms like that calling Nottingham forest - florist. Derby Dierby. Someone called Pogba pogfart on another thread cringey un funny shite of the highest order.

Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous isn't it.

It's clearly Pogbarf.

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agree, cannot fathom the hatred for Spurs from some on here. We beat them to the title a few years ago, they never really came that close, their fans were a little arrogant but can't blame them - they'd have taken a title chase with us as the competition at the start of the season. And we won it, so who the **** cares?

Because football did not exist previous to our prem win did it? 

If life was that simple. 

Verminous Spuds may upset some as well. But being told I can't hate a bunch of back stabbing women beating cvnts pisses me off. 

For a little advice to anyone. If comments about spuds hurts that much use your block button. 

It really is that simple. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

You lot keep getting me excited, I see lots of new pages and click in anticipation, turns out it’s just you lot talking poppycock about some jibber jabber nonsense.

Yep this thread will be closed very soon. Hopefully because we've signed him rather than because its turning into a load of absolute nonsense! Im sure people cant be arsed looking for the correct thead to comment in so just click on the 1st thread, which happens to be Tielemans and just write any old shite! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

The problem with this thread there is actually maybe on 40 pages worth on tielemans the rest is stupid shite

40???? GTFO lol

You could get everything useful on 1 page.

Close it, the banter-fest is wearing thin.

56 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

You lot keep getting me excited, I see lots of new pages and click in anticipation, turns out it’s just you lot talking poppycock about some jibber jabber nonsense.

Uh oh folks. It’s that time again when we need to keep Sheppy from getting over excited! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's been happening ever since we won the league. The precedent is there. 

I meant more in terms of selling a top player to the same club in consecutive summer windows. 

And yes, I know this is exactly what happened with Kante and Drinkwater, but I think that was slightly different because Kante had a release clause so the decision to sell was taken out of our hands. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This isn't being underestimated at all, but the amount of money King Power have as an enterprise and their worth doesn't mean they can pump in as much money as they see fit, they haven't done that for years and since FFP has been much more of a requirement. The only thing they could do is chuff up all the money for the new training ground, something that doesn't appear to be happening, but could in the longer term. There's still precious little evidence that we'll spend big this summer without cashing in on a player or two, history shows this and the numbers don't compute.

Exactly this. 

The KP money is entirely different to the football clubs money. It's nice to know they are minted and unlikely to walk away anytime soon.

And they are investing were they can, the training ground, the planned expansion to help us at least compete.

But unless they want a knock on the door from the FA or UEFA sometime soon they can't get additional funds into the club coffers. They can't all of a sudden pay 17x the market value for our kit deal and ground naming rights.

If anything we should be glad they converted that debt into shares before we got promoted. I still think the football league would love to have got us on FFP but realised they had missed a loop hole we exploited and our owners could afford better lawyers lol

We like most clubs are having to be or trying to be self sufficient which is a good thing our model will have to include trying to get things right in terms of recruitment. Buying Harry and selling him for 5x more is going to happen on a regular basis unless we can offer CL football year on year.

Right now we have all the big clubs looking at what about half our squad. We could make 350 million if you believed all the rumours. That's not bad going for a club our size. Shows we are getting things right. It's not ideal but it's how football works.

As someone else said no one grew up wanting to play for man city but now they have money and PEP, he goes man city doesn't become quite the attraction it is now.

All clubs and that includes Liverpool and United sell when Barca and Real come calling. It's the football pecking order.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Pogfart. Hahaha hahaha. 

Oh my god.... Thats ****ing hilarious.... Anyone who disagrees is either dead or wrong 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't believe we need to sell to get players in? We are not short of cash that`s for sure but we would need to sell for ffp reasons!

I thought that when Rodgers turned up the rumour was that he would be given £200m to spend in the summer and that the owners want us to finish in the top 6.

We wont finish no where near by just adding Tielemans and Justin, it`s my understanding that there will be 5 new arrivals...

Slimani, Mendy, King, James, Ghezzal and Gray all have to be moved on for me, and whilst we`re about it if Maguire wants to leave to then let it happen....

2 minutes ago, W88DY said:

I don't believe we need to sell to get players in? We are not short of cash that`s for sure but we would need to sell for ffp reasons!

I thought that when Rodgers turned up the rumour was that he would be given £200m to spend in the summer and that the owners want us to finish in the top 6.

We wont finish no where near by just adding Tielemans and Justin, it`s my understanding that there will be 5 new arrivals...

Slimani, Mendy, King, James, Ghezzal and Gray all have to be moved on for me, and whilst we`re about it if Maguire wants to leave to then let it happen....

Hahahaha £200m. Our yearly revenue before any overheads and costs is only about £150m. How do fans believe shit like this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaha £200m. Our yearly revenue before any overheads and costs is only about £150m. How do fans believe shit like this?

Nice thought though! Why do fans believe this shit more like? Why was it put out there in the first place.....

Surely you would bring in around the £150m mark if we moved on the players I listed? Lets be fair apart from Maguire the other 5 don't exactly get you off ya seat.

• Like 1