Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Is that opinion or information sylo?

A little of both. JJ from Luton and YT is our transfer budget without out goings. Unless Top decides to put in. Then it's the £100m loss FFP rule. 

26 minutes ago, string the Eskimo said:

Someone's been to the same school of economics as Diane Abbott I see?

Well given that the past few seasons spending has been funding by the departures of Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez....I'd say Sylo's foundation for his opinion is sound. 

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

If we get YT our budgets spent. The only way we get proven players in is to sell. 

Thanks for the info, definitely fits in with what we have previously had to do. Presume if maguire stays, we will be looking at offloading the likes of gray, ghezzel, mendy and even one of benkovic/soyuncu to get players in for the positions that Rodgers wants? 

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

If we get YT our budgets spent. The only way we get proven players in is to sell. 

Getting JJ and YT would be a good window, then if someone leaves, we replace them/invest elsewhere.

Must admit, I had hoped we would address the issue of a striker/inside forward (right) mind, but we need to be sustainable and not just go all Slimani/Musa/Silva/etc/etc in the window.

Me too.

But I don’t understand why people a) Call them Spuds and b) Describe them as verminous.

They haven’t been particularly successful to want to bring them down such as Man U or Chelsea and other than a League cup final defeat, I am unable to recall anything that they have done to annoy us.

Am I missing something?  

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agree, cannot fathom the hatred for Spurs from some on here. We beat them to the title a few years ago, they never really came that close, their fans were a little arrogant but can't blame them - they'd have taken a title chase with us as the competition at the start of the season. And we won it, so who the **** cares?

The reason why I strongly dislike Spurs is based on a Sky interview where a "fan" said that Spurs should win the title because of their "heritage".  **** off. :revenge:

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agree, cannot fathom the hatred for Spurs from some on here. We beat them to the title a few years ago, they never really came that close, their fans were a little arrogant but can't blame them - they'd have taken a title chase with us as the competition at the start of the season. And we won it, so who the **** cares?

I think a few have a distaste for them based on historical stuff, relating to the cup final (99 was it?) - I don’t actually have a problem with the hatred. I hate certain teams which are nowhere near us geographically. I think some people like to shout the loudest about how much they hate them though, which is by the by, it’s annoying but meh, public forum isn’t It, say what you like and what not (within reason!). 

Its just that phrase. It irks me - it winds me up no end and I must see it about 5 times a day when scrolling through various threads. Spuds man. ****ing spuds, it makes me angry typing it lol 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I think a few have a distaste for them based on historical stuff, relating to the cup final (99 was it?) - I don’t actually have a problem with the hatred. I hate certain teams which are nowhere near us geographically. I think some people like to shout the loudest about how much they hate them though, which is by the by, it’s annoying but meh, public forum isn’t It, say what you like and what not (within reason!). 

Its just that phrase. It irks me - it winds me up no end and I must see it about 5 times a day when scrolling through various threads. Spuds man. ****ing spuds, it makes me angry typing it lol 

'99 Final was bad. Especially at the top of Wembley way with Spurs hitting women but thats another story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

'99 Final was bad. Especially at the top of Wembley way with Spurs hitting women but thats another story. 

Yeah I’ve heard the stories. I didn’t mean to de-rail another thread in to talking about Spurs, I just couldn’t take it any longer i had to say something! lol 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Getting JJ and YT would be a good window, then if someone leaves, we replace them/invest elsewhere.

Must admit, I had hoped we would address the issue of a striker/inside forward (right) mind, but we need to be sustainable and not just go all Slimani/Musa/Silva/etc/etc in the window.

I'd still feel we are short on quality in wide areas, if we what to improve we need a quality wide player IMO

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd still feel we are short on quality in wide areas, if we what to improve we need a quality wide player IMO

I do not disagree, but to get that quality addition, if we cannot generate the requisite cash from sales, then we should defer it until cash is available, rather than splurge the cash we don`t have on this wide addition. (Slippy slope otherwise, as we cannot "magically generate" captial a'la Man City, or have the world wide audience to bloat our bank balance like Man Utd)

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do not disagree, but to get that quality addition, if we cannot generate the requisite cash from sales, then we should defer it until cash is available, rather than splurge the cash we don`t have on this wide addition. (Slippy slope otherwise, as we cannot "magically generate" captial a'la Man City, or have the world wide audience to bloat our bank balance like Man Utd)

If this is the case, it's astounding we wouldn't cash in on Maguire. £65m might seem low to some but it really isn't if we have ample cover for losing him and that money could be used to strengthen the team overall. £100m, even £80m is daft money and would only be envisaged if we really, really didn't want to sell him nor really need the money. I have been suspicious that we are suddenly going to spend £75-100m this window without selling someone for decent money but i'm also highly surprised if we haven't got more than £40-50m at our disposal that we wouldn't look to strategically cash in on Maguire and strengthen obvious weak areas. It will be goals created and scored that give us a chance of sneaking top 6, we won't get there by maintaining the same defence as this team is much more comfortable playing on the front foot, likewise that's how Rodgers teams are successful. He's not a pragmatic manager, he won't pinch 1-0's and shit house.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If this is the case, it's astounding we wouldn't cash in on Maguire. £65m might seem low to some but it really isn't if we have ample cover for losing him and that money could be used to strengthen the team overall. £100, even £80m is daft money and would only be envisaged if we really, really didn't want to sell him nor really need the money. I have been suspicious that we are suddenly going to spend £75-100m this window without selling someone for decent money but i'm also highly surprised if we haven't got more than £40-50m at our disposal that we wouldn't look to strategically cash in on Maguire and strengthen obvious weak areas. It will be goals created and scored that give us a chance of sneaking top 6, we won't get there by maintaining the same defence as this team is much more comfortable playing on the front foot, likewise that's how Rodgers teams are successful. He's not a pragmatic manager, he won't pinch 1-0's and shit house.

Difficult to disagree with any of that. However, I am tempted to say a point is being made to the vultures, to get them to do their own job/scouting properly, rather than see someone who their club (Leicester in this case) took a gamle on, which paid off, and then lump on and buy the ready made product.

Selling Harry seems only likely at around the VVD price, which for that we could get a new CB (Dunk say) and the wide man (Maybe Sarr), would be better off? I think yes (potentially) and have a few quid left.

Again though, the big boys win, they get their man, and their way of operating persists. I am actually slightly surprised that Palace sold AWB, but can see the logic in it. (But 50m for AWB is a p*ss take anyway, far more than 75m for Harry)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hate all football forumisms like that calling Nottingham forest - florist. Derby Dierby. Someone called Pogba pogfart on another thread cringey un funny shite of the highest order.

Pogfart I’m ****ing creasing lol 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Dele Alli shouldn't require any explanation. 

Then there's the ridiculous media obsession with them, wanking themselves to death because they play reasonably attacking football with a few British players. Hoddle, Murphy and Jenas being the obvious worst. 

These two right here. I honestly can’t fathom why Alli gets his own advertising deal with BT - he’s not that special, and he’s never achieved anything. It’s purely because he plays for Spurs who are London based. That’s it. And don’t get me started on him being referred to as Dele. Pass the ****ing sick bucket.