Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

United are a train wreck of a club. Why any kid would want to be part of that mess is beyond me. 

Terrible morale, squad in turmoil awful manager, no champions league, ridiculous expectations. 

All they can really offer him is more £ in endorsements and if that's really what drives him as a footballer then I'd probably rather him go there. 

We're probably one of the top 5 clubs in Europe for a player of his age to sign for right now to learn, develop, build their reputation and their confidence, get some experience and move on. 

A twenty year old could come here, see out a full contract with Rodgers and still be heading off to a big Champions League club before their prime. 

I don't think people should under estimate what this current project has to offer a young player with his head properly screwed on. 

Very much agree with this post, but branding Solskjær as an "awful manager" is a tad harsh.

23 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

It is an excellent post Finnegan but I can’t help think we could probably offer him £80k a week and no champions league where as Utd could probably offer £120k a week and no champions league, it’s basically the same job at a different work place even if they are in turmoil. They still finished above us and he’ll get more global exposure there with their worldwide fan base and he’d get to play in front of 72,000 every other week. Sometimes it’s easy to forget this is their job and if I was offered nearly double my wages to do the same thing elsewhere even though I like my work mates I’d jump ship in a second .

Your logic works if he's going to be playing every week in a harmonious, happy squad with good morale, great coaches, a clear direction of how they want to play, a patient audience and similar minded team mates. 

They're all of the things that are actually important to developing good young players. He needs to be starting every week now, he needs to be the man, he needs to be growing in confidence and getting coached to grow as a player. He's not a seventeen year old who'll thrive just by being in and around the senior pros. 

He'll get none of what he actually needs at United. 

Bayern? Yeah definitely. They tell him he's going to start every week with James going back and Thiago largely unpopular, he's off in a heart beat. I wouldn't go near United with a barge pole if I was a player his age now. 

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Very much agree with this post, but branding Solskjær as an "awful manager" is a tad harsh.

It is, yes, it's harsh on managers everywhere. Good point, I'm sorry. 

I'll amend: an awful cheerleader recruited as a sentimental token gesture to win back popularity with a fanbase completely stuck in the past and unable to let go of SAF. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll amend: an awful cheerleader, a sentimental token gesture to win back popularity with a fanbase completely stuck in the past and unable to let go of SAF. 

They've been granted permission to talk to Steve Bruce?

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Your logic works if he's going to be playing every week in a harmonious, happy squad with good morale, great coaches, a clear direction of how they want to play, a patient audience and similar minded team mates. 

They're all of the things that are actually important to developing good young players. He needs to be starting every week now, he needs to be the man, he needs to be growing in confidence and getting coached to grow as a player. He's not a seventeen year old who'll thrive just by being in and around the senior pros. 

He'll get none of what he actually needs at United. 

Bayern? Yeah definitely. They tell him he's going to start every week with James going back and Thiago largely unpopular, he's off in a heart beat. I wouldn't go near United with a barge pole if I was a player his age now. 

It is, yes, it's harsh on managers everywhere. Good point, I'm sorry. 

I'll amend: an awful cheerleader recruited as a sentimental token gesture to win back popularity with a fanbase completely stuck in the past and unable to let go of SAF. 

Sentiment should never, ever play a part in managerial appointments. When faced with the possibility of appointing a former player as manager, all clubs should ask: would we seriously consider him if he hadn't played with us? If the answer is no, walk away. It's a simple as that, yet so many clubs still fall into the trap. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

They've been granted permission to talk to Steve Bruce?

Steve Bruce is a better manager than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. 

I like Ole a lot, I liked him as a player, I like him as a football personality. He's a shit coach. They absolutely bottled recruitment, they should never have given him a contract before this season ended and they 100% regret it now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I like Ole a lot, I liked him as a player, I like him as a football personality. He's a shit coach. They absolutely bottled recruitment, they should never have given him a contract before this season ended and they 100% regret it now. 

Harsh, but there may be some truth in the above. I'll reserve judgement until he's weeded out some of the poison but theres a hell of a rebuilding job on his hands and a crazy amount of expectancy in a climate where there's a few teams edging toward competing for the top six.

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Every bit as poor as Shakespeare as a manager, there's just zero experience or magic to stop the rot and that's what both Shakespeare was facing with us and Ole is facing at Utd. The problem is at Utd the turmoil runs deep and they are all over the place, they also are a wounded animal with pride taking a beating and I can see them being like Liverpool and going 30 years or more before their next title win. Quite staggering when you look back at Ferguson's reign but that's what happens when someone is so influential and successful for so long, how do you even begin to carry that on or even try and rebuild. They have to get a manager on a par with Guardiola, but i'm not so sure if there is one. Zidane was probably their best chance and it didn't happen, I wonder if that was ever a viable option? If it was and they opted against it as some weird loyalty to Ole then that is astonishing hahahaaa.

1 hour ago, Mint23 said:

It is an excellent post Finnegan but I can’t help think we could probably offer him £80k a week and no champions league where as Utd could probably offer £120k a week and no champions league, it’s basically the same job at a different work place even if they are in turmoil. They still finished above us and he’ll get more global exposure there with their worldwide fan base and he’d get to play in front of 72,000 every other week. Sometimes it’s easy to forget this is their job and if I was offered nearly double my wages to do the same thing elsewhere even though I like my work mates I’d jump ship in a second .

Exactly ..  they may be sh1te but they still finished above us !!    add a big monetary incentive and the usual 'we will build the team around you' crap and it may just have enough pull for Youri and Harry ...   I hope not ...   :fc:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

United are a train wreck of a club. Why any kid would want to be part of that mess is beyond me. 

Terrible morale, squad in turmoil awful manager, no champions league, ridiculous expectations. 

All they can really offer him is more £ in endorsements and if that's really what drives him as a footballer then I'd probably rather him go there. 

We're probably one of the top 5 clubs in Europe for a player of his age to sign for right now to learn, develop, build their reputation and their confidence, get some experience and move on. 

A twenty year old could come here, see out a full contract with Rodgers and still be heading off to a big Champions League club before their prime. 

I don't think people should under estimate what this current project has to offer a young player with his head properly screwed on. 

Naive.

99% of footballers would choose Manure over Leicester even now.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Every bit as poor as Shakespeare as a manager, there's just zero experience or magic to stop the rot and that's what both Shakespeare was facing with us and Ole is facing at Utd. The problem is at Utd the turmoil runs deep and they are all over the place, they also are a wounded animal with pride taking a beating and I can see them being like Liverpool and going 30 years or more before their next title win. Quite staggering when you look back at Ferguson's reign but that's what happens when someone is so influential and successful for so long, how do you even begin to carry that on or even try and rebuild. They have to get a manager on a par with Guardiola, but i'm not so sure if there is one. Zidane was probably their best chance and it didn't happen, I wonder if that was ever a viable option? If it was and they opted against it as some weird loyalty to Ole then that is astonishing hahahaaa.

Might be controversial but I think Zidane would be completely and totally unequipped for the job and just as likely to flop. 

What he achieved in the Champions League was freakish in the extreme but he struggled to oust a transitioning Barcelona with a ludicrously strong Real team and was always under pressure on the domestic front. 

It's not insignificant that he saw Ronaldo leaving, got the **** out of Dodge and hasn't taken another job since. 

Every coach / manager is different, they all have a different forte. What United need now is essentially the big club version of Pearson and Walsh. They need a hard nosed builder. They need someone that's going to chop out all of the rot and rebuild a squad of absolute warriors from scratch. 

Best man in the world for that isn't Guardiola (wonderful, wonderful coach if you've got the right squad in place already), Klopp (likewise, just different style) or the like - the man they really need is Diego Simeone. 

Obviously he might not be interested but that's exactly the combination of qualities and calibres they're after. They keep bringing in over the hill big names or sentimental appointments then they're going nowhere. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Exactly this. From a young players perspective our project is bloody exciting. I’m sick of seeing all the negative fans on here saying “we are little old Leicester” “Yeah but Arsenal are in for him too, why would he come here rather than Arsenal.” “He doesn’t want to be here.” Its all a load of sh*t.

For starters we aren’t little old Leicester anymore we’ve created more history in the premier league recently than any other club than let’s say Man City, with that mindset from fans we might aswell just be happy to avoid relegation every single season.

Not all players like living the dream in London blah blah blah. I know for sure I wouldn’t I couldn’t stand living somewhere like London or Manchester, far to busy & no privacy. 

Finally the boy has stated many times he loves it here in Leicester. He has no pressure on him, he’s given the freedom to play his attacking game likewise with Madders & the bond between the boys is unreal. He wouldn’t have that at any other club in the premier league. So why does everyone keep saying he doesn’t like it here I’m baffling. The lad makes a statement saying he’s happy n he likes it here, yet somehow so many of you convince yourselves he hates it here lol 

So please can we all stop being so negative about us not making this transfer. I personally believe we will get our man. 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Might be controversial but I think Zidane would be completely and totally unequipped for the job and just as likely to flop. 

What he achieved in the Champions League was freakish in the extreme but he struggled to oust a transitioning Barcelona with a ludicrously strong Real team and was always under pressure on the domestic front. 

It's not insignificant that he saw Ronaldo leaving, got the **** out of Dodge and hasn't taken another job since. 

Every coach / manager is different, they all have a different forte. What United need now is essentially the big club version of Pearson and Walsh. They need a hard nosed builder. They need someone that's going to chop out all of the rot and rebuild a squad of absolute warriors from scratch. 

Best man in the world for that isn't Guardiola (wonderful, wonderful coach if you've got the right squad in place already), Klopp (likewise, just different style) or the like - the man they really need is Diego Simeone. 

Obviously he might not be interested but that's exactly the combination of qualities and calibres they're after. They keep bringing in over the hill big names or sentimental appointments then they're going nowhere. 

Simeone would be a very good choice, he must have about had enough at Atletico. Guardiola has spent a fortune at Man City, similar to what Mourinho did at Utd and yet look at the difference, frightening.

2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

Youri is a smart kid, he knows aswell as we all do, that if he lives up to his potential he will be looking at contracts around 200k a week from Europe’s elite. Where better to live up to that potential other than our exciting project. 

Also Youri has gone for the money in the past when he went Monaco look how that turned out. He will have that in the back of his mind for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Simeone would be a very good choice, he must have about had enough at Atletico. Guardiola has spent a fortune at Man City, similar to what Mourinho did at Utd and yet look at the difference, frightening.

Simeone is about to lose Griezmann, Godin, Juanfran and probably Rodri. 

It'll give him a lot to spend but a hell of a lot to do. My suspicion is he's the sort to want to stay BECAUSE its a difficult period for the club but plenty of people (Zizou) would run. 

All moot anyway as I think United will give OGS the summer and autumn. 

• Like 1

He's a young lad which means he has plenty of time on his side. That's a positive from our perspective because it means he might feel he doesn't have to rush into a big move and he can come back into an environment he knows he can flourish.

Spurs unless they win the Champions League/Sell some players won't have the money for this move - Levy won't pay 40 million thats for sure. Utd are a train wreck of a club at the minute and whilst they could offer better wages I don't think at this stage in his career Youri is that motivated by a big contract - he just wants to develop and reach his potential.

I reckon he'll give us a season or two as he'll be interested by this project and he knows he can do well at Leicester. If we can keep this team together we'll be challenging for something next season thats for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

A lot of young players are realising that making the step too soon does nothing but stunt their growth. Of course plenty will still make the move, but a lot are being much better advised now on how to progress their careers properly and not just be another hoarded player at a big club. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Things are changing, young players are no longer happy to just make up the numbers they want to play football. The likes of Sancho have shown that game time is what's important and we're seeing more young talent wanting to go to teams who are willing to push young players through. Hudson-Odoi wanted out of Chelsea as well because they aren't prepared to be squad / bench players. For your 18-22 year olds we will look a very good springboard to something bigger. 

Exactly this - these young players have grown up watching Messi and Ronaldo dominate and idolizing them. They realise if they want to get anywhere near that level they have to be playing regularly and not warming benches until their mid 20s when they leave the big clubs and start dropping through the leagues.

59 minutes ago, FIF said:

Naive.

99% of footballers would choose Manure over Leicester even now.

Not true at all. Look at players like Fred or Sanchez for example, both wanted by Man City & some of the top elite clubs around the world. They joined Man U, now look at them. Would be very surprised if either moved to another big club straight after Man U. 

Man United currently is such a toxic club. Paul Pogba is one of the best midfielders if not the best box to box midfielder out there... the lad gets violated every game by his own supporters. Even Patrice Evra said Pogba needs to get out of Man U. Says it all really. 

Mourinho and OGS wanted to move Martial on but as he’s the favourite player of one of the Glazer family they weren’t allowed to lol

thats how how to run a club - oh and offering Sanchez £12 mill to feck off and find another club . Great coup , signing him on a free then paying him £300k a week or whatever and paying him to go away 

• Like 1

Thing is, like it or not, Man Utd are on of the biggest clubs in the world. I have no doubt they will return to challenging as they will just chuck enough sh*t at the issue until something sticks.

Its not in the Glazier's interest to have an underperforming giant of a club on their hands for long, as it will become a depreciating asset.

We need to not be small time and expect such clubs to be out of the picture because of recent woes, sure I 100% hope he picks us, but to disregard such clubs is disingenuous.

Every recovery starts somewhere (unfortunately)

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Mourinho and OGS wanted to move Martial on but as he’s the favourite player of one of the Glazer family they weren’t allowed to lol

thats how how to run a club - oh and offering Sanchez £12 mill to feck off and find another club . Great coup , signing him on a free then paying him £300k a week or whatever and paying him to go away 

Club is such a shambles. They literally need to get rid of all the big names start from scratch signing lads like Dan James who will want to play for them & play with pride.

Players who use to wear the Man U shirt played with pride & fought for everything even the top players, that use to be a requirement to be a Man U player having heart. Now days they see a name who makes a few headlines & throws £60m at him. There recruitment is abysmal. Sir Alex must feel so much anger when he goes to watch. 

On 08/05/2019 at 20:47, st albans fox said:

The club have done a great job of lowering expectations......

have you looked at our net spend over the past five seasons compared to clubs like palace and Bournemouth and Brighton (they have spent more) ?   Even Newcastle are only 15 mill behind us. Everton and West Ham obvs more 

And we have had the influx of the winning season money plus the CL windfall.  the training ground can be paid for as an infrastructure project outside of FFP. This is where king power can put money in. 

The point is is that too many of you believe we need to sell to spend  .......we really don’t. We might but we don’t need to. 

recent history dictates we need to sell.

the fact silva wasnt authorised until drinkwater was sold.

we had to wait for mahrez to be sold for players to be brought in last summer.

check our net spend for last summer.

Also as you pointed out KP can put money in for the training ground yet actually chose to take out a loan instead, although that may have been due to KP money not been accessible due to events.

With all that said I be surprised if rodgers agreed to join without a promise of funds so I think there is "some" kind of transfer budget this summer.

58 minutes ago, Dames said:

He's a young lad which means he has plenty of time on his side. That's a positive from our perspective because it means he might feel he doesn't have to rush into a big move and he can come back into an environment he knows he can flourish.

Spurs unless they win the Champions League/Sell some players won't have the money for this move - Levy won't pay 40 million thats for sure. Utd are a train wreck of a club at the minute and whilst they could offer better wages I don't think at this stage in his career Youri is that motivated by a big contract - he just wants to develop and reach his potential.

I reckon he'll give us a season or two as he'll be interested by this project and he knows he can do well at Leicester. If we can keep this team together we'll be challenging for something next season thats for sure.

Eriksen hasn't signed an extension (despite multiple offers from Spurs) and his contract runs out in 2020, if he stalls, they'll have to sell him this summer for £90m+, otherwise they risk a Ramsey/Sanchez situation. I wouldn't discount them yet.