Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

3 hours ago, FIF said:

True. Guesswork is the fun of the off-season. 

I think he'd have stated that he'd like to play at Leicester if he really wanted to play here, it doesn't commit him but it makes the fans apply extra pressure - he actually said the opposite. But as you say we know nothing.

I thought that I read that Leicester made an offer (I think 30m) to buy him in January but it was rejected as they wanted 40m. It's a lot of money, but not mine, so I'd have them pay it. I just don't think that Monaco will be in a hurry to sell him. They'll want to try and get a couple of clubs bidding for him.

Silva is moreorless irrelevant. They can buy him if they want him regardless of the Tielemans situation. I think Leicester will jump at an offer from anyone for him. In fact it'd be in our interest if someone else made an offer and that put some pressure on Monaco to make a decision earlier rather than later.

I agree with you completely.

You know no more than any of us though. If Youri is as good as we believe he is then more than Manure will be willing to pay 40m. There are at least 10 or 11 prem teams who can pay as much as we can and then there are the European teams in the CL with a far bigger pull than us. He could even go to Palace as a replacement for Zaha - and who'd have thought they'd even be in the prem let alone the conversation.

Your statement seems to be extolling how great he is and then saying he's possibly not good enough for other teams. Something is wrong there.

Yes your understanding of what’s being said is wrong.

No shit Sherlock, I’m giving an opinion.

Whether someone can and whether someone will is an entirely different thing. We also have Silva as a bargaining chip, as it sounds like they are keen to keep him. Which means in all likelihood we don’t have to pay anything like what others would.

Also, what he’s worth to one team is not what he’s worth to another. And what premier league teams can afford, not many others can. £40m would make him the second most expensive player to join a German team ever. In Spain you have three teams likely to be able to afford him and they won’t want him.  France he’d be 6th most expensive player ever and only one team could buy him.

Chelsea a likely transfer ban, Arsenal have £40m total to spend, Spurs would need good money from Erickson to make it happen and that’s likely to drag on all summer.

Suddenly realistic options start liking thin on the ground. Even we couldn’t really go to £40m cash and no Silva in the deal Without selling someone IMO.

Edited by Babylon

Meanwhile it appears that Leicester may have cooled their interest in Youri Tielemans despite his impressive loan spell with them. It is understood that Monaco want £40million for the 21-year-old Belgian international midfielder which would break Leicester’s transfer record.

Monaco, who took Adrien Silva on loan, are keen to sell Tielemans as part of a huge summer clear-out planned by coach Leonardo Jardim but no deal has yet been struck with Leicester who may prefer to commit their funds elsewhere as manager Brendan Rodgers re-shapes his squad.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/16/everton-leicester-express-interest-inrb-leipzig-striker-jean/

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Meanwhile it appears that Leicester may have cooled their interest in Youri Tielemans despite his impressive loan spell with them. It is understood that Monaco want £40million for the 21-year-old Belgian international midfielder which would break Leicester’s transfer record.

Monaco, who took Adrien Silva on loan, are keen to sell Tielemans as part of a huge summer clear-out planned by coach Leonardo Jardim but no deal has yet been struck with Leicester who may prefer to commit their funds elsewhere as manager Brendan Rodgers re-shapes his squad.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/16/everton-leicester-express-interest-inrb-leipzig-striker-jean/

Ffs 40m in this day and age for a player as good as Youri who at 21 will only continue to get better is a bargain imo.... we'll probably head over to Portugal and spunk 30m instead on an absolute donkey! 

£40m is more than good for him. I don’t see the problem? It’s not like we don’t have the money either. Why can we chuck £30m at Slimani where you have no idea if he’ll cut it in the PL, but not wanna spend £10m more to secure potentially our best player, who we already know can do it and in the PL. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love him here, but I do think £40mill is a bit crazy. He did float in and out of some games and I think our lack of a goal scoring CM for 15 years has maybe gone someway to the fans obsession over him. I think we're right to baulk at that price. He was worth half that 5 months ago! 

• Like 3

Difficult. Has he been great? Yes. Always? No, but usually at least decent.

Perhaps he has given Rodgers direction for what he wants instead. :dunno:

£40m seems reasonable though.

Maybe we literally can't afford 40 and that's why we loaned him in the first place. It's not really like us to do a loan deal normally. We were probably hoping they'd fall in love with Silva and we could mitigate the cost. 

Been saying it for a while, I don't really think just lowering the wage bill be enough for big spending if we also want to invest in infrastructure. 

Unless one of the English defenders go for silly money I can well see us not paying for Tielemans. Especially given we probably need a striker, an option at right back and then still a midfielder. 

Maybe he knew all along we couldn't afford him and that's why he's always been coy.

could be several things- agent talk to get other clubs to come forward, info from us  to try and not be held to ransom with the price.... but i’d be really surprised if we were cooling interest- yesterday it was all over the news rodgers wanted us to get it done quickly and now this? don’t think so

Just now, MPH said:

could be several things- agent talk to get other clubs to come forward, info from us  to try and not be held to ransom with the price.... but i’d be really surprised if we were cooling interest- yesterday it was all over the news rodgers wanted us to get it done quickly and now this? don’t think so

Rodgers “get it done quickly”

Rudkin “ok”

Rudkin “Hello Monaco we’ll give you £25m”

Monaco “Nope”

Rudkin “we’ll that’s ****ed it because we still need a top class striker and winger, we can’t afford it”.

Interest cooled.

40 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Ffs 40m in this day and age for a player as good as Youri who at 21 will only continue to get better is a bargain imo.... we'll probably head over to Portugal and spunk 30m instead on an absolute donkey! 

Spurs to buy at that price and then sell for over £100 mill in a couple of years - I can just see it 

10 hours ago, FIF said:

:D

No. I just don't think that Youri is coming to us. We may as well go after James Rodriguez ! 

To be clear I hope that Youri does sign with us - and quickly - but I sure hope that the management have already been in touch with equal or better alternatives as they know it is an area of need and the liklihood of signng him permanently is low.

We couldn't sign him before the loan period, we tried but could only get a loan. That signing is far more difficult now.

I for sure agree we shouldnt let this be 100% of our focus and have alternatives lined up, I think if we dont get him early in the window we probably wont and at that point the situation will become a liability and we should move on from it.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Roughly translated - ‘hurry up Monaco and accept our offer in principle or we may go elsewhere’ 

• Like 2

Guest SO1
34 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Spurs to buy at that price and then sell for over £100 mill in a couple of years - I can just see it 

Has Levy ever bought anything for that price besides the stadium?