Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

There's no way any deal would have been done here even if we were the only club he wanted to sign for. His agent has a vested interest in waiting for more clubs to become interested to push up his wages (and the agent's signing on fee).

I think we still have a good chance of getting him but we need to be patient. 

11 minutes ago, Bigboss204 said:

I really hope the club have a target in mind if we don’t get him. He will leave a massive gaping hole in our midfield. We could be in the position of losing Tielemens / Maguire, and potentially Chilwell this summer. 

We will not be losing Chilwell AND Maguire. This isn't how the club's owners operate.

We get our pound of flesh first. Mahrez was sold only after he'd been bled dry and three windows of hassle....Drinky similar.

I anticipate some hassle from Maguire this summer as I suspect he was given a gentleman's agreement last summer that we'd re-look at the situation in this window. I'm confident no more reassurance was given than that and we are breaking no promises if we choose not to sell.

Unless an absurd £120mbid comes in for Chilwell, he won't be allowed to leave.

There's a clear strategy at play. We sign players not yet good enough for CL football, develop them to that level....but we are no stepping stone. If there's CL football to be had, it's with us. A player will not be sold for their own personal development.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

So your saying you cannot purchase a player before the window opens.

No. He's saying it's neither in the interest of the player OR the agent to complete the deal now. Why would he throw all his eggs in 1 basket by signing now? Our offer will probably still be there in the summer, but so might Bayern, Real, Man Utd.

You think the club have shelved this deal for congerton? 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Still wouldn’t be first choice there though with James Rodriguez playing there.

Rodriguez is only on loan and Bayern are not expected to make it permanent

Bayern are going to spending a lot of money in the near future on young players, they have already spent £30m on Pavard, £68m on Hernandez, expected to be going in for players like Werner, Brandt, Havertz etc., having a complete overhaul of the squad, Tielemans would fit in perfectly to the kind of players they are targeting

• Like 2

I'm not sure we'll be able to use Silva as part of the deal.  I'm not sure Silva will want to go to Monaco now.

Monaco are on the cusp of relegation. Monaco lost again and Caen won. Monaco are only fourth from bottom on slight goal difference. And Caen's form is much, much better.

Two matches for Monaco to turn it around...

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm not sure we'll be able to use Silva as part of the deal.  I'm not sure Silva will want to go to Monaco now.

Monaco are on the cusp of relegation. Monaco lost again and Caen won. Monaco are only fourth from bottom on slight goal difference. And Caen's form is much, much better.

Two matches for Monaco to turn it around...

This has been debated on previous pages but it occurs to me that Adrian might be content to Iive in Monaco playing an easier standard of football and raking in the bucks - he still has two years left on his Lcfc contract and he won’t leave without that 8 million being secure. Also, I assume Monaco is a tax haven so his Lcfc contracted salary is in effect doubled ! 

The biggest issue is probably whether  jardim would stay 

My mind fails to comprehend that being the last time we see Tielemans in a Leicester shirt :cry:

I feel like we've only scratched the surface with him. There's still so much potential to be realised over the course of a whole season (and beyond).

I really hope we can push through a deal but the situation at Monaco and interest from bigger clubs is worrying me

Can’t see him relishing the thought of going back to a very toxic Monaco next season, he has slotted in well here and everyone loves having him around. I fear it’s out of his hands and his agent will push for the highest fee, hope I’m wrong and we stump up the cash with the bonus of having a settled Silva in Monaco...

3 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

agent will push for the highest fee,

The agent works for the player not the other way round. Yea an agent can try convince for a bigger fee but ultimately its the players decision and Monaco to be happy with the sell price.

3 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Can’t see him relishing the thought of going back to a very toxic Monaco next season, he has slotted in well here and everyone loves having him around. I fear it’s out of his hands and his agent will push for the highest fee, hope I’m wrong and we stump up the cash with the bonus of having a settled Silva in Monaco...

I would have thought if the player truly did want to stay here he could enforce that view with the agent and thus the agent would work to get him the best deal here.

That said I doubt we'll see him in a Leicester shirt again, just grateful we got the opportunity of seeing him play for us... a fantastic player who will no doubt be making headlines for many years.

• Like 1

I'm of the understanding he'd be really happy to stay - however the barriers are current asking price and the fact that he is likely to have his head turned pretty soon by bigger clubs than us.

In all honesty I'll be surprised if we don't get him but it might drag on as Monaco will drag every last million out of us they can using the interest of other clubs to drive up the price and force our hand.

I would think we'll be paying them £40 million and giving them Silva in all honesty.

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

My worry is that this will be like the Mahrez saga, leave it until the last minute and get a £10m crap rushed replacement in. I hope I’m wrong.

I don't think Rodgers will let this happen and remember him addressing this as a loan and that's it. Rodgers has been burned to many times by chasing players only to be denied at the last minute.

It's why I said in a former comment that we have to bring out Plan B now to show Monaco we mean business. Even then, if we go with plan b, the new player has to hit the ground running.

To do that Rodgers is going to need time with him this summer. Months not weeks. This train is not slowing down for anyone. Not even Youri.

Guest SO1
17 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It looks like Monaco are going to have a lot of rebuilding to do, so I imagine they will want to get this sorted before too long to be able to use the money effectively?

It's not like their lacking money after who they've been selling the past few years. Hundreds of millions in the bank.

I'm hopeful, but not confident on this one. Get the feeling he bonded well with the squad and fit in well with a lot being the same age and a lot with kids of the same age. He got the 'normal' life he wanted in Leicester compared to Monacco. 

Let's hope Brendan can sell him the vision 

19 minutes ago, SO1 said:

It's not like their lacking money after who they've been selling the past few years. Hundreds of millions in the bank.

Well in that case they aren't going to surely waste time too much time haggling if they can spend that time working on making best use of that money. Either way, hopefully it won't be too last minute. It would be great to have as pretty close as possible to a final squad working together in preseason.