Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

20 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Eriksen hasn't signed an extension (despite multiple offers from Spurs) and his contract runs out in 2020, if he stalls, they'll have to sell him this summer for £90m+, otherwise they risk a Ramsey/Sanchez situation. I wouldn't discount them yet.

Levy is known to play hardball - he'll play hardball with Eriksen and risk losing him on a free if it means he doesn't have to stump up the cash for new signings with the stadium debts so fresh. Levy could well sell but is there anyone thats willing to pay what Spurs want when they could just wait a year? On the flip side they could get Eriksen tied down to a new contract whilst the emotions of a Champions League final appearance are still fresh and raw, Levy is a shrewd operator and will be looking to exploit this as much as possible.

Also I just can't see Spurs wanting to pay 40+ million. I think they might go for Grealish at a discount if Villa don't get promoted.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Levy is known to play hardball - he'll play hardball with Eriksen and risk losing him on a free if it means he doesn't have to stump up the cash for new signings with the stadium debts so fresh. Levy could well sell but is there anyone thats willing to pay what Spurs want when they could just wait a year? On the flip side they could get Eriksen tied down to a new contract whilst the emotions of a Champions League final appearance are still fresh and raw, Levy is a shrewd operator and will be looking to exploit this as much as possible.

Also I just can't see Spurs wanting to pay 40+ million. I think they might go for Grealish at a discount if Villa don't get promoted.

Levy is not in a position to play hardball with Eriksen. The whip hand is clearly with Eriksen. 

Re Eriksen, the big link was Barca but with De Jong and Griezmann they have no need for him in that current team. Not sure if Real would be interested but I hope he stays at Spurs otherwise could see them push for Maddison/Tielemans.

Also on Tielemans, he is literally in zero photos on that holiday so not convinced he is there, it was just one poster that said so.

Guest SO1
6 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I wouldnt be surprised to see bale go back to spurs 

I saw some crazy number yesterday like 600,000 per week. If you think that Levy is going to pay anywhere near that then you should check in at your nearest mental health clinic. :)

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

I saw some crazy number yesterday like 600,000 per week. If you think that Levy is going to pay anywhere near that then you should check in at your nearest mental health clinic. :)

How the hell can Bale command that money with his injury record, he should be on a pay as you play deal!

Edited by Fox 4 Life

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Jesus 

Edited by lestajigs

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Did not know he was on so much, thats bloody nuts!! No wonder 80% of real fans want him gone ?

Edited by lestajigs

Guest SO1
8 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

How the hell can Bale command that money with his injury record, he should be on a pay as you play deal!

It's Real Madrid! puke.

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, lestajigs said:

Did not know he was on so much, thats bloody nuts!! No wonder 80% of real fans want him gone ?

He's set for life. Run out his contract in Madrid. Long as he lives in a castle with a moat to protect him from the local riff raff.

30 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That doesn't mean his next club have to match it, they just need to offer more than any other interested team.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

That doesn't mean his next club have to match it, they just need to offer more than any other interested team.

He's got like three years on his contract though hasn't he? He's in no rush to leave unless someone makes it worth his while. 

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Steve Bruce is a better manager than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. 

I like Ole a lot, I liked him as a player, I like him as a football personality. He's a shit coach. They absolutely bottled recruitment, they should never have given him a contract before this season ended and they 100% regret it now. 

Really??? Damn. What about the "Ole's at the Wheel Chant"? and more importantly, how much will my cover up cost??? 

13503390-0-image-a-38_1557876126072.thumb.jpg.631fea93eda274bbe552b16f1f1f5d2e.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He's got like three years on his contract though hasn't he? He's in no rush to leave unless someone makes it worth his while. 

Depends how much he wants to come back and play PL football and whether RM would let him go and drop the buy out.

He's earned enough to last a lifetime and would still have another 4 years or so on at least £5m a year.

Difficult to turn your back on money like that though even if the fans don't like you.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Depends how much he wants to come back and play PL football and whether RM would let him go and drop the buy out.

He's earned enough to last a lifetime and would still have another 4 years or so on at least £5m a year.

Difficult to turn your back on money like that though even if the fans don't like you.

I am sure other clubs in the PL would be interested in taking him on, just don't think Spurs are the team for him because of the way their wages work. Personally I would guess that Man U would be the most likely destination.

41 minutes ago, Simoken said:

The most confusing part about it is.. where the **** is that tattoo? leg? back? looks like a blob of skin. wheres the knee!?! im freaking out

Shaved ballsack thats had botox injections

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

recent history dictates we need to sell.

the fact silva wasnt authorised until drinkwater was sold.

we had to wait for mahrez to be sold for players to be brought in last summer.

check our net spend for last summer.

Also as you pointed out KP can put money in for the training ground yet actually chose to take out a loan instead, although that may have been due to KP money not been accessible due to events.

With all that said I be surprised if rodgers agreed to join without a promise of funds so I think there is "some" kind of transfer budget this summer.

I think you are both right in the sense that we don’t need to sell to buy but in the past we have been cautious as we were not sure how safe we were in the league but know we are an established top half team we will be more willing to spend without selling

11 hours ago, Mint23 said:

It is an excellent post Finnegan but I can’t help think we could probably offer him £80k a week and no champions league where as Utd could probably offer £120k a week and no champions league, it’s basically the same job at a different work place even if they are in turmoil. They still finished above us and he’ll get more global exposure there with their worldwide fan base and he’d get to play in front of 72,000 every other week. Sometimes it’s easy to forget this is their job and if I was offered nearly double my wages to do the same thing elsewhere even though I like my work mates I’d jump ship in a second .

And that is essentially my point. It will be down to what motivates the guy, what his ambitions are. Utd in turmoil is still Utd. Spurs are still in London and soon to be CL losers. 

Incidentally Finnegan I agree with some of your post, back slappers notwithstanding, but I do not see us as one of the top 5 clubs for youngsters in Europe. Not at all. Attractive in certain respects yes. 

In the end end if we match bids it will be down to the player. I hope he makes the right decision, but that is all we have at this point - hope

Edited by ARM1968

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think you are both right in the sense that we don’t need to sell to buy but in the past we have been cautious as we were not sure how safe we were in the league but know we are an established top half team we will be more willing to spend without selling

The nett spend numbers don’t stack up re the owners being aggressively ambitious (on a par with palace, Brighton, Bournemouth over last five years) - however, the wages have done (just behind Everton) .  I guess it depends how you want to spend the money - fees or salaries ? 

I still believe Brendan has a bit of a war chest (shhh ...... ) 

• Like 1